Jump to content

Dane Jackson injury (update - team announces no major injury to neck or spinal cord 🙏)


YoloinOhio
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

After well over a year of physical therapy yea he’s good 

 

And there were actual no diving signs so he thought he was safe to swim… People weren’t actively cliff diving until the guy who Landed on him 

Sheeesh.  Friend of mine fell off a trampoline in high school. He spent about six months in a body cast.  But back to Dane, these athletes never cease to amaze me. They are young and fit and recover incredibly fast. Not to mention the quality of the care they get.  If that had been me, I'd have been laid up until Christmas! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

Sheeesh.  Friend of mine fell off a trampoline in high school. He spent about six months in a body cast.  But back to Dane, these athletes never cease to amaze me. They are young and fit and recover incredibly fast. Not to mention the quality of the care they get.  If that had been me, I'd have been laid up until Christmas! 

Yea you really never know how serious it is

 

thankfully and luckily it looks like Dane will be able to recover pretty fast …

 

Stay safe and God bless Dane!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

That’s true but You can break your neck without being paralyzed

 

My friend had somebody fall on top of him from diving from a small Cliff… The dude landed on top of him and my friend broke his neck

 

My friend swam to shore and he had a broken neck 

 

I broke my arm playing pickup football and did not notice it.  When adrenalin was out of my system I discovered I broke both of my bones in my forearm clear through and my arm made a Z shape.  I was in cast for next few weeks.  Broke cast over head of someone who thought it was funny that he could pin me with good arm in locker.  While he was stunned I picked him up with one good arm and held him by his neck hanging over railing in Amsdell middle school (now called Frontier Middle School),  I was suspended for a week and him for a month. No one ever picked on me again in school.

 

It is a amazing what you can do when adrenalin and other hormones are high,  The opposite can happen if your nerve is hit at wrong angle.

24 minutes ago, Albanybillsbacker said:

So is this week unreasonable to expect him back?

 

Depends if Bills can get a doctor with reference from Mijami's doctor to clear him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

 

I broke my arm playing pickup football and did not notice it.  When adrenalin was out of my system I discovered I broke both of my bones in my forearm clear through and my arm made a Z shape.  I was in cast for next few weeks.  Broke cast over head of someone who thought it was funny that he could pin me with good arm in locker.  While he was stunned I picked him up with one good arm and held him by his neck hanging over railing in Amsdell middle school (now called Frontier Middle School),  I was suspended for a week and him for a month. No one ever picked on me again in school.

 

It is a amazing what you can do when adrenalin and other hormones are high,  The opposite can happen if your nerve is hit at wrong angle.

 

Depends if Bills can get a doctor with reference from Mijami's doctor to clear him.

 

I mean, I get that it looked scary, but if there is no structural damage, there is not structural damage.  What would they have to wait to heal?  Sounds like just pain management and his mental state at this point that is in question.  

  • Thank you (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Albanybillsbacker said:

 

I mean, I get that it looked scary, but if there is no structural damage, there is not structural damage.  What would they have to wait to heal?  Sounds like just pain management and his mental state at this point that is in question.  

 

He is getting a chance to prove he can be a starting QB and I am sure he is doing everything he can to be availabllity.  Availability is one of the traits most football teams demand.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...