Training Camp practice 8/7

YoloinOhio

7 hours ago, YattaOkasan said:

Air raid is pretty good I agree. Tilt $ has good takes. Judge gets a little too spicy for me to be a regular listener. 

thats why I like tompsett and Quinn. They usually stick to luke warm takes. Tompsett is awesome at contracts though so he’s sorta required viewing. 

film room with turner and now pro ant and Kendall has always been good. I watched all of the josh Allen film rooms with Nate and erick. 

I also like Bruce. He has a different perspective that I appreciate on things. The 2022 draft as Marvel characters was gold. 

agree on Rico just too much for me. 

agree thad seems like garbage. 

generally it’s content > voice for me

I am totally different, but I enjoy Turner, but the rest of the Cover 1 team to me are horrible listens.  After a game looking for content- I struggle to listen to Tompsett and Quinn.  I don’t find either of them to provide much of anything.  

Anthony Prohaska to me ruins the Turner listen.  His voice is bad and he adds nothing.  When Nate was paired up with Turner - it was fine, but the current pair is sub par.

I want to like Marino with the daily podcasts, but he just sounds horrible.  I can listen every so often - especially around the draft, but I can not make him a regular listen.

The nice thing is there is a ton of content- the difficulty is a lot of it is garbage 90% of the time - with a few gems thrown in.

I just wish Turner would pair with someone else as his content is stellar.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

16 hours ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Cover1 and Astro are the only ones really even trying. Compared to other major teams, our camp reports leave a lot to be desired. 

I would say that in the wake of Thad's griping, it would seem that the Bills are keeping a tighter leash on camp reports from credentialed media, or more specifically the direct outlets of team media, than in previous years. If you only have your job because the Bills will offer you access to be their mouthpiece, you aren't killing the golden goose.

Cover1 and Astro are not credentialed media, and have no limits at all as to what they can put out. Busgalia and Parino are, at least, once removed from the pipeline as the Athletic and NYUpstate are not official team sources. The tradeoff is that they not get some of the exclusive access that WGR and direct shills get, but their reporting tends to be better.

14 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

How many times are they coming to Bills camp? This would be the 3rd or 4th crew from NFL network to visit Bills camp.

I made note of how I was seeing much more Bills coverage than you would have 2 years ago. 

and even when they don’t show Josh 

He IS the comp for all the young QB’s!!

On 8/8/2022 at 12:51 AM, BADOLBILZ said:

I guess I don't understand your point.   Jacksonville was the worst team in the NFL last season.   No strategy or tactics they incorporated should have made any difference.

Sometimes when a defense faces an offense which is great at passing the ball they will ignore the run.    It's not anything revolutionary.   In 2020 when the Chiefs played in Buffalo the Bills D paid little attention to stopping the run and subsequently allowed around 250 yards rushing.......because they liked their chances of keeping the Chiefs out of the end zone and shortening the game by taking away any notable gains in passing game.

My point is that with the offensive line playing bad and the Jags not respecting the run made the recipe for the offense bad day. If the Bills had ran the ball more we win the game. Josh played like ***** that game didnt help as well mostly to the bad OL play 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.