Where is great big Tidal wave when you need one?

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, retard, they spell it "disk".  That's what the definition of "disc" (i.e. "variant of disk), means.

When I was in third grade, most of my classmates had learned how to use a dictionary by then...  0:)

344538[/snapback]

My spelling is horrible but even I know how to spell 4 letter words. :angry:

Actually, retard, they spell it "disk".  That's what the definition of "disc" (i.e. "variant of disk), means.

When I was in third grade, most of my classmates had learned how to use a dictionary by then...  0:)

344538[/snapback]

You did read my post, didn't you? I wrote they spelled it "disc," which they did. Because "disc" is accepted by both dictionary.com and IBM, VA was mistaken in saying I made a spelling error.

You are aware you just called a Mensa member a retard, aren't you? :angry:

My spelling is horrible but even I know how to spell 4 letter words.  0:)

344548[/snapback]

If you're aware your spelling is horrible, it was foolish to try to call someone else out on a perceived spelling mistake. Or if you are going to do that, at least take the time to find out whether disc is an acceptable spelling (it is).

You did read my post, didn't you? I wrote they spelled it "disc," which they did. Because "disc" is accepted by both dictionary.com and IBM, VA was mistaken in saying I made a spelling error.

You are aware you just called a Mensa member a retard, aren't you?  0:)

344569[/snapback]

So is he and me. BTW, it is disk. Disc is a technical term that has come to be accepted since the 80's but is not really proper English.

Disc is a technical term that has come to be accepted since the 80's but is not really proper English.

344572[/snapback]

That's the comment you should have made the first time around. Oh, and the correct grammar is '80s, not 80's. The apostrophe takes the place of the missing "19" at the beginning of the year. 0:)

You are aware you just called a Mensa member a retard, aren't you?  <_<

344569[/snapback]

Oh goodness me. An actual Mensa member? What that proves to me: you are so vain that you sought out an orginzation, took an admission test, and paid a fee, all in order to brag that you belong to Mensa in the middle of an argument, as if that lends you some credibility. Bravo.

Next you'll say you have a license plate that says you have a 186 IQ.

Oh goodness me. An actual Mensa member? What that proves to me: you are so vain that you sought out an orginzation, took an admission test, and paid a fee, all in order to brag that you belong to Mensa in the middle of an argument, as if that lends you some credibility. Bravo.

344649[/snapback]

No, you're thinking of Tom....

Oh wait, they're BOTH mensa members?

MWAAAAAAA!

<_<:blink::D

344649[/snapback]

at least he's not in NAMBLA (and he doesn't look anything like Marlon Brando)

344649[/snapback]

Feeling a little jealous, are we?

The smartest people I know are those who don't have to brag about how smart they are.

344703[/snapback]

Fair enough, but when that Mensa card's sitting there, and you've got some fecal matter flinging monkey calling you an idiot, it's hard to resist the temptation to put the smelly primate in his place.

BTW, I didn't take the membership test. Instead, I was allowed in based on my performance on a different standardized aptitude test that I had to take anyway for other purposes. I was new to the area I was living in at the time of joining, and it seemed like a good way to meet people.

I didn't mention the Mensa membership to brag. In my book, the people who really deserve to brag are the ones who squeeze every last ounce of achievement out of whatever talents or abilities they happen to have been given.

Instead, my reason for mentioning the fact was because it's a cheap, easy tactic to pretend someone is an idiot just because they disagree with you. Clearly, this tactic is better suited to a flame war than to an intelligent debate, which is why CTM is so fond of it. The mention of the Mensa membership takes this option off the table. Expecting intelligent debate from the likes of CTM is too much to ask, but there's a slight chance that having been so woefully wrong about my intelligence will shut him up a little. I doubt it, but a man can always hope.

Feeling a little jealous, are we?

344699[/snapback]

My Gawd...how can somebody that "smart" be so stupid? I went to one MENSA meeting back in the 80's when I was invited to join. I've never met a bigger bunch of boring egos. Belonging to a club is no indicator of intelligence. How you use it is.

And as far as that goes, ever watch Rainman? Where is the line between "genius" and idiot savante?

Fair enough, but when that Mensa card's sitting there, and you've got some fecal matter flinging monkey calling you an idiot, it's hard to resist the temptation to put the smelly primate in his place.

Then do it. But claiming to be a member of Mensa, you haven't done it. You're like the people who laud their college diplomas as if they mean more than that they went to school and passed tests. You want to impress? Win the argument. Your credentials- if Mensa membership can even be considered such- won't do it for you.

