MAGA's Foreign Influence On Thugs And Wannabe Autocrats --Exporting The Trump Doctrine

14 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

I had to confirm it.  Bannon, Flynn and Stone were all convicted of multiple crimes.  Trump pardoned them all.  Giuliani wasn't actually convicted but disbarred.  And the Russian stooges he was hanging with were convicted.

Flynn was set up by the FBI and charged with "lying" to investigators.

Stone was convicted of lying to Congress, witness tampering, and obstruction.

Bannon was convicted of ignoring a House subpoena.

None of this amounts to high crimes against the State.  So what's the point of suggesting a Trump/Bolsanaro meeting has some nefarious intent? Because last I checked, absent some declaration of war or hostilities, it's not a crime to speak to foreigners. 

1 hour ago, redtail hawk said:

I just can't understand why MAGA's want to overthrow the gov't.  I'm guessing it's because voter demographic trends look terrible in the near and distant future for unskilled or under skilled, white, middle aged and older men and to a lesser degree women.

LOL!  They must have taken lessons from you guys from 2017-2021.

2 hours ago, redtail hawk said:

That's because there were no  dark, underworld politcal operatives involved that anyone could compare to Guliani, Flynn, Stone and Bannon.  Tell me, what groups meeting attended by a democratic would equate to an R going to a proud boys meeting?

See this is why I balked at agreeing to your declaration about Bannon, our perspective is completely different.  As to your characterization of 'dark, underworld political operatives', I guess that's a fine way to attempt to marginalize or mock my perspective.  I do the same thing from time to time, mock, that is.  

Now, that said, if I was looking to work the shadowy underworld angle, I'd start with this clip from Chuck Schumer, a major dem leader if there ever was one.  In this clip, he talks about the intelligence community finding ways to get to a body, and does so in a particularly ominous fashion.  

I believe him when he says that, and honestly, if he was a Republican working for Trump or W Bush---people, you maybe, would completely agree that something most foul was afoot.  Here's one way the IC might participate in that sort of thing:

https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/16/politics/john-brennan-donald-trump-treasonous-vladimir-putin/index.html

There are other ways, of course.  FISA warrants, unmasking citizens etc, but that's all been talked about ad nauseum. 

Another would be the infamous dozens of former intelligence big wigs declaring something was Russian propaganda when it wasn't:

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/10/19/hunter-biden-story-russian-disinfo-430276

Swing. Miss.  Like, really, really big miss.  During the run up to the election.  That's weird. But as with everything else, it's an issue that deals with a guy detested by democrats, some independents and some republicans too...so they look the other way.  

In response to Giuliani et al (and I'd agree there's some occasional first rate clownery there), we simply need to listen to what people said.  Here's a clip, apologies in advance for the fact that it was produced by the RNC.  I got through about 4 minutes of it but addresses the reality of dem's sowing seeds of doubt on election integrity and flat out telling voters and constituents that Donald J Trump was illegitimate and stole the 2016 presidency.  There's also a clip or two about W Bush stealing an election as well.  

https://gop.com/video/12-minutes-of-democrats-denying-election-results/

I think the Mueller investigation and it's genesis, the crazed, near rabid allegation that Trump colluded with the Russians to steal the election is proof positive of a coordinated attempt to destroy a president and presidency, though I would acknowledge that it was perfectly legal.  You know by now what his report said, and the comments made by William Barr after Mueller's dreadful appearance before congress:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/03/24/us/politics/barr-letter-mueller-report.html

Of course, AG Barr went on to speak about the big lie told by democrats out to hamstring his administration and cause chaos and confusion among the American people.  

https://www.foxnews.com/media/bill-barr-russia-collusion-trump-dealing-putin

I'll circle back to where I first started.  The dems ran a dirty and completely preposterous campaign to unseat Trump, failed, but kept repeating the narrative until supporters---you, perhaps---believed the narrative or stopped caring about fairness and equity because the target was a guy they detested. 

I thought that was pretty bad, of course, but I wasn't the one being manipulated there.   4 years go by, the stage is set for the next election, it turns out that Biden wins.  To me, that means tens of millions of people supported the treachery that was the Russia Lie, and would have supported a continuation of exactly that campaign had Trump prevailed for 2020.  As it turns out, he lost, but following the model that worked on tens of millions of democrats--you included, perhaps---he ran the same game from a different angle.  Suddenly, though, as if by magic---none of the preceding 4 years of torment and treachery mattered.  In this case, because the allegations were made by someone the winners reviled, well, suddenly democracy is in the crosshairs and the world stopped turning. 

I'd prefer neither party follow the model, of course, and said that at the time Biden was elected.  He's a dufus, an establishment politician, with a long history of questionable behavior, likely dirty as ****, but at the end of the day, he's the President of the United States, and I'm a citizen. All I can do is cast my vote and hope for the best. 

So...Bannon?  Yeah, whatever.  He's a guy with a microphone and not much beyond that.  

59 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Flynn was set up by the FBI and charged with "lying" to investigators.

Stone was convicted of lying to Congress, witness tampering, and obstruction.

Bannon was convicted of ignoring a House subpoena.

None of this amounts to high crimes against the State.  So what's the point of suggesting a Trump/Bolsanaro meeting has some nefarious intent? Because last I checked, absent some declaration of war or hostilities, it's not a crime to speak to foreigners. 

Read the tweets from Bannon re Brazil.  It's more than circumstantial evidence that he was involved.  
Who said anything about high crimes.  The discussion was re similar characters in D admins.  There are none even close to any of these mobsters.  They are in a scumbag league all their own.  And you  all defend them.  Pathetic...

