Bills releasing LB Andre Smith

Steel City Mafia

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

his suspension is up, guess we'll see if we want him on the PS?

this + we put White on the roster in his spot.

but if we are smart, we bring up someone else from outside the org to get him live reps then bring in White when it is time.

Just now, Boyst62 said:

but if we are smart, we bring up someone else from outside the org to get him live reps then bring in White when it is time.

They'll have to drop someone for White. Suspended players don't count against the limit. That's the only reason he wasn't cut in pre-season.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Boyst62 said:

Don't think White has been activated, he's just started practicing, couple weeks before they have to activate him.

4 minutes ago, Airseven said:

I'm surprised they kept him this long. Insurance I guess in case of injuries.

I don't think you can release a suspended player any more than an injured player, but I'm not sure - maybe you can?

In any case, he wasn't getting paid and he wasn't taking up a roster spot while suspended, so no reason for the Bills not to keep him while they answered the question "do we still have a role for this guy with Bernard and Spector on the roster, and Joe Giles-Harris on the PS?"

And the answer seems to be "no, thank you for your service and we're moving on"

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.