I didn't mention the Mensa membership to brag.

Naw- who'd have thought otherwise? Why else would you mention that you're a Mensa membership?

Oh wait- here's you reason:

Instead, my reason for mentioning the fact was because it's a cheap, easy tactic to pretend someone is an idiot just because they disagree with you. Clearly, this tactic is better suited to a flame war than to an intelligent debate, which is why CTM is so fond of it. The mention of the Mensa membership takes this option off the table.

344748[/snapback]

Why? Because it proves you belong to a club of people with egos so fragile that they seek validation by applying for membership? You are some kind of shallow.

Then do it. But claiming to be a member of Mensa, you haven't done it. You're like the people who laud their college diplomas as if they mean more than that they went to school and passed tests. You want to impress? Win the argument. Your credentials- if Mensa membership can even be considered such- won't do it for you.

Naw- who'd have thought otherwise? Why else would you mention that you're a Mensa membership?

Why? Because it proves you belong to a club of people with egos so fragile that they seek validation by applying for membership? You are some kind of shallow.

344757[/snapback]

No shiddd... I mean, Crap.

344757[/snapback]

Did you even bother to read my post before responding with this drivel? I'd have been happy to "win the argument" as you suggest, had there been one. CTM did everything he could to prevent there from being any kind of intelligent discussion by creating a flame war instead. His favorite flame tactic was to call me an idiot, so I mentioned the Mensa membership to shut his ugly face up. My hope was that I and other reasonable posters could go back to the intelligent discussion we had had before CTM obtruded his unwelcome presence upon us.

As for the validation issues thing, if that's what you want to believe about me, fine. Whatever makes you happy.

Did you even bother to read my post before responding with this drivel? I'd have been happy to "win the argument" as you suggest, had there been one. CTM did everything he could to prevent there from being any kind of intelligent discussion by creating a flame war instead. His favorite flame tactic was to call me an idiot, so I mentioned the Mensa membership to shut his ugly face up. My hope was that I and other reasonable posters could go back to the intelligent discussion we had had before CTM obtruded his unwelcome presence upon us.

As for the validation issues thing, if that's what you want to believe about me, fine. Whatever makes you happy.

344788[/snapback]

No you mentioned it because you used a slang / technical spelling which isn't proper English. When I mentioned you spelled it wrong you started in on your Mensa diatribe.

Of course I know several of the folks here and several of them have been invited to test for or join based on certain scores on tests that one takes (asvab, act, sat).

...before CTM obtruded his unwelcome presence upon us.

344788[/snapback]

"On US?" So far, the only person that seems to oppose my presence is you. On the other hand, there seems to be a lot of resistance to the presence of a Nazi sympathizer such as yourself.

By the way...I'm a Mensa member too, the MWM chapter. Must be awfully embarrassing for you to belong to a club that admits sh-- slinging simians, i'n't it? <_<

No you mentioned it because you used a slang / technical spelling which isn't proper English.  When I mentioned you spelled it wrong you started in on your Mensa diatribe. 

Of course I know several of the folks here and several of them have been invited to test for or join based on certain scores on tests that one takes (asvab, act, sat).

344789[/snapback]

Wrong. The post in which I mentioned the Mensa membership quoted a CTM post in which he called me a "retard." My point--which apparently you missed--was that it's pretty stupid to insult someone's intelligence when that someone is a Mensa member. He'd been throwing around insults on my intelligence on a bunch of different threads, and at that point I decided it wasn't something I should have to put up with anymore.

I'm not particularly interested in the disc/disk debate, but if you're going to call the word "disc" improper English, it would help if you could supply a link. The dictionary.com entry doesn't indicate the word "disc" is improper English.

"On US?"  So far, the only person that seems to oppose my presence is you.  On the other hand, there seems to be a lot of resistance to the presence of a Nazi sympathizer such as yourself.

By the way...I'm a Mensa member too, the MWM chapter.  Must be awfully embarrassing for you to belong to a club that admits sh-- slinging simians, i'n't it?  <_<

344804[/snapback]

Well...I did mention Idiot Savants...

Hey, Ego Boy...CTM's cat has more common sense than you. Granted, I haven't met you, but I have met the cat. The longer you play this the more you will get. But, as that is the point-attention- (Mr MENSA? What a piece of work, go play Dungeons and Dragons and dye your hair purple) you must feel real good.

"On US?"  So far, the only person that seems to oppose my presence is you.  On the other hand, there seems to be a lot of resistance to the presence of a Nazi sympathizer such as yourself.