4 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

See this is why I balked at agreeing to your declaration about Bannon, our perspective is completely different.  As to your characterization of 'dark, underworld political operatives', I guess that's a fine way to attempt to marginalize or mock my perspective.  I do the same thing from time to time, mock, that is.  

Now, that said, if I was looking to work the shadowy underworld angle, I'd start with this clip from Chuck Schumer, a major dem leader if there ever was one.  In this clip, he talks about the intelligence community finding ways to get to a body, and does so in a particularly ominous fashion.  

I believe him when he says that, and honestly, if he was a Republican working for Trump or W Bush---people, you maybe, would completely agree that something most foul was afoot.  Here's one way the IC might participate in that sort of thing:

https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/16/politics/john-brennan-donald-trump-treasonous-vladimir-putin/index.html

There are other ways, of course.  FISA warrants, unmasking citizens etc, but that's all been talked about ad nauseum. 

Another would be the infamous dozens of former intelligence big wigs declaring something was Russian propaganda when it wasn't:

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/10/19/hunter-biden-story-russian-disinfo-430276

Swing. Miss.  Like, really, really big miss.  During the run up to the election.  That's weird. But as with everything else, it's an issue that deals with a guy detested by democrats, some independents and some republicans too...so they look the other way.  

In response to Giuliani et al (and I'd agree there's some occasional first rate clownery there), we simply need to listen to what people said.  Here's a clip, apologies in advance for the fact that it was produced by the RNC.  I got through about 4 minutes of it but addresses the reality of dem's sowing seeds of doubt on election integrity and flat out telling voters and constituents that Donald J Trump was illegitimate and stole the 2016 presidency.  There's also a clip or two about W Bush stealing an election as well.  

https://gop.com/video/12-minutes-of-democrats-denying-election-results/

I think the Mueller investigation and it's genesis, the crazed, near rabid allegation that Trump colluded with the Russians to steal the election is proof positive of a coordinated attempt to destroy a president and presidency, though I would acknowledge that it was perfectly legal.  You know by now what his report said, and the comments made by William Barr after Mueller's dreadful appearance before congress:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/03/24/us/politics/barr-letter-mueller-report.html

Of course, AG Barr went on to speak about the big lie told by democrats out to hamstring his administration and cause chaos and confusion among the American people.  

https://www.foxnews.com/media/bill-barr-russia-collusion-trump-dealing-putin

I'll circle back to where I first started.  The dems ran a dirty and completely preposterous campaign to unseat Trump, failed, but kept repeating the narrative until supporters---you, perhaps---believed the narrative or stopped caring about fairness and equity because the target was a guy they detested. 

I thought that was pretty bad, of course, but I wasn't the one being manipulated there.   4 years go by, the stage is set for the next election, it turns out that Biden wins.  To me, that means tens of millions of people supported the treachery that was the Russia Lie, and would have supported a continuation of exactly that campaign had Trump prevailed for 2020.  As it turns out, he lost, but following the model that worked on tens of millions of democrats--you included, perhaps---he ran the same game from a different angle.  Suddenly, though, as if by magic---none of the preceding 4 years of torment and treachery mattered.  In this case, because the allegations were made by someone the winners reviled, well, suddenly democracy is in the crosshairs and the world stopped turning. 

I'd prefer neither party follow the model, of course, and said that at the time Biden was elected.  He's a dufus, an establishment politician, with a long history of questionable behavior, likely dirty as ****, but at the end of the day, he's the President of the United States, and I'm a citizen. All I can do is cast my vote and hope for the best. 

So...Bannon?  Yeah, whatever.  He's a guy with a microphone and not much beyond that.  

has chuck schumer even ever been investigated for an ethics violation?

18 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

has chuck schumer even ever been investigated for an ethics violation?

Ah, I see.  Steve Bannon's dopey tweets are worthy of scrutiny, Donald Trump's every word is dissected, reanimated and reimagined, but to discuss Brother Chuck you need a Miranda disclosure and 25 years worth of background checks.  All I can tell you is it sure seems like he spoke the truth. 

:thumbdown:

All this is happening because the right wing has lost. Their positions are now the minority across the board and they’re terrified of it, thus they have to resort to violence and authoritarianism. It’s how the USSR worked late in the game. How sad!

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

I wonder when someone, anyone is going to be charged with insurrection for taking part in the "insurrection"?

https://apnews.com/article/oath-keepers-founder-guilty-of-seditious-conspiracy-42affe1614425c6820f7cbe8fd18ba96.  Not bad enough for you?

45 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

All this is happening because the right wing has lost. Their positions are now the minority across the board and they’re terrified of it, thus they have to resort to violence and authoritarianism. It’s how the USSR worked late in the game. How sad!

Yes, this is what all the apocalyptic predictions are about https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-sean-spicer-newsmax-america-b1920400.html.  He's talking about the end of the US as MAGA's imagine or desire it to be, not how it is.  All the dog whistles to violence and chaos are based on the same rhetoric.

Edited by redtail hawk

2 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

Insurrection. Not seditious conspiracy which is ridiculous on its own, but we're talking insurrection here.

Surely there must be insurrection charges if an insurrection occurred, right?

• Thank you (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

The NY Post says hi.

He broke you. Fully completely broke you.

I'm not broke.  and the New York post recently showcased a cartoon of trump as humpty dumpty.  Even the Murdoch's smell the coffee.

https://www.businessinsider.com/new-york-posts-thursday-cover-depicts-trump-as-humpty-dumpty-2022-11

Edited by redtail hawk