Sauce Gardner will "easily" take on Stephon Diggs, others... Diggs might feel differently :)

Commish

Did anyone watch the video they played of his covering ability on ESPN when he was picked? They showed 4-5 plays and I counted 4 PI/Holding calls at the NFL level. I don't watch much college but do they not call those in college? It was blatant too, not even questionable stuff. 

• Eyeroll 1

5 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

I think he’s a great talent, but let’s not pretend he’s taken on the best even in college.  He’s going to be licking sauce off his wounds for a bit in the NFL.   I wouldn’t run my mouth about any All-Pros without stepping foot on an NFL field.   Diggs is going to light him up as will Hill, those are not guys you see in college.  Hill is sincerely a generational type of talent (and #######), Diggs is damn near impossible for the very best DBs in the league to cover one on one with Allen throwing to him.  I’d expect them to throw it right at the kid from play one when they get on the field.

He’s going to need to be CB1 right away. Tre did that too and took some lumps. 

Would any team draft any CB who wasn't confident about his abilities?  He'll find out what the NFL is about, right quick. 

Actually I think this attitude is what the Jets need -- someone confident who might help turn around the garbage fire culture in New Jersey.  He'll probably be one of their best players until he walks away as a FA or is traded because the Jets can't afford to pay him in a few years.

The thing this young boy will soon realize is that Josh will place the ball exactly where only the receiver can get to it. And that ball will come in hot. Sauce will get frustrated thinking "man, I was all over him, how'd he get that?"  The Gabe Davis is running wild, then Knox, then McKenzie, then Crowder, then Duke and Devin and hopefully Breece Hall or Ruckert. Even if you think you can shut down Diggs, we are going to smoke your D. Then when you think you got it all covered, Josh runs for 20 yds and a TD. BOOM JETS BOOM!

Edited by TampaBillsJunkie

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.