RW McQuarters anyone?

Okay, I know I will get flamed for this, but McQuarters, when not injured is a playmaker...our safetys aren't getting any younger, or better for that matter...I for one wouldn't mind seeing the Bills add some experienced depth....uh....I didn't think so.....released by the Bears......punt return....okay, I'll shut up.......

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2066793

He was making $3 million per season with the Bears. That's more than Nate Clements $2.5 million salary (yet another reason why Nate's upcoming contract will probably be too rich for the Bills...talentwise, McQuarters isn't even in the same area code as Clements).

No thanks, unless he come in at the vet minimum.

He was making $3 million per season with the Bears.  That's more than Nate Clements $2.5 million salary (yet another reason why Nate's upcoming contract will probably be too rich for the Bills...talentwise, McQuarters isn't even in the same area code as Clements).

No thanks, unless he come in at the vet minimum.

342981[/snapback]

You may be right, I just remember him having some pretty great games the last few years. A buddy of mine is a big Bears fan, so I pay a bit more attention to them than I do some other teams. He does seem to have a nose for the ball...I certainly wouldn't sign him for 2.5 million, but I bet someone will...

I actually agree with you.

When we signed Troy Vincent, he was signed to replace Winfield. He was then switched to Safety. McGee is an all-pro returner. But in my mind, he's a journeyman corner. I see him being more of a #3. We drafted Eric King in the 5th round, but I think he's just depth.

Nate Clements

R.W. McQuarters

Terrence McGee

Eric King

Kevin Thomas

I don't see that being that out of the question.

10 career INTs in 99 games...must be a pretty short nose! :lol: 

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/stats?statsId=4290

343007[/snapback]

Okay, I disassociate myself from my comments...I guess I am losing my mind. There was one Bears DB who had at least one monster year about 2 years ago. I thought it was McQaurters, who am I thinking of? A mind is a terrible thing to lose! :w00t:

There was one Bears DB who had at least one monster year about 2 years ago....who am I thinking of

Mike Brown?

He's the safety who won a couple overtime games on pick'n'go's and made a bunch of other huge 4thqrtr plays for the Bears.

Mike Brown?

He's the safety who won a couple overtime games on pick'n'go's and made a bunch of other huge 4thqrtr plays for the Bears.

343086[/snapback]

Didn't he also cause a fumble on TH a few years ago in the 4th qtr.