OT- Mowing the grass

diver

Is 7am to early?  My schedule is so busy I have to squeeze it in.  Not sure if my neighbors will be too happy?

336427[/snapback]

If your concern is the neighbors, I'd wait until at least 9am. We have some neighbors who like to do it Sunday night. Drives me crazy. Just when I'm starting to unwind and get in the right mind-set for the coming work week, they start with the mowers, pressure washers, etc. All weekend to do the stuff and they wait til Sunday evening when I'm ready to relax. Ughhhhh.

The best time to cut most grasses is in the evening, before sunset.

Mowing wet grass can promote fungus. Mowing in the direct, hot sun of mid afternoon is not good either.

You can cut your neighbors grass whenever he isn't looking.

336459[/snapback]

My uncle has a neighbor who is obsessive-complusive about his lawn --- manicured rows and column, like a baseball field. The neighbor crossed into his yard one time. Three days later so it would really show, he nonchalantly took out his push mower and started mowing his lawn, then went halfway into the neighbor's lawn, did a loop-de-loop and a zig-zag and went back to mowing his own. The neighbor was on the front step watching the whole time with a :doh: look on his face. Didn't do or say a thing b/c he knows my uncle is a certifiably crazy ex-Marine. :lol:

(The neighbor's son actually plays for the Calgary Flames. Or, rather, this year he is not playing for the Calgary Flames.)

Edited by UConn James

My uncle has a neighbor who is obsessive-complusive about his lawn --- manicured rows and column, like a baseball field. The neighbor crossed into his yard one time. Three days later so it would really show, he took out his push mower and went halfway into the neighbor's lawn, did a loop-de-loop and a zig-zag and went back to mowing his own.

(The neighbor's son actually plays for the Calgary Flames. Or, rather, this year he is not playing for the Calgary Flames.)

336613[/snapback]

It's better to use a heavy setting on a drop spreader and over-fertilize a big pattern that spells out something like, well... FU^K YOUSE! Then wait for the rain and nature to take its course. :lol:

A spray bottle of Killz is great for leaving messages on a green lawn, less subtle. At least that is what I heard. :lol:

It's better to use a heavy setting on a drop spreader and over-fertilize a big pattern that spells out something like, well... FU^K YOUSE!  Then wait for the rain and nature to take its course.  :doh:

336631[/snapback]

If you lived near me and cut your lawn at 7am. I would blow up your lawn mower with a stick of dynamite. Not everyone works normal hours (like myself) and I do not get home until 6am. Check with the neighbors and see what time would be the earliest that nobody would gt PO'd. After 9am, there is not much anybody can do about it, before that, there could be serious conflict.

I still can't believe anyone is taking this thread seriously. I'd let the sunova B word go to seed and hang a 351 Ford short block from the tree. The man knows when to cut his lawn. But, one could devise a really good short film from the concept.

i'd be pissed, 9 am is the polite time, people like to sleep on weekends, be considerate of others.

Is 7am to early?  My schedule is so busy I have to squeeze it in.  Not sure if my neighbors will be too happy?

336427[/snapback]

336427[/snapback]

9am for me. But if you are ever not sure, you can always write Dear Abby, I bet she'll know if anyone does :blink: