Will DeAndre Hopkins be available this offseason?

NeverOutNick

Just now, John from Riverside said:

I find it amusing. Do you say nobody would care if we won a Super Bowl and then we sucked

You would be the lead poster complaining about how much we sucked and didn’t repeat and you know it

Nope, I’ve said win one before I die since I’ve been a Bills fan. I mean it. Yeah it would be really nice to win multiple Super Bowls, but I just want to get the first one so we can stop obsessing over the failure. It will be a huge relief turning point for the fan base. 

Just now, IronMaidenBills said:

Nope, I’ve said win one before I die since I’ve been a Bills fan. I mean it. Yeah it would be really nice to win multiple Super Bowls, but I just want to get the first one so we can stop obsessing over the failure. It will be a huge relief turning point for the fan base. 

Not buying it

16 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

It doesn’t matter what matters to Beane, the only thing that matters is what matters to the fans. We pay for the show, and it’s about doing what the fans want. The NFL doesn’t exist without the fans. Beane needs to understand that. His job is to win a super bowl for the fans, no matter if Beane likes certain moves or not

Really! Lol, it absolutely does matter. He is the GM of this franchise and it's his job. We can question some of his decisions, but in the end what he believes is better for the franchise both short and long term factors in those decisions. Fans be damned

Edited by Patrick Duffy

Just now, John from Riverside said:

Well, I agree with you on the sad bills fan part

LOL imagine thinking wanting to win a super bowl is such a “terrible” want for a Bills fan. Sue me, I want to win a super bowl. 

Just now, Patrick Duffy said:

Really! Lol, it absolutely does matter. He is the GM of this franchise and his job. We can question some of his decisions, but in the end what he believes is better for the franchise both short and long term factors in those decisions. Fans be damned

GM’s need to understand it doesn’t matter what they want. They work for the owners who ultimately have to work for the fans because the fans are what makes the NFL. It’s sad to see so many fans simp and accept just being entertained. Some fans don’t even care about winning a super bowl, they are just happy watching football. It’s one of the reasons why my passion for being a Bills fan is dwindling somewhat. For me it’s about winning a super bowl, and the Pegula’s have been pretty adamant about being an endless check writer. So I don’t blame ownership at all currently. Right now my blame lies solely on Beane for failing to win a super bowl. If Beane trades for Hopkins, it will dramatically shift my perceptions about him. It will show to me that he understands where the issues are and he’s doing everything he can to make it happen. 

8 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

LOL imagine thinking wanting to win a super bowl is such a “terrible” want for a Bills fan. Sue me, I want to win a super bowl. 

GM’s need to understand it doesn’t matter what they want. They work for the owners who ultimately have to work for the fans because the fans are what makes the NFL. It’s sad to see so many fans simp and accept just being entertained. Some fans don’t even care about winning a super bowl, they are just happy watching football. It’s one of the reasons why my passion for being a Bills fan is dwindling somewhat. For me it’s about winning a super bowl, and the Pegula’s have been pretty adamant about being an endless check writer. So I don’t blame ownership at all currently. Right now my blame lies solely on Beane for failing to win a super bowl. If Beane trades for Hopkins, it will dramatically shift my perceptions about him. It will show to me that he understands where the issues are and he’s doing everything he can to make it happen. 

I hate to break this to you

Terry and Kim Pegula personally don’t give a ***** what you think

They put a winning product on the field, and the city of Buffalo loves them for it

Period

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I hate to break this to you

Terry and Kim Pegula personally don’t give a ***** what you think

They put a winning product on the field, and the city of Buffalo loves them for it

Period

Well they should care what I think, because I’m the one giving them money for putting a “winning” product on the field. I’m paying them to win a super bowl, that’s it. If they can’t bring one in under Allen, then I’m likely done being a fan and giving them my money. If you guys want to be a fan of mediocrity, have fun with that. 

I lurked during the drought years, I refused to give Ralph money for being mediocre. Then the Pegula’s came along and I thought things have changed for the better, then we got Allen and I’ve been supportive ever since. My ultimatum with the Pegulas is a super bowl under Allen’s tenure. If they fail, I will be going back to lurking and not a paying fan until changes are made. 

Edited by IronMaidenBills
  • Disagree 2

5 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

GM’s need to understand it doesn’t matter what they want. They work for the owners who ultimately have to work for the fans because the fans are what makes the NFL. It’s sad to see so many fans simp and accept just being entertained. Some fans don’t even care about winning a super bowl, they are just happy watching football. It’s one of the reasons why my passion for being a Bills fan is dwindling somewhat. For me it’s about winning a super bowl, and the Pegula’s have been pretty adamant about being an endless check writer. So I don’t blame ownership at all currently. Right now my blame lies solely on Beane for failing to win a super bowl. If Beane trades for Hopkins, it will dramatically shift my perceptions about him. It will show to me that he understands where the issues are and he’s doing everything he can to make it happen

If it's what's best for the team it matters. We all want to win a Super Bowl. 

3 minutes ago, Patrick Duffy said:

If it's what's best for the team it matters. We all want to win a Super Bowl. 

What does that honestly mean? Would trading for Hopkins not be what is best for the team, even if it means doing restructures or moving on from other value pieces like Oliver? It’s about risk reward. It’s about providing our best asset (Josh Allen), with multiple weapons to get us a super bowl victory. I don’t see how running it back on offense is what’s best for the team. Explain how fielding a same offensive roster is better than trading for Hopkins if that means eating his salary. 