By the way...I'm a Mensa member too, the MWM chapter.  Must be awfully embarrassing for you to belong to a club that admits sh-- slinging simians, i'n't it?  <_<

344804[/snapback]

First I'm an idiot, now I'm a Nazi sympathizer. Please, CTM, enlighten us with more of your wisdom. Oh and by the way, other posters have also complained about your feces slinging. Guess they must not have liked the smell.

In answer to your question, it is indeed embarrassing to belong to the same organization as you.

First I'm an idiot, now I'm a Nazi sympathizer.

Last I checked, those aren't mutually exclusive. And don't forget moron, retard, et al.

Oh and by the way, other posters have also complained about your feces slinging. Guess they must not have liked the smell.

Probably just one - KurtGodel77. Who, since it's you, doesn't count anyway.

Wrong. The post in which I mentioned the Mensa membership quoted a CTM post in which he called me a "retard." My point--which apparently you missed--was that it's pretty stupid to insult someone's intelligence when that someone is a Mensa member. He'd been throwing around insults on my intelligence on a bunch of different threads, and at that point I decided it wasn't something I should have to put up with anymore.

I'm not particularly interested in the disc/disk debate, but if you're going to call the word "disc" improper English, it would help if you could supply a link. The dictionary.com entry  doesn't indicate the word "disc" is improper English.

344813[/snapback]

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showt...ndpost&p=344569

Yes you were referring to the CTM however it was over the disk spelling and even your referencecalled it a variant.

My point--which apparently you missed--was that it's pretty stupid to insult someone's intelligence when that someone is a Mensa member.

I was willing to stay away until this. You remember why you told them to go get a life, Bill? I'm getting the same evil feeling that sent me away the last time.

And, I'm still waiting for the intelligent National Security conversation...but, in fairness, that's not a Kurt issue, and I won't go there.

Where be Promo da MAN? I tell you what, if he actually has a solution to keep himself from maybe being a name on Nightline someday, I'd like to hear it. We work pretty damn hard to figure this crap out and it's really not easy to stay one step ahead.

Last I checked, those aren't mutually exclusive.  And don't forget moron, retard, et al.

Probably just one - KurtGodel77.  Who, since it's you, doesn't count anyway.

344824[/snapback]

Here's one person who's fed up with your simian style of debate:

Thats PPP these days with its backwards laaahjik.

Where regular posters come to talk politics in good faith, even with an self-admitted novice knowledge of the subject are looked at as complete morons, but an old !@#$ who fashions himself as a sh---throwing primate and whose main contribution is whining about how "smart" he is while throwing high-school level insults at the afformentioned contributors is looked at as a forum elite. And even encouraged by the mods.

344090[/snapback]

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showtopic=24579&st=20

And in case you're wondering, no, I haven't forgotten that you were stupid enough to call a Mensa member a moron, retard, etc., nor that you were dishonest enough to fail to take these insults back after learning they were a bunch of hot air.

Your Nazi sympathizer remark shows an appalling ignorance of history. I've read articles written in this country in the 1960s; the authors of which recommend eliminating all laws against interracial marriage. These authors--whose support for racial integration, etc. was clear--wrote that the elimination of provisions against interracial marriage would not materially increase the rate of intermarriage, because the main force opposing it was a lack of social acceptance. And that, in case you are too dense to grasp it, means that even as late as the 1960s, interracial marriage was generally frowned upon in the U.S. Unless you are prepared to state that most Americans, prior to the 1970s, were Nazis (a statement which would be breathtakingly ignorant even by your standards) you must agree that a dislike for intermarriage is not the same as being a Nazi. Or at least, you must admit this if you have any intellectual honesty whatsoever. Which thus far, you've failed to display.

And in case you're wondering, no, I haven't forgotten that you were stupid enough to call a Mensa member a moron, retard, etc., nor that you were dishonest enough to fail to take these insults back after learning they were a bunch of hot air.

No, I called someone who CLAIMS to be a Mensa member a moron, retard, etc. I haven't yet seen a reason to believe that's dishonest, hot air, or to take it back.

