Mitch Morse Clears Concussion Protocol

babulator

If he still wants to continue why doesn't he along with others in the NFL get a helmet like the one Mark Kelso wore ? I assume that the entire reason why Kelso wore that was for concussion purposes & seeing as Mitch has had 6 to this point why not have them look into it .

I would think given all the new safety rules about hits if head issues a persistent the NFL might tell a player you need to wear this if you want to continue for your safety & your life after football . The helmet didn't look all that bad when Kelso had it - different but not terrible .

6 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I think the Bills are competent enough to provide Mitch with the best equipment available.

Recalling the Antonio Brown helmet fiasco, I believe players are responsible for selecting their own helmet from a league approved list.

5 hours ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

That's because WE CAN RUN THE BALL.... it's just that Dorsey chooses NOT TO STICK WITH IT.

Bills lead the league in rushing yard per attempt at 5.3 yards but are 14th in rush attempts.  That is partially deceiving as much of that is off long gains by Allen.  But also seems like the Bills either gain 10 yards on a run or are stopped for a loss so not sure rushing too often is a good idea.  Overall when their passing game is clicking I do think that is more sustainable long term to move the chains when too many rushing attempts for no gain.  That was where Moss was supposed to help as a player who'd move the chains 3 to 4 yards most times he touches the ball or on a bad attempt 2 yards or so.  With a player like that you could often be looking at 3rd and 5 which helps but often when the Bills would try to run, they'd then have 3rd and 8 or 9 instead.

PS      One thing I thought is bad the way the NFL counts rushing yards for QB's.  Barring designated runs by the QB, If they are caught behind the line due to scrambling it counts as a sack, but once they cross the line it's positive yards.  So basically anytime Allen scrambles he's going to get credited for positive yards or it's a sack, he can't lose.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Bills lead the league in rushing yard per attempt at 5.3 yards but are 14th in rush attempts.  That is partially deceiving as much of that is off long gains by Allen.  But also seems like the Bills either gain 10 yards on a run or are stopped for a loss so not sure rushing too often is a good idea.  Overall when their passing game is clicking I do think that is more sustainable long term to move the chains when too many rushing attempts for no gain.  That was where Moss was supposed to help as a player who'd move the chains 3 to 4 yards most times he touches the ball or on a bad attempt 2 yards or so.  With a player like that you could often be looking at 3rd and 5 which helps but often when the Bills would try to run, they'd then have 3rd and 8 or 9 instead.

When I look at rushing stats, I look at the YPC for our HBs and ignore Josh's rushing numbers... consistently we are popping off over 4.0 YPC on average. James Cook has gotten better and better, and so we don't have any excuses as to why we can't win a championship this year.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.