Favorite Beer?

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Red Stripe is another good one. It's my favorite bottled beer. I still have to stick with Stella Artois as my favorite beer though, but only on draft, bottled Stella just doesn't have the same quality and taste as it does on draft.

yeah, stella is excellent. i concur.

the belgians are terrific beer makers. why is this? research needed... where are the board scientists...

Red Stripe is another good one. It's my favorite bottled beer. I still have to stick with Stella Artois as my favorite beer though, but only on draft, bottled Stella just doesn't have the same quality and taste as it does on draft.

336820[/snapback]

yeah, stella is excellent.  i concur.

the belgians are terrific beer makers.  why is this?    research needed... where are the board scientists...

336833[/snapback]

Basically the difference in the Belgian beers is the yeast strains employed that give them their characteristic spicy flavor profile. There are a lot of other factors, but those yeast strains are the biggest difference maker. Belgium is the disneyland of the beer world.

ha. lol. move in with the in-laws? yikes.

pabst is indeed a man's/woman's drink. after you dig a hole, or cut down a tree, or move a pallet of rocks or get into an alley fight or get into a car accident or have an oral fight fight with your wife/ husband you pop open a cold can of pabst and reflect upon all that is good in life. the can is simply, classic and the taste - consistant.

sing along, pabst loves us and we love pabst...

Couldn't agree more..

Pabst is a great beer for right after you've cut the lawn, raked the lawn, been forced to help one of your in-laws move...

336840[/snapback]

ha. lol.  move in with the in-laws?  yikes.

pabst is indeed a man's/woman's drink.  after you dig a hole, or cut down a tree, or move a pallet of rocks or get into an alley fight or get into a car accident or have an oral fight fight with your wife/ husband you pop open a cold can of pabst and reflect upon all that is good in life.  the can is simply, classic and the taste - consistant.

sing along, pabst loves us and we love pabst...

336849[/snapback]

Hehe.. May it never come to that for any of us..

Basically the difference in the Belgian beers is the yeast strains employed that give them their characteristic spicy flavor profile.  There are a lot of other factors, but those yeast strains are the biggest difference maker.  Belgium is the disneyland of the beer world.

336844[/snapback]

Belgium beers are fantastic! I was in Europe recently and hit the trifecta of German beers, Czech beers and Belgium beers. Yummy!