28 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Yeah but you miss the point of they might not have.  Signing Hopkins doesnt guarantee anything.  He could blow an ACL, we could lose in the playoffs to a bad ref call, someone can make a 13 sec mistake.  Anything can happen to ruin those plans.

Might as well trade Josh Allen away. He doesn’t guarantee anything either.

3 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

This thread has turned into aisle 4 at a local grocery store where a kid is threatening to hold his breath if his mom doesn’t buy him that box of Lucky Charms.

LOL imagine getting mad at fans that want to win Super Bowls. Running it back is not a recipe for winning a super bowl when we proved the roster wasn’t good enough to beat Cinci when it mattered. We have to continue getting better, and so far no moves have been made that shows me we’ve upgraded past KC/Cinci. 

Hopkins is a defacto upgrade, and it proves to me we are trying to get better. As a fan, that’s all I can ask for, moves that show me you are trying to get better. 

6 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Might as well trade Josh Allen away. He doesn’t guarantee anything either.

So far, Beane has proven that we don’t deserve Josh Allen. We have barely done anything outside of Diggs to help him, it’s always been about what McD wants on defense. I honestly feel bad for him. 

1 minute ago, IronMaidenBills said:

What does that honestly mean? Would trading for Hopkins not be what is best for the team, even if it means doing restructures or moving on from other value pieces like Oliver? It’s about risk reward. It’s about providing our best asset (Josh Allen), with multiple weapons to get us a super bowl victory. I don’t see how running it back on offense is what’s best for the team. Explain how fielding a same offensive roster is better than trading for Hopkins if that means eating his salary. 

Yes, if it can be done without putting team in a tough position. He's not just going to give AZ anything they ask for. There's a process and it can take a while sometimes. You just want things done immediately no matter what.

It doesn't work that way

1 hour ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

He was literally scrambling to avoid the middle of the pocket collapsing so sorry he wasn’t able to throw it earlier like you wanted 

1 hour ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Allen was under pressure and moving outside the pocket.  And I suspect that Davis was near the first down marker in his initial route and didn't break for the end zone until Allen broke away to his left. Throwing from his left is not as easy as throwing from his right and IMO Allen released that ball as fast as he could and still make an accurate throw hitting Davis in the chest 70 yards down field.  There are only 2 or 3 other QB's in the NFL who could have hoped to make that throw.

I think it was pretty obvious that my point was that Josh didn't underthrow the ball.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Patrick Duffy said:

Yes, if it can be done without putting team in a tough position. He's not just going to give AZ anything they ask for. There's a process and it can take a while sometimes. You just want things done immediately no matter what.

It doesn't work that way

That’s not what I want, I just don’t want AZ to get mad with us and then decide they don’t want to deal with us or give him to another team. They ultimately control where Hopkins goes. We need Hopkins, we desperately need another offensive weapon to compete against KC/Cinci. Negotiating over picks or salary eating is stupid. I’m not saying to give whatever they want, but it sounds like what AZ is asking for isn’t totally outrageous. It just sounds like Beane is trying to nickel and dime when this situation doesn’t call for that. It’s his job to upgrade and just get on with it, even if that means compromising more than what he thinks is “fair” . 

• Disagree 4

22 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Well they should care what I think, because I’m the one giving them money for putting a “winning” product on the field. I’m paying them to win a super bowl, that’s it. If they can’t bring one in under Allen, then I’m likely done being a fan and giving them my money. If you guys want to be a fan of mediocrity, have fun with that. 

I lurked during the drought years, I refused to give Ralph money for being mediocre. Then the Pegula’s came along and I thought things have changed for the better, then we got Allen and I’ve been supportive ever since. My ultimatum with the Pegulas is a super bowl under Allen’s tenure. If they fail, I will be going back to lurking and not a paying fan until changes are made. 

They don’t sorry

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Patrick Duffy said:

Maybe, I feel that I'm not alone in saying that I recall yelling "Dammit Gabe wtf, catch the damn ball" quite a few times during the season....

However I will say it does seem like he dropped more of those intermediate kinda of passes and was better on the longer passes. But anyways...

Again, the ONLY point I was making was that Josh didn't underthrow the ball.

I never absolved Davis of the drop.

Jeebers.

3 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

They don’t sorry

Well why should they when they have suckers for fans that will gladly eat a pile of poo like it’s a plate of the finest Italian risotto. Must be nice to be an owner that knows cash flow will always be there because of dopey fans that accept anything short of a super bowl victory. 

• Disagree 4

14 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

LOL imagine getting mad at fans that want to win Super Bowls. Running it back is not a recipe for winning a super bowl when we proved the roster wasn’t good enough to beat Cinci when it mattered. We have to continue getting better, and so far no moves have been made that shows me we’ve upgraded past KC/Cinci. 

Hopkins is a defacto upgrade, and it proves to me we are trying to get better. As a fan, that’s all I can ask for, moves that show me you are trying to get better. 

So far, Beane has proven that we don’t deserve Josh Allen. We have barely done anything outside of Diggs to help him, it’s always been about what McD wants on defense. I honestly feel bad for him. 

Lol