Bills WR Route Concepts in Our Offense

Warriorspikes51

11 hours ago, Protocal69 said:

Cover 1 showed that the pass to Brown was initially covered but as soon as Josh directed Brown to the open green INSTANTLY brown turned up field for the bomb. I think Josh is all the way back now. He showed great footwork and patience in the pocket and was very comfortable 

What I loved about that play is Brown looked like he turned on the afterburners.  Dude still has some speed and I was surprised.

• Agree 1

21 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

As far as routes, someone explain to me why on many occasions this season are McKenzie and Davis routinely in the same area when passes arrive. It happened again in the 1st quarter of the Patriots game when Davis caught the ball down at the 2 yd line. McKenzie was there too. Looks to me like McKenzie is running the wrong route

Saw that too. McK almost ruined that play by accident

6 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

What I loved about that play is Brown looked like he turned on the afterburners.  Dude still has some speed and I was surprised.

That was insane

Having read this thread, I now realize how absolutely awful our offense is. I only wish you guys could be the coaches instead of the ones we have.

That way we'd be a bit better than we are now. Our passing offense must be way below average in DVOA, hunh?

No? Oh, well, we'd be higher than #2. Maybe.

Edited by Thurman#1

On 1/10/2023 at 10:02 AM, Warriorspikes51 said:

Perhaps I am imagining things or ignorant.

But it seems to me that we almost never run quick inside slants toward the middle of the field? 

I only remember us doing it often in the Rams game with lots of quick passing

Most of our throws are to the numbers or near the sideline.   

Diggs has shown he is elite on slants.

What exactly do you suppose the reason is for our offense having so many longer developing plays?

Perhaps we will see this as a new wrinkle for the playoffs

You aren’t wrong I  am only to guess Josh doesn’t like them. 

On 1/11/2023 at 8:14 AM, Scott7975 said:

Agree. I thought Josh overthrew the ball. Smoke turned on the after burners and beautifully stretched out and caught the ball. I jumped out of my chair in delight.

21 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

Having read this thread, I now realize how absolutely awful our offense is. I only wish you guys could be the coaches instead of the ones we have.

That way we'd be a bit better than we are now. Our passing offense must be way below average in DVOA, hunh?

No? Oh, well, we'd be higher than #2. Maybe.

The Bills offensive production on 3rd downs is tops in the league. I believe this has allowed the Bills to win the close games this year. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.