National Media Take: Only team that can stop Bills from winning SB is the Bills. Agree?

Big Turk

At this point, with home field, it’s really hard to imagine anyone beating us. But stupid stuff happens every year. Injuries. Bad luck. Team play their worst game of the year in the playoffs. No one thought the bengals (who I would hate to play in the playoffs if they make it) would be in the Super Bowl at this time last year.

great thing about this team is they don’t seem complacent or cocky. Even though I’m already going to Az for the Super Bowl, it’s still a long way to go. But I love our chances.

2 hours ago, Shortchaz said:

The bills have found creative ways to rip fans’ hearts out over the years. I put nothing past them. 

The scars never fully heal. Watching Carolina blow it against Atlanta on Sunday made me think, "Buffalo used to lose games like that all the time". Still hard to shift to a mode where you realize the Bills can win any game after years of thinking they can find a way to lose any game...

We're the best team.

But balls bounce funny. Teams get bad calls and bad breaks. Injuries happen. It's pretty frequent for even dominant teams to lose one of the three or four playoff games. 

Look at the 16-0 Pats. They didn't beat themselves. They just lost the game.

But I wouldn't trade our team for any other at this point.

5 hours ago, Gene1973 said:

Yeah, I'm hearing that Tua has now reached elite status, and the Dolphins have caught the Biils & Chiefs.

Anyone saying that is using the word "elite" incorrectly. 

But in fairness, he might be a top ten guy now. Good news for the Fins.

Edited by Thurman#1

8 hours ago, Big Turk said:

This is actually the third different place I have heard/read something like this from National Media with no rooting interests over the past few weeks.

I have to say I agree with this as it will take the other good teams A game to beat us while we play a C game...and even then we probably still have a shot.

The Bills seemingly are the only team that can stop themselves. If they don't turn the ball over and do stupid things, they are nearly impossible to beat.

Thoughts?

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2022/10/buffalo-bills-only-1-team-can-stop-them-from-winning-super-bowl

I agree with this.  We have the talent to beat any team in the league. That does not mean that we always play at that level, but when we do, it is my opinion that no one can beat us. They need to stay motivated, stay healthy, and win the games that matter once we get to the playoffs. Hopefully we are able to secure the #1 seed.  That will be a huge advantage for us when it really matters. 

This is actually the third different place I have heard/read something like this from National Media with no rooting interests over the past few weeks.

I have to say I agree with this as it will take the other good teams A game to beat us while we play a C game...and even then we probably still have a shot.

The Bills seemingly are the only team that can stop themselves. If they don't turn the ball over and do stupid things, they are nearly impossible to beat.

Thoughts?

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2022/10/buffalo-bills-only-1-team-can-stop-them-from-winning-super-bowl

I was very specifically thinking about this yesterday.

I genuinely believe our coaching staff is MUCH more afraid of a critical fumble, or stupid penalty, than they are of another team straight up whipping us.

I DO AGREE that we are potentially our own worst enemy.

The SB is ours for the taking, as long as we don't do anything to screw it up.

If we end up playing a great game and straight up DO get beat by a better team, so be it!  What can you do?

But you can avoid mistakes, turnovers, emotional penalties, etc.

And FFS guys, go to bed the night before the games...don't go party all night long and play with a hangover.

I think that's more or less what Kelly and the boys did back in the day.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

I (and many others on this board) have been saying for the last two years that the only team stopping the Bills is the Bills.  Didn't know the National Media was on TBD stealing our takes.  Thievin' Bastids.

Where we are now with this is not where we were 2 years ago.  You may have felt that way as a dedicated Bills fan, but this is new to this year.

8 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I would just like to see them have the ability to be more balanced

Our go To move is Josh Allen’s arm and the passing game but there is going to come a game this season where nothing is going right passes getting dropped pass protection not doing a job Alan having a bad day etc. etc.

When this happens I would love to be able to see this team just knuckle down and grind out first downs to win a game not that I want to see it all the time I just want to know that we can do it

This will be the key to Buffalo's quest to finally hoist a Lombardi. We saw against GB we played poorly in the 2nd half.  Somehow we managed 27 points. Last year our defense let us down with 13 seconds. I've said this for 30+ years. If we’re ever to win a SB, our D will have to rise up.

Edited by LABILLBACKER

1 minute ago, Nextmanup said:

Where we are now with this is not where we were 2 years ago.  You may have felt that way as a dedicated Bills fan, but this is new to this year.

We went 15-4 two years ago and we lost 6 one-score games last year, so whatchoo talkin' 'bout Willis?  The Bills have been their own stumbling block for at least that long.

I love our team.  We are great.  Probably the best in the league (pending the Eagles ever actually facing a good team).  But I still hit the "disagree" button on the OP.  I know we beat the Chiefs, but I think they are right there with us in terms of talent and coaching and would probably take 40-50% of matchups with us on any given Sunday.  We narrowly won the last one, so we currently have the bragging rights, but is anyone here eager to see that team again in a meaningful game (regardless of where it's being played)?  I'm still of the opinion that we can play a good-to-very_good game and lose to the Chiefs "great game" (See, for example, 2021 divisional playoff game).

Bills/Chiefs will still be a toss-up. Against Dolphins/Ravens/Bengals/Chargers, Bills would be favored but an upset could happen if one of those teams are hot/healthy at the right time.

It’ll come down (as usual) to Bills ability to execute in the clutch…perhaps avoiding that 4th & 1 gaffe. 

Bills are never a sure bet.

I disagree with the sentiment.  a few other teams can knock the Bills off if they play their A game.  Those clubs can force the Bills into dumb mistakes.

I will say this though,  you will see a different Allen in the playoffs.  He will use his legs more.  Right now they’ve told him to ease up on too much contact.

4 hours ago, wjag said:

I'm in the never count Brady out camp.  They are in the weakest division.  And once he gets within sniffing distance of the playoffs, he turns it on.  The man is a primetime player.  It took a herculean effort by Stafford last year to keep him out of the game.  But I understand 'your mileage may vary".

This is the worst 7 game stretch of Brady’s career. Yes, they will make the dance based on their weak division, but (barring the officiating) he should be one & done. I think Brady is too old and can no longer carry an offense. He needs a strong team around him and he just doesn’t have that anymore. Then again I’ve been wrong before ! 

33 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

This is the worst 7 game stretch of Brady’s career. Yes, they will make the dance based on their weak division, but (barring the officiating) he should be one & done. I think Brady is too old and can no longer carry an offense. He needs a strong team around him and he just doesn’t have that anymore. Then again I’ve been wrong before ! 

I hear ya.  Unless someone drives a stake through that vampire, he lives.

• Haha (+1) 1

Don't remotely agree with this. Bills have a super average OLine, and if you have a good pass rush out of your base look without blitzing, you're gonna get the Bills offense in trouble. 

It's the Bills defense where you're gonna have problems, as they don't have a real weakness if Poyer is healthy. They do a good job of protecting an average secondary, by not blitzing, and using the best DLine in the sport to get pressure, plus being able to be a good enough Run D in Nickel. 

But a team like the Eagles can absolutely create a nightmare for the Bills offense just by having a great day. Likely the same with the Dolphins

Edited by appoo

I thought he could have easily run for good yardage if not first downs on both the first INT and the overthrow to Kumerow that kept them from running out the clock.

There were several times when I thought he could pick up decent yardage by taking off. Shows maturity, doesn't it? Baby Joshy would have taken off running irregardless of the circumstances. Mature Josh has a better feel for when it's needed and when he should chuck the ball.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.