Jump to content

Dane Jackson injury (update - team announces no major injury to neck or spinal cord 🙏)


YoloinOhio
 Share

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, BuffBillsForLife said:

I can't believe he's practicing already.  I thought that injury was an instant career ender if not worse when I saw it.

 

I thought he'd play last weekend.  I think the Bills were being extra careful with several injured players.

  • Like (+1) 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Doc said:

 

I thought he'd play last weekend.  I think the Bills were being extra careful with several injured players.

 

When it first happened I thought we'd be lucky if he saw the field again this year. I was more worried he had picked up a serious injury.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

 

When it first happened I thought we'd be lucky if he saw the field again this year. I was more worried he had picked up a serious injury.

He used both arms to slap the ground and then pulled his legs up, bent at the knee.  So, I was always optimistic. 

I was there for the K. Everett game and that was tons scarier.  

Edited by CNYfan
spelling
  • Like (+1) 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, CNYfan said:

He used both arms to slap the ground and then pulled his legs up, bent at the knee.  So, I was always optimistic. 

I was there for the K. Everett game and that was tons scarier.  

That’s true but You can break your neck without being paralyzed

 

My friend had somebody fall on top of him from diving from a small Cliff… The dude landed on top of him and my friend broke his neck

 

My friend swam to shore and he had a broken neck 

Edited by Buffalo716
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

That’s true but You can break your neck without being paralyzed

 

My friend had somebody fall on top of him from diving from a small Cliff… The dude landed on top of him and broke his neck

 

My friend swam to shore and he broke his neck 

So both of them broke their neck? or just the guy who got landed on?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, UKBillFan said:

 

When it first happened I thought we'd be lucky if he saw the field again this year. I was more worried he had picked up a serious injury.

 

I admit I looked away and didn’t see him moving around some. That was a good sign I missed.  I looked back in time to see just the replay of the hit. I was just hoping he would walk again right after it happened. 

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, CNYfan said:

He used both arms to slap the ground and then pulled his legs up, bent at the knee.  So, I was always optimistic. 

I was there for the K. Everett game and that was tons scarier.  

 

Same and same. I was relieved when I went back and saw him writhing around (using his legs) and punching the turf.

 

And I will always remember being at that game, watching the opening kickoff and seeing Everett go down. As a long time player, I knew from the moment he impacted with the blockers it was really bad. Healthy bodies dont move/flop like his did. Grabbed my dad's arm and was pointing to him while everyone was watching the ball/return. This Jackson injury was nothing like that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

That’s true but You can break your neck without being paralyzed

 

My friend had somebody fall on top of him from diving from a small Cliff… The dude landed on top of him and my friend broke his neck

 

My friend swam to shore and he had a broken neck 

Just another reason why I always watch the cliff divers from up on the cliffs ABOVE the actual divers....you kids! 

(I trust your friend is OK)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

Just another reason why I always watch the cliff divers from up on the cliffs ABOVE the actual divers....you kids! 

(I trust your friend is OK)

After well over a year of physical therapy yea he’s good 

 

And there were actual no diving signs so he thought he was safe to swim… People weren’t actively cliff diving until the guy who Landed on him 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...