Halftime Adjustments a Myth! (Per Peyton Manning)

NoHuddleKelly12

I agree with Peyton. When I went to the games at halftime would leave my seats, go up the ramp and get high with some friends....talk a couple of minutes and get back to my seat..barely made 3rd qtr kickoff. Not a lot of time during haltime

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, WhoTom said:

I was under the impression that the coordinators made adjustments to their play-calling at halftime based on what they saw in the first half. This wouldn't necessarily involve the players.

Something they obviously also kept secret from Peyton Manning 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, FrenchConnection said:

The Bengals come out of the locker room after HT of the AFC CG and started rushing only three and dropping eight. That wasn't a HT adjustment

You see them doing these changes each series, quarter, half. 2Q just happens to be where stark realization sets in that crap ain’t working. They have contingencies ready. 

Three of the most famous half-time adjustments that I can recall are from three playoff games.  These are from my memory of the newspapers from Super Bowl week, which they kindly saved for me for when I went back home from Lansing.

Buffalo 41 - Houston 38 (F/OT): The Bills shelved their dime defence for the base 3-4 in the 2nd half.  IMHO, that is why the defence was better after halftime.

Buffalo 29 - Los Angeles 23: the Bills put SS Henry Jones in the run box because Walt Corey had been told that the Raiders' QB was having trouble reading the winds and dealing with the cold simultaneously.  Again, the defence was far better in the 2nd half.

Buffalo 30 - Kansas City 13: the Bills altered their coverage in the secondary to play shorter with only Mark Kelso designed to handle anything deep.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.