Boris Johnson's Scandals

The British PM is facing widespread resignations as his party is trying to get him to quit. I really liked his stance on Ukraine and the leadership he very much provided. This article is a great read on the scandals of his administration. It's not without its humorous incidents 

https://www.foxnews.com/world/boris-johnson-scandals-rocked-britain

It’s interesting that one of the main issues mentioned was lack of leadership during the pandemic, especially as it related to partying during COVID while the rest of his country ate gruel and huddled in darkness. 

In the US, we had all sort of politicians sending that very same message, and an entire party specifically devoted to encouraging citizens by the tens of thousands to take to the streets, huddle together in a most COVID-spready-fashion and not a word during a pandemic that killed millions.  

7 minutes ago, Gene Frenkle said:

Do you miss the hair or do you just love the crazy?

Neither.  I miss secure borders, $2 gasoline, a war-free-globe, the 13 dead Marines, groceries I can afford, a properly functioning supply chain, a growing GDP, my 401K balance, energy independence, and common sense.  Is that enough?  

What a mess.   

1 hour ago, Irv said:

Neither.  I miss secure borders, $2 gasoline, a war-free-globe, the 13 dead Marines, groceries I can afford, a properly functioning supply chain, a growing GDP, my 401K balance, energy independence, and common sense.  Is that enough?  

What a mess.   

What do you think caused this mess?

Edited by Gene Frenkle

12 hours ago, Gene Frenkle said:

What do you think caused this mess?

Your demented President or whoever is running the Executive Branch and their child-like, American Last policies.  Have you been living under a rock?  What a mess.  

6 hours ago, Irv said:

Your demented President or whoever is running the Executive Branch and their child-like, American Last policies.  Have you been living under a rock?  What a mess.  

Specifically, I'd love to hear why you think the current president is to blame for your complaints. My contention is that you watch a lot of cable news and haven't really thought this through. Prove me wrong, based on the blame you're laying and how Biden is screwing us all over:

secure borders - what did he do that you don't like?

$2 gasoline - I suppose you're implying that there would be no war in Ukraine if Don was still in office?

a war-free-globe - you're literally blaming Biden for lack of world peace? 😆

the 13 dead Marines - should we still be in Afghanistan? no mention of the 170 civilians killed in that attack?

groceries I can afford - you believe Biden caused this inflation? zoom out. markets have larger timeframes than presidents do.

a properly functioning supply chain - supply chain still recovering from COVID, workers unwilling to go back to low paying jobs. This started in 2020, if you recall.

a growing GDP - we're headed into a recession because of a market bubble that's been growing since at least 2016 - maybe even 2013.

my 401K balance - every single president ever wants your 401K to do well because simpletons equate who's in office to what happens in the stock market.

energy independence - you want him to be greener?

common sense - show me yours.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Gene Frenkle said:

Specifically, I'd love to hear why you think the current president is to blame for your complaints. My contention is that you watch a lot of cable news and haven't really thought this through. Prove me wrong, based on the blame you're laying and how Biden is screwing us all over:

$2 gasoline - I suppose you're implying that there would be no war in Ukraine if Don was still in office?

the 13 dead Marines - should we still be in Afghanistan? no mention of the 170 civilians killed in that attack?

groceries I can afford - you believe Biden caused this inflation? zoom out. markets have larger timeframes than presidents do.

a properly functioning supply chain - supply chain still recovering from COVID, workers unwilling to go back to low paying jobs. This started in 2020, if you recall.

a growing GDP - we're headed into a recession because of a market bubble that's been growing since at least 2016 - maybe even 2013.

my 401K balance - every single president ever wants your 401K to do well because simpletons equate who's in office to what happens in the stock market.

Wow, I’ve been wondering how programmed of a sheep you’d need to be to be part of the 30% that can’t see what a disaster this has been. When Biden came in saying trump was the worst ever, he the said, hold my beer….  ill see trump and raise you carter. 

• Agree 1

20 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Wow, I’ve been wondering how programmed of a sheep you’d need to be to be part of the 30% that can’t see what a disaster this has been. When Biden came in saying trump was the worst ever, he the said, hold my beer….  ill see trump and raise you carter.

They can't bear to bring themselves to blame Joke for anything.  It's clear that a Dem President (Hilly) would have done no better and, if Joke's performance is any indication, probably would done worse with the pandemic, which is the main reason for most of our current woes.

But they don't/refuse to see that Joke's war on oil has caused a significant increase in gasoline, and correspondingly all other, prices that preceded Putin's war(s) on Ukraine (that, in fact, happened under Dem Presidents).  Mostly because they want green energy now, even if we're not equipped to change.

21 hours ago, Gene Frenkle said:

It’s difficult to comprehend how some can deny the truth.  During Trump’s presidency everything I noted was in good shape.   During Joke’s presidency everything I noted is an abject disaster.  You can’t put two and two together?  Come November I promise you the American public will.  Put your ***** head back in the sand.  

The floor is open to either of you knuckleheads. Argue the points.

1 minute ago, Irv said:

It’s difficult to comprehend how some can deny the truth.  During Trump’s presidency everything I noted was in good shape.   During Joke’s presidency everything I noted is an abject disaster.  You can’t put two and two together?  Come November I promise you the American public will.  Put your ***** head back in the sand.  

So ya got nothing, huh?

"Common Sense" 🤣

21 hours ago, Gene Frenkle said:

I think a fair complaint of this administration would be they haven't taken enough steps to lessen the impact of these things.

Afghanistan- not great but at least we're not there anymore. 

18 minutes ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

I think a fair complaint of this administration would be they haven't taken enough steps to lessen the impact of these things.

Afghanistan- not great but at least we're not there anymore. 

Thank you.  At the least, your first sentence is what everyone should be saying.  But the truth is some of his policies have made things worse.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Doc said:

Thank you.  At the least, your first sentence is what everyone should be saying.  But the truth is some of his policies have made things worse.

Others blaming him for everything is just as delusional as saying he's not responsible for anything. 

• Agree 1