Pink Floyd catalog up for record sale amount.

PromoTheRobot

EDITORIAL COMMENT:  Although I like this song, for me it is totally thematically out of place on the otherwise perfect Dark Side of the Moon album.  It just doesn't fit into the rest of the work.  I would have deleted it.

On 6/25/2022 at 11:32 AM, I am the egg man said:

$500,000,000…………money.

It's no surprise that they're giving none away.

Soon Sid, David, and Roger will be singing:

"Dollar bills, dollar bills
Keep on falling for me, I love the way it feels."

(Well hell, they've been singing that since the early '70s.  This is nothing new!)

2 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

EDITORIAL COMMENT:  Although I like this song, for me it is totally thematically out of place on the otherwise perfect Dark Side of the Moon album.  It just doesn't fit into the rest of the work.  I would have deleted it.

Soon Sid, David, and Roger will be singing:

"Dollar bills, dollar bills
Keep on falling for me, I love the way it feels."

(Well hell, they've been singing that since the early '70s.  This is nothing new!)

Only problem is that Syd is dead.

500 million seems a bit light for their musics rights.  Dark Side alone should garner a hefty portion of that, then throw in The Wall.

Wonder how it effects them, or any artist, when they sell their catalog?  I assume they can still play the music without paying royalties to the new owners?  Must be written into the deal when done.  Roger Waters makes a killing with his tours playing Floyd music.

15 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

The theme of the album is things that make people crazy. A song about the pursuit of money fits the bill perfectly.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.