GOT Prequel "House of the Dragon" Coming to HBO in August

Nextmanup

I saw a commercial for this yesterday.  I'm sure most people know about this, but I was not one of them! 

Had no idea we were about to get GOT Part II, or the "Better Call Saul" of GOT.

Mark Sunday, August 21st on your calendars now!  

https://www.today.com/popculture/tv/house-of-the-dragon-game-of-thrones-prequel-rcna22448

16 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

I'm kinda iffy about this. The final season of GoT was meh and the creators did not seem too invested in it anymore. Will be interesting to see of these new people can recapture that old GoT magic.

There is definitely a change of personnel at the top, but a lot of the people from GOT are still involved with this one too.

It will all come down to the writing.  If it's still excellent, the show will be great.

I'm sure directing, acting, special effects, etc., will remain top notch.

I'm not too pumped.  The targaryen mythology wasnt something I felt overly interesting from the books.

Ok they had white hair and purple eyes.  Came over and took over westeros with 3 immense dragons.  Ruled for like 300 years.  Some were crazy, some were good.  A few non-consequential internal power struggles.  Things didn't seem to get interesting until the events of a song of ice and fire.  

Edited by May Day 10

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.