Where is great big Tidal wave when you need one?

Why did why waste millions of dollars on aid to these dirtbags, and send a whole Carrier Fleet over there to help?

Keep in they where marching in 100s of thousands two weeks after 9/11 yelling "Death to America"

Thousands of Indonesian Muslims protested Sunday outside the U.S. Embassy in Jakarta over a now retracted report that American prison guards had flushed a Quran down a toilet, in the latest mass protest in a Muslim country over the issue in spite of the retraction. About 7,000 activists held anti-American banners and posters while chanting "Allahu Akbar!" or "God is great!" along an about mile-long march from the capital city's Welcome Monument to the embassy.

"As Muslims, we unite here to warn the U.S. that the bad behavior of its soldiers has humiliated all Islamic followers around the world," said protest leader Ridwan Saidi.

In a short item published in its May 9 editions, Newsweek magazine reported that interrogators at the U.S. prison camp at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, placed copies of the Quran in washrooms to unsettle suspects, and in one case "flushed a holy book down the toilet."

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Before the Tsunami: America is an imperial power that is corrupt and needs to stay out of our business!

After the Tsunami: America needs to help!

When America starts helping: America isn't doing enough!

After America has helped: America is an imperial power that is corrupt and needs to stay out of our business!

:blink:

Before the Tsunami: America is an imperial power that is corrupt and needs to stay out of our business!

After America has helped: America is an imperial power that is corrupt and needs to stay out of our business!

:doh:

342022[/snapback]

It's not every day that four lines and a smiley summarize the views of the entire world. :D

342022[/snapback]

Beautifully put.

342022[/snapback]

I agree, well put.

Of course though, if Bush wasnt the President and Clinton or another Democrat was, we would be sure to get different reports about their reactions to Americans. :D:)

342022[/snapback]

And this is exactly what's starting to happen in Afghanistan with Karzi getting uppity and saying that he wants control over all American operations there. And in however many years we're in Iraq, that will be the spouting 30 seconds after the wheels of the last B-52 lift off their sh**-scented ground. Freedom's on the March tho.

Why did why waste millions of dollars on aid to these dirtbags, and send a whole Carrier Fleet over there to help?

Keep in they where marching in 100s of thousands two weeks after 9/11 yelling  "Death to America"

Thousands of Indonesian Muslims protested Sunday outside the U.S. Embassy in Jakarta over a now retracted report that American prison guards had flushed a Quran down a toilet, in the latest mass protest in a Muslim country over the issue in spite of the retraction. About 7,000 activists held anti-American banners and posters while chanting "Allahu Akbar!" or "God is great!" along an about mile-long march from the capital city's Welcome Monument to the embassy.

"As Muslims, we unite here to warn the U.S. that the bad behavior of its soldiers has humiliated all Islamic followers around the world," said protest leader Ridwan Saidi.

In a short item published in its May 9 editions, Newsweek magazine reported that interrogators at the U.S. prison camp at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, placed copies of the Quran in washrooms to unsettle suspects, and in one case "flushed a holy book down the toilet."

341986[/snapback]

I wouldn't have given them fifteen cents of aid. That is how little I feel for those who hate us.

I am not proud of my stance on this issue but hey, that's just me.

The narrow-minded mentality that condemns entire populations, millions of people, based on the stupidity of a relative few, who don't necessarily speak for the millions, is the same mentality that caused 3,000 innocent people to die on 9/11.

The narrow-minded mentality that condemns entire populations, millions of people, based on the stupidity of a relative few, who don't necessarily speak for the millions, is the same mentality that caused 3,000 innocent people to die on 9/11.

342646[/snapback]

You mean condemning an entire group for the actions of a few is bad?

More family values!

I wonder if the religious right ever reads the newspapers...look at the kind of crap that goes on in the "Bible Belt"!

Not that this stuff doesn't happen other places, but considering all the crowing about Godliness that comes out of these people one would think they'd find this somewhat galling...yuck.  I guess I am naive thinking they'd actually walk the talk. ha.

342147[/snapback]

:w00t:

342646[/snapback]

In the video tape of the anti-US protests that happened there two weeks after 9/11, it looked liked hundreds of thousands people. There goes that theory.

In the video tape of the anti-US protests that happened there two weeks after 9/11, it looked liked hundreds of thousands people. There goes that theory.

342660[/snapback]

They're part of the Islamic world. Of COURSE they hate us....until they need us.

342660[/snapback]

It shouldn't be a surprise given the control over the populous the region's media has. Look at the way our people react and we're supposedly "free" with a variety of outlets to receive our news.

It shouldn't be a surprise given the control over the populous the region's media has.  Look at the way our people react and we're supposedly "free" with a variety of outlets to receive our news.

342664[/snapback]

I don't recall our people marching in the streets by the thousands, killing people, and burning stuff, every time we think Christians are being wronged, like you know, like a church is blown up. Something small like that.

Check this out:

It is really funny, because it was from the same country that a whole US Carrier group went to help out after the big wave hit:

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/ABPub/200...9/403092165.jpg

Heart warming

I don't recall our people marching in the streets by the thousands, killing people, and burning stuff, every time we think Christians are being wronged, like you know, like a church is blown up. Something small like that.

Check this out:

It is really funny, because it was from the same country that a whole US Carrier group went to help out after the big wave hit:

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/ABPub/200...9/403092165.jpg

Heart warming

342692[/snapback]

Just think of the billions the taxpayers could save if we unilaterally cut off ALL foreign aid from the budget.

If they want our cash, they ought to do what we tell them.

Just think of the billions the taxpayers could save if we unilaterally cut off ALL foreign aid from the budget.

And the global depression that would follow would be worth it?

If they want our cash, they ought to do what we tell them.

342704[/snapback]

We started giving aid to foreign nations in earnest to help stem the flow of communism (that whole containment thingy) and preserve the option to exploit their assets (like we've done in Hawaii, Panama, etc) in the future.

And the global depression that would follow would be worth it?

We started giving aid to foreign nations in earnest to help stem the flow of communism (that whole containment thingy) and preserve the option to exploit their assets (like we've done in Hawaii, Panama, etc) in the future.

342709[/snapback]

In the short run, no. Long-term -- forcing them to be self-sufficient, yes.

Hawaii's part of this country. Panama, I can see, but it'sn not like we're getting resources for free. I'm not saying we should stop all business with third world nations, just end the handouts.

Especially to countries that are publicly hostile to us.