Your Nazi sympathizer remark shows an appalling ignorance of history. I've read articles written in this country in the 1960s; the authors of which recommend eliminating all laws against interracial marriage. These authors--whose support for racial integration, etc. was clear--wrote that the elimination of provisions against interracial marriage would not materially increase the rate of intermarriage, because the main force opposing it was a lack of social acceptance. And that, in case you are too dense to grasp it, means that even as late as the 1960s, interracial marriage was generally frowned upon in the U.S. Unless you are prepared to state that most Americans, prior to the 1970s, were Nazis (a statement which would be breathtakingly ignorant even by your standards) you must agree that a dislike for intermarriage is not the same as being a Nazi. Or at least, you must admit this if you have any intellectual honesty whatsoever. Which thus far, you've failed to display.

344838[/snapback]

Your continued attempts at justifying your Nazi beliefs shows an even more appalling one. Do you or do you not agree with the following:

The world has a choice. On the one hand, there is a future in which the world's races have been mixed together to the point that all individual races would be extinct. This future would mean the death of global racial diversity, and indeed the death of the world's races. On the other hand, we can choose a future in which racial uniqueness is preserved; where no race has gone extinct. As for me, I choose life over death, beauty and justice and truth over decadence and globalization and sameness. This is why I utterly and wholly reject global marital genocide.

And is that not roughly equivalent to:

I do not imply contempt for other races but, on the contrary, racial respect. Since races, as the core of nations, are created by nature, the very respect for nature itself demands respect for such creations. The purpose of the large-scale development of peoples is the juridical recognition of racially conditioned families of people in their own homelands. Style, customs, language, are the manifestation of different souls and peoples; and just as these cannot be mixed without a resultant deterioration of their purity, so men, as their embodiment, and to whom they belong organically and spiritually, cannot intermingle.

Now it is time to add my drivel!

Becuase you don't do nice things for people then ask for compensation or accolades.

You donate because you want to help... No other reasons.

Does it bother me as an American that people "back bite" us? HELL NO!

Have you learned the lessons only of those who admired you, and were tender with you, and stood aside for you? Have you not learned great lessons from those who braced themselves against you, and disputed passage with you?

~Walt Whitman

I no doubt deserved my enemies, but I don't believe I deserved my friends.

~Walt Whitman

No, I called someone who CLAIMS to be a Mensa member a moron, retard, etc.  I haven't yet seen a reason to believe that's dishonest, hot air, or to take it back.

344880[/snapback]

If I was the idiot you claim, my posts would be replete with grammatical errors. You haven't pointed any out, despite your evident need to slap the "idiot" label (or should I say libel?) on me. If you don't want to accept my claim of Mensa membership without me faxing you a copy of my membership card, fine. Don't. But even so, your efforts to label me an idiot are crass dishonesty. Nothing more, nothing less. I'm calling you on it.

Do I care whether someone willing to tell lies about my intelligence thinks I'm a Nazi? Not particularly.

Now, as to the second quote you mentioned:

I do not imply contempt for other races but, on the contrary, racial respect.

I'm assuming this was written by a Nazi. By your own logic, anyone who agrees with even one statement any Nazi has ever written about race is therefore a Nazi. Fine. Maybe you'd like it if we all preached disrespect for other races to avoid agreeing with any Nazi about anything race related. Would that make you happy?

If I was the idiot you claim, my posts would be replete with grammatical errors. You haven't pointed any out, despite your evident need to slap the "idiot" label (or should I say libel?) on me. If you don't want to accept my claim of Mensa membership without me faxing you a copy of my membership card, fine. Don't. But even so, your efforts to label me an idiot are crass dishonesty. Nothing more, nothing less. I'm calling you on it.

Do I care whether someone willing to tell lies about my intelligence thinks I'm a Nazi? Not particularly.

Now, as to the second quote you mentioned:

I'm assuming this was written by a Nazi. By your own logic, anyone who agrees with even one statement any Nazi has ever written about race is therefore a Nazi. Fine. Maybe you'd like it if we all preached disrespect for other races to avoid agreeing with any Nazi about anything race related. Would that make you happy?

344927[/snapback]

Wow. you are sure taking this seriously. No one else is. Maybe you are over analysing?

Wow. you are sure taking this seriously. No one else is. Maybe you are over analysing?

344930[/snapback]

No one else is? Tell that to CTM. Or maybe calling someone a Nazi isn't that serious an accusation in his book.

No one else is? Tell that to CTM. Or maybe calling someone a Nazi isn't that serious an accusation in his book.

344935[/snapback]

Accusation's hitting a little too close to home, isn't it?

And don't blame me for it. It's not my fault you have a sincere belief in Nazi racial philosophy - directly responsible for the death of tens of millions, I might add, which is ironic considering how you rant on the "liberal left" being responsible for the genocide of tens of millions... :blink: