3 way tie for conference lead possibility

ehfeuh57

1 minute ago, first_and_ten said:

I said at the time, watch, this loss will come back to bite us!! If Josh had successfully knelt down, we would have first place in the conference with just one more win, even with a loss to Cincinnati. 😣

Or if they could complete a 5 yard TD pass Vs MIA , or convert a chip shot FG, or Davis hangs on to a TD catch, or if they could beat the Jets with Wilson at QB… etc etc see how easy this is ? You could do this for any team unless they go undefeated. No team plays their best for 17 games and other teams in the league have good players that make plays from time to time. You can’t pin it on any one loss when none were blowouts. They all count the same in the standings. The Bills have a great shot to earn the #1 overall seed and home field thought on their own. They don’t need to rely on other teams to do this for them. That’s a great situation to be in with just 2 weeks remaining. 

13 hours ago, BringBackFlutie said:

Losing to cinci is not an option. 

Agree, All late season games are a must win, 

Edited by Don Otreply

18 hours ago, BringBackFlutie said:

Losing to cinci is not an option. 

This is a game where the Bills need to show what they are made of from the coaches on down to the kickers execute and every body step up like they have been & they should be able to win this game. 

It for sure won't be easy every one has to bring their A game no mistakes or at least keep them t a minimum keep their O on the bench can't score points if Burrow is on the bench !! 

10 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

Or if they could complete a 5 yard TD pass Vs MIA , or convert a chip shot FG, or Davis hangs on to a TD catch, or if they could beat the Jets with Wilson at QB… etc etc see how easy this is ? You could do this for any team unless they go undefeated. No team plays their best for 17 games and other teams in the league have good players that make plays from time to time. You can’t pin it on any one loss when none were blowouts. They all count the same in the standings. The Bills have a great shot to earn the #1 overall seed and home field thought on their own. They don’t need to rely on other teams to do this for them. That’s a great situation to be in with just 2 weeks remaining. 

You don't get it. When was the last time you saw a team lose when all they had to do was snap the ball? All of the other things you mentioned are not flukes. This was a fluke that we won't see again for another 50 years. And if they lose Monday, this fluke loss will come back to bite them. Nothing wrong with saying this because it's true. I CAN pin it on a game that they had won, and gave it away. Snap the ball, kneel down, game over. Don't think I'm predicting a loss on Monday by saying this. I feel they are good enough to win. 

Just now, first_and_ten said:

You don't get it. When was the last time you saw a team lose when all they had to do was snap the ball? All of the other things you mentioned are not flukes. This was a fluke that we won't see again for another 50 years. And if they lose Monday, this fluke loss will come back to bite them. Nothing wrong with saying this because it's true. I CAN pin it on a game that they had won, and gave it away. Snap the ball, kneel down, game over. Don't think I'm predicting a loss on Monday by saying this. I feel they are good enough to win. 

I get it, it’s a simple play that should be executed cleanly most of the time, but bad snaps do happen. Watching , I was definitely more tense before that play than watching Josh miss a 5 yard pass he should make in his sleep. There’s just no point lamenting each missed play in a loss. Teams lose games and all that matters is the next one. The Bills have a great opportunity and control their own destiny. 

2 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

I get it, it’s a simple play that should be executed cleanly most of the time, but bad snaps do happen. Watching , I was definitely more tense before that play than watching Josh miss a 5 yard pass he should make in his sleep. There’s just no point lamenting each missed play in a loss. Teams lose games and all that matters is the next one. The Bills have a great opportunity and control their own destiny. 

No, you really don't get it. When was the last time you saw a team lose a game because they didn't execute the end of game kneel down? All those other plays can be "what ifs" . This was unique, which is why I brought it up. It was a game they literally had won, and gave it away. Josh missing a pass is all part of football. We NEVER see end of game victory formation fumbles. If you can think of one in the last 50 years, let me know. I think there was one in the 70s. All the other things you mentioned happen every week in the NFL. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.