Where is great big Tidal wave when you need one?

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, retard, they spell it "disk".  That's what the definition of "disc" (i.e. "variant of disk), means.

When I was in third grade, most of my classmates had learned how to use a dictionary by then...  0:)

344538[/snapback]

My spelling is horrible but even I know how to spell 4 letter words. :angry:

Actually, retard, they spell it "disk".  That's what the definition of "disc" (i.e. "variant of disk), means.

When I was in third grade, most of my classmates had learned how to use a dictionary by then...  0:)

344538[/snapback]

You did read my post, didn't you? I wrote they spelled it "disc," which they did. Because "disc" is accepted by both dictionary.com and IBM, VA was mistaken in saying I made a spelling error.

You are aware you just called a Mensa member a retard, aren't you? :angry:

My spelling is horrible but even I know how to spell 4 letter words.  0:)

344548[/snapback]

If you're aware your spelling is horrible, it was foolish to try to call someone else out on a perceived spelling mistake. Or if you are going to do that, at least take the time to find out whether disc is an acceptable spelling (it is).

You did read my post, didn't you? I wrote they spelled it "disc," which they did. Because "disc" is accepted by both dictionary.com and IBM, VA was mistaken in saying I made a spelling error.

You are aware you just called a Mensa member a retard, aren't you?  0:)

344569[/snapback]

So is he and me. BTW, it is disk. Disc is a technical term that has come to be accepted since the 80's but is not really proper English.

Disc is a technical term that has come to be accepted since the 80's but is not really proper English.

344572[/snapback]

That's the comment you should have made the first time around. Oh, and the correct grammar is '80s, not 80's. The apostrophe takes the place of the missing "19" at the beginning of the year. 0:)

You are aware you just called a Mensa member a retard, aren't you?  <_<

344569[/snapback]

Oh goodness me. An actual Mensa member? What that proves to me: you are so vain that you sought out an orginzation, took an admission test, and paid a fee, all in order to brag that you belong to Mensa in the middle of an argument, as if that lends you some credibility. Bravo.

Next you'll say you have a license plate that says you have a 186 IQ.

Oh goodness me. An actual Mensa member? What that proves to me: you are so vain that you sought out an orginzation, took an admission test, and paid a fee, all in order to brag that you belong to Mensa in the middle of an argument, as if that lends you some credibility. Bravo.

344649[/snapback]

No, you're thinking of Tom....

Oh wait, they're BOTH mensa members?

MWAAAAAAA!

<_<:blink::D

344649[/snapback]

at least he's not in NAMBLA (and he doesn't look anything like Marlon Brando)

344649[/snapback]

Feeling a little jealous, are we?

The smartest people I know are those who don't have to brag about how smart they are.

344703[/snapback]

Fair enough, but when that Mensa card's sitting there, and you've got some fecal matter flinging monkey calling you an idiot, it's hard to resist the temptation to put the smelly primate in his place.

BTW, I didn't take the membership test. Instead, I was allowed in based on my performance on a different standardized aptitude test that I had to take anyway for other purposes. I was new to the area I was living in at the time of joining, and it seemed like a good way to meet people.

I didn't mention the Mensa membership to brag. In my book, the people who really deserve to brag are the ones who squeeze every last ounce of achievement out of whatever talents or abilities they happen to have been given.

Instead, my reason for mentioning the fact was because it's a cheap, easy tactic to pretend someone is an idiot just because they disagree with you. Clearly, this tactic is better suited to a flame war than to an intelligent debate, which is why CTM is so fond of it. The mention of the Mensa membership takes this option off the table. Expecting intelligent debate from the likes of CTM is too much to ask, but there's a slight chance that having been so woefully wrong about my intelligence will shut him up a little. I doubt it, but a man can always hope.

Feeling a little jealous, are we?

344699[/snapback]

My Gawd...how can somebody that "smart" be so stupid? I went to one MENSA meeting back in the 80's when I was invited to join. I've never met a bigger bunch of boring egos. Belonging to a club is no indicator of intelligence. How you use it is.

And as far as that goes, ever watch Rainman? Where is the line between "genius" and idiot savante?

Fair enough, but when that Mensa card's sitting there, and you've got some fecal matter flinging monkey calling you an idiot, it's hard to resist the temptation to put the smelly primate in his place.

Then do it. But claiming to be a member of Mensa, you haven't done it. You're like the people who laud their college diplomas as if they mean more than that they went to school and passed tests. You want to impress? Win the argument. Your credentials- if Mensa membership can even be considered such- won't do it for you.

I didn't mention the Mensa membership to brag.

Naw- who'd have thought otherwise? Why else would you mention that you're a Mensa membership?

Oh wait- here's you reason:

Instead, my reason for mentioning the fact was because it's a cheap, easy tactic to pretend someone is an idiot just because they disagree with you. Clearly, this tactic is better suited to a flame war than to an intelligent debate, which is why CTM is so fond of it. The mention of the Mensa membership takes this option off the table.

344748[/snapback]

Why? Because it proves you belong to a club of people with egos so fragile that they seek validation by applying for membership? You are some kind of shallow.

Then do it. But claiming to be a member of Mensa, you haven't done it. You're like the people who laud their college diplomas as if they mean more than that they went to school and passed tests. You want to impress? Win the argument. Your credentials- if Mensa membership can even be considered such- won't do it for you.

Naw- who'd have thought otherwise? Why else would you mention that you're a Mensa membership?

Why? Because it proves you belong to a club of people with egos so fragile that they seek validation by applying for membership? You are some kind of shallow.

344757[/snapback]

No shiddd... I mean, Crap.

344757[/snapback]

Did you even bother to read my post before responding with this drivel? I'd have been happy to "win the argument" as you suggest, had there been one. CTM did everything he could to prevent there from being any kind of intelligent discussion by creating a flame war instead. His favorite flame tactic was to call me an idiot, so I mentioned the Mensa membership to shut his ugly face up. My hope was that I and other reasonable posters could go back to the intelligent discussion we had had before CTM obtruded his unwelcome presence upon us.

As for the validation issues thing, if that's what you want to believe about me, fine. Whatever makes you happy.