Greatest Music Video

Rico

I can't believe no one has mentioned Chris Isaak's Wicked Game or Baby Did A Bad Bad Thing. And if you dont remember these, you'll never forget them once you see them.

333910[/snapback]

Love her eyes.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

which coincidentally introduced the world to a roller skating terry jean bolet(sp) more commonly known as hulk hogan.

Actually, if my beer soaked brain is remembering correctly, Michael Nesmith (formerly of The Monkees) is credited with inventing the music video. Did something called 'Elephant Parts' I believe...

333715[/snapback]

greatest music video?

Johnny Cash - Hurt

i defy you not to be moved by it.

333611[/snapback]

It's so sad to see June in the video, right before she passed away. I believe that when she died, a large part of Johnny died too.

That's why he only lasted a few more months.

Mike

It's so sad to see June in the video, right before she passed away.  I believe that when she died, a large part of Johnny died too. 

That's why he only lasted a few more months.

Mike

333954[/snapback]

Aside, Check out the documentary on the Carter Family on

American Experience on PBS if you get a chance, amazing

documentary.

Geez I'm gettin'old how about...

Home Sweet Home - Motley Crue

Wanted Dead or Alive - Bon Jovi

Jack and Diane - John Cougar

Summer of 69 - Bryan Adams

Patience - Guns and Roses

Well maybe I like the songs but the videos are alright

As long as we're going back to the early early days of MTV...

"Goody Two Shoes" by Adam Ant

"Think I'm In Love" by Eddie Money

"Down Under" and "Who Can It Be Now" by Men At Work

"Pass The Dutchie" by Musical Youth

"Sunday Bloody Sunday" by U2

"Jump" by Van Halen

"California Girls" by David Lee Roth

"Rock Of Ages" by Def Leppard

"For Those About To Rock" by AC/DC

"Sweet Dream" by Jethro Tull

"She Blinded Me With Science" by Thomas Dolby

and, of course...

"Rock And Roll Creation" by Spinal Tap.  ;)

333458[/snapback]

That's a great list. I always thought the "Think I'm in Love" fit the music in a way that not many video's have.

One unmentioned video but rather rare is the Godley and Creme video "Cry." It's the one that inspired Michael Jackson for the morphing video he made, which at the moment I can't recall the name of. But since it was done totally with video editing before morphing was discovered its rather unique.

I didn't find out Godley and Creme were from 10cc till just a few years ago. The video made sense after that considering G&C's odd sense of humor, i.e. Rubber Bullets.

a bit of 10cc trivia for ya. their name is from the amount of semen contained in the average male ejaculation. don't know why I know that, but I do

That's a great list.  I always thought the "Think I'm in Love" fit the music in a way that not many video's have.

One unmentioned video but rather rare is the Godley and Creme video "Cry."  It's the one that inspired Michael Jackson for the morphing video he made, which at the moment I can't recall the name of.  But since it was done totally with video editing before morphing was discovered its rather unique.

I didn't find out Godley and Creme were from 10cc till just a few years ago.  The video made sense after that considering G&C's odd sense of humor, i.e. Rubber Bullets.

334165[/snapback]

One unmentioned video but rather rare is the Godley and Creme video "Cry."  It's the one that inspired Michael Jackson for the morphing video he made, which at the moment I can't recall the name of.  But since it was done totally with video editing before morphing was discovered its rather unique.

334165[/snapback]

"Black or White" is the video you're thinking of.

I still remember the "In Living Color" parody..."Look me in the face and tell me if you think I'm black or white."

And then, Jackson uses a crowbar on a car, and an officer arrests him.

The Jackson character's last words in the parody?

"I must be black."

:):lol:

Mike

I'm sitting here watching VH1 Classic because of this thread. :wub:

One more for the list: "You Got Lucky" by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers. The video barely seems to fit the lyrics at all, but it's absolutely perfect for the music.

And another: "Bad To The Bone" by George Thorogood and the Destroyers. The pool hall is just an inspired setting. And when the ball hangs on the lip of the pocket and drops -- "Whoo! Bad to the bone." ;)