2022 Bills Captains

YoloinOhio

19 hours ago, MJS said:

McDermott adding more captains every year. Started with 6, then went to 7 for a couple of years. Had 8 last years, now 9 this year.

Nothing wrong with that, but it is interesting. Guess we have too many quality leaders.

Call me old fashioned, I just think it dilutes the title. It’s my preference a team has 2-3. 

Makes sense the way McDermott does it, and I can’t question his leadership so the more the merrier?

16 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

so many captains now.  They used to be like 1-2 on the team. 

16 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Call me old fashioned, I just think it dilutes the title. It’s my preference a team has 2-3. 

Makes sense the way McDermott does it, and I can’t question his leadership so the more the merrier?

I’d like to see a limit of 5 myself. Makes it even more special and exclusive to be named. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Beerball said:

At least one game I hope they roll out all 9 for the coin toss.

THE GAME eh?   haha Indeed

Im thinking the home opener in front of our fans will be sweet too. That is one formidable crew. Team leadership is huge and #17 clearly exhibits all traits you want there. Dang he is sooooo handsome too.  Geesh how many gifts can one guy have??

lol 

Edited by muppy

3 hours ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

I like 4 to 6. 2-3 on both sides of the ball.

But I can also see it from the perspective of, whoever is a great leader on your team, make them a captain. So if you have only 2 great leaders, only have 2 captains. But if you have 9, have 9 captains. But 9 is a lot. It probably is diluting it by that point.

On 9/4/2022 at 12:33 PM, RochesterLifer said:

I absolutely love this year's Bills captains, every one of them. This is a Super Bowl caliber group.

I also enjoy how is serves as a reality check to some posters on this board. For Edmunds haters and those who don't believe Taiwan Jones belongs, the players have spoken. Listen up.

You going to be the person telling the 6’5”: guy  he can’t be a captain!?  Lol ! What’s his responsibility as a captain, doesn’t Josh call the coin flips ? 1/3 of the starting D are captains while Tre is on pup and the rest are either new team members or rookies, so being a C on the D is a surprise if you are skipped for your position group!  😀

JK , yet he is the passive type compared to the other captains, except for his position group ( Milano is quiet/ humble , Bernard a rookie ) and the only reality check is he still hasn’t gotten any commitment or new contract assuring this isn’t his last year as a Bill. The players can speak all they want , but I bet he would rather have Beanes endorsement over just wearing a “ C”.  That’s not being a hater ( every Tre supporter does that as opposed to just discussing his stats, easier to name call than just be fact based) as I think he seems to be a great person.  Would love to see the “c” equate to PBU’s , a coupe of ints, and him actually running thru tackles ( rather than slowing down before he hits someone ;;sorry but the rookie from Clemson plays more violently on contact; watch the series Tre played against the Broncos ,,,,maybe he didn’t want to get hurt in a preseason game ?). 

He has lots of supporters, even the cover1 guys are predicting he will have a huge year with the revamped line in front of him , so it’s not “ hate” expecting him to make more splash plays like tfl’s and to create some hits that cause fumbles as opposed to how all we hear is how he affects passing lanes ( btw,  how many W’s does wearing a C get you?) He needs to be better than he has been if they want the Lombardi and he wants to be back imho, and I hope that happens. Meanwhile , Bennett, Talley, Conlan, Spikes , Speilman, paup, bailey , and even Ray Bennett ( who wrote Darby the Dinosaur) and Mike Stratton  ( hit heard round the world) have all contributed more to the Bills legacy than Edmunds in his first 4 years!   Being a “C” is a popularity Check”; while having the C and being a super star like Allen and Miller is the reality check resulting in TEAM  wins that I will “ listen up “ to !   The “ players speaking “ also results in the popularity of being elected to the pro bowl , and we all know how many of us listen to that charade as players have been elected to it while only playing partial years being injured. I will ultimately listen to Beane!   Lol!    This is a team sport with the Lombardi bring the goal, so other than shaking hands at midfield and calling the coin flip , who really cares who is a Captain; I would love to hear How important that is to Josh!  Pretty sure he would say it’s a nice gesture but he is the first to talk about team accomplishments!  Don’t insult people by calling them haters and telling them to “ listen up” , it’s stuff you  might hear in high school. 😉🤣

I don't mind how many captains they have in my opinion being a captain means leader and it shows that the Bills have an abundance of leadership. It's isn't about exclusivity of title it's about the responsibility those players take. 

Really impressed with Von Miller. He hasn't played a down for us but he's brought great energy to the team. Brandon Beane was even saying how he talks about football operations stuff with him. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.