Do the Bills have any available alternatives at safety?

Beck Water

18 minutes ago, Process said:

Our offense is going to have to win this team a Superbowl. D will be fine in the WC round but after that they likely aren't stopping ****. 

Superman time!

Look around us the league, defense may not be best in the league at the moment but certainly better than Cinci and KC or any other contender. It's still easily a top 10 unit and probaby still top 5. Only Philly and SF are units i would say are clearly betterand they are NFC. 

We likely have the best defense of any AFC playoff team, that's what matters. 

26 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

Pwrsonally, I like Cams abaility at FS... I think he will be a good fit with Jordan.   He brings more athleticism, and even though he made a mistake against the Vikes, he has better ball skills

I like Marlowe size better for safety cam a little on the short and light side for all the run support this defense asks from its  safeties 

23 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

When I suggest a Safety for this year's draft I will get booed

Go figure....

might be because they will spend the year inactive for a fifth rounder or UDFA  🙄 

• Like (+1) 1

What about this crazy idea:

Move struggling Tre to Tarons spot and try Taron at Safety.  Then start 2 of Dane, Elam or Benford at CB.  

This solves the bigger problem, Tre struggling on the outside.  

Yes I know it will never happen…so don’t flip out lol.  

Just more making the point, I think Tre right now still remains the bigger liability and the most exploitable than who starts at FS when it comes to facing teams with dangerous WRs like Cincy, Mia, etc.  

1 hour ago, Process said:

Our offense is going to have to win this team a Superbowl. D will be fine in the WC round but after that they likely aren't stopping ****. 

Superman time!

The D will be fine. Marlowe will fill in well. I’ll still believe our D is better than the top contenders in our conference. Not to mention, I believe they will all dig down and find that something extra.

Edited by Beast

4 hours ago, uticaclub said:

Now that Damar is improving, we can point out that he was often a liability in coverage and there wont be much of a drop off.

Damar is a stellar tackler and made a big play against Lamar Jackson at the goal line among many other big plays. If you want to see a drop off, watch jaquan Johnson or Marlowe in place of Hamlin. 

I agree, he was no Micah Hyde. But who is? 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.