How will Trump’s tax INCREASE affect you?

6 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Why are you against having our biggest entitlement programs brought up for review every 5 years?   Private firms review their plans at least annually if not quarterly.  Government sunsets things all the time. For instance the Trump tax cuts are set to sunset in 2026 which will raise EVERYONE’s taxes. 

And why are they lying about “scrapping” SS and Medicare?  Why lie to make a point. This is getting ridiculous Bill. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, B-Man said:

How will the NEW GOP tax INCREASE affect you?

it won’t.

there isn’t any. 

that’s why the flailing, desperate OP has to go back 40 years. (and lie)  😂

Wait for it. Trump’s tax cuts will sunset in 2026.  That’s the only way they could get the Dems to go along.  If the GOP have the House/Senate/WH then the left will blame the GOP.  Mark my words. 

18 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Hate example #13

Why so mad?  Are you upset you got called out on the tax cuts for the rich BS.  

Obviously.  And I love that he keeps quoting the “Watergate” thing…considering it was me mocking them. 

• Vomit 1

14 minutes ago, Doc said:

Obviously.  And I love that he keeps quoting the “Watergate” thing…considering it was me mocking them. 

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886xfsu8jrmuodxvef6bd

On the first page of the thread… and now qDoc is changing his tune?

JFC

And @Chef Jim - yes tax brackets were adjusted for all but benefited the the wealthy the most as Trump intended… And it’s funny how those corporate tax cut are permanent - and nothing tricked down.

Why else was Conald promising and always failing to deliver that middle class tax cut?

Idiots 

1 minute ago, BillStime said:

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886xfsu8jrmuodxvef6bd

On the first page of the thread… and now qDoc is changing his tune?

JFC

And @Chef Jim - yes tax brackets were adjusted for all but benefited the the wealthy the most as Trump intended… And it’s funny how those corporate tax cut are permanent - and nothing tricked down.

Why else was Conald promising and always failing to deliver that middle class tax cut?

Idiots 

Yup. Just like clockwork. How did I know you were going to say that the bracket adjustments would benefit the wealthy more. 

Let’s take a look at the math.  The highest bracket went from 39.6% to 37% a reduction of 6.6% while the second to lowest bracket went from 15% to 12% a reduction of 20%.  Yes the 10% bracket remained unchanged but those were for people making less than $10k single and $20k married filing jointly so not many people fall in that bracket. And with the standard deduction their income goes to $0 so their effective rate is 0% 

Billy stop reading the Twit for Brains post and look at reality. 

10 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Yup. Just like clockwork. How did I know you were going to say that the bracket adjustments would benefit the wealthy more. 

Let’s take a look at the math.  The highest bracket went from 39.6% to 37% a reduction of 6.6% while the second to lowest bracket went from 15% to 12% a reduction of 20%.  Yes the 10% bracket remained unchanged but those were for people making less than $10k single and $20k married filing jointly so not many people fall in that bracket. And with the standard deduction their income goes to $0 so their effective rate is 0% 

Billy stop reading the Twit for Brains post and look at reality. 

Becuase the tax cuts DID benefit the wealthy and corporate America MOST.

And Jim - you live in California - the Trump tax scam hammered you and New Yorkers most. You are no longer able to deduct interest on your mortgage, or deduct your state and local sales and income taxes.

So funny watching idiots vote against their interests. Wait until they come for your Social Security, Jim. How old are you again?  

And guess what?

We clearly couldn’t afford those tax cuts could we… a month into a pandemic Trump was doling out trillions to his friends with forgivable loans. 

IRS Files Reveal How Much the Ultrawealthy Gained by Shaping Trump’s “Big, Beautiful Tax Cut”

https://www.propublica.org/article/secret-irs-files-reveal-how-much-the-ultrawealthy-gained-by-shaping-trumps-big-beautiful-tax-cut/amp

Idiots 

4 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Becuase the tax cuts DID benefit the wealthy and corporate America MOST.

And Jim - you live in California - the Trump tax scam hammered you and New Yorkers most. You are no longer able to deduct interest on your mortgage, or deduct your state and local sales and income taxes.

So funny watching idiots vote against their interests. Wait until they come for your Social Security, Jim. How old are you again?  

And guess what?

We clearly couldn’t afford those tax cuts could we… a month into a pandemic Trump was doling out trillions to his friends with forgivable loans. 

IRS Files Reveal How Much the Ultrawealthy Gained by Shaping Trump’s “Big, Beautiful Tax Cut”

https://www.propublica.org/article/secret-irs-files-reveal-how-much-the-ultrawealthy-gained-by-shaping-trumps-big-beautiful-tax-cut/amp

Idiots 

Hey Billy.  You don’t know much about me. I can no longer deduct my mortgage interest.  You know why?  I don’t have one.  And I’m 61 so no one is touching my SS.  No one has even discussed taking it way.  

Doling out trillions in loans to his friends?  Trillions??  Try $800b.  Those loans, by some estimates, saved 3,000,000 jobs.  Some say even more.  I guess you don’t remember how many businesses were shut down during the pandemic.  Was there abuse?  Hell yeah. Government programs are always abused because the government sucks at checks and balances.  But to bag in the program outright is pure political hackery on your part.  It was needed and saves a ton of businesses. 

And nice dodge about the tax brackets.  You were 100% wrong when you said the changes in the tax brackets benefited the wealthy the most.  Seeing I pointed that out can you put your big boy pants on and admit you were wrong?

4 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Hey Billy.  You don’t know much about me. I can no longer deduct my mortgage interest.  You know why?  I don’t have one.  And I’m 61 so no one is touching my SS.  No one has even discussed taking it way.  

Doling out trillions in loans to his friends?  Trillions??  Try $800b.  Those loans, by some estimates, saved 3,000,000 jobs.  Some say even more.  I guess you don’t remember how many businesses were shut down during the pandemic.  Was there abuse?  Hell yeah. Government programs are always abused because the government sucks at checks and balances.  But to bag in the program outright is pure political hackery on your part.  It was needed and saves a ton of businesses. 

And nice dodge about the tax brackets.  You were 100% wrong when you said the changes in the tax brackets benefited the wealthy the most.  Seeing I pointed that out can you put your big boy pants on and admit you were wrong?

No one discussing taking away your SS except for Mike Lee, Rick Scott and republicans in Congress.

And when the GQP shuts down the government due to the debt limit what will they do w SS?

Im gonna laugh my a$$ off AT YOU when it happens. You just wait.

Regarding PPP - back up those stats - go do some busy work Jimmy. And while you’re finding out how many jobs were saved - look into how much of the PPP the Trump administration conveniently lost track of…

And yes - the Trump tax scam benefited the rich - ie. not you.

1 minute ago, BillStime said:

No one discussing taking away your SS except for Mike Lee, Rick Scott and republicans in Congress.

And when the GQP shuts down the government due to the debt limit what will they do w SS?

Im gonna laugh my a$$ off AT YOU when it happens. You just wait.

Regarding PPP - back up those stats - go do some busy work Jimmy. And while you’re finding out how many jobs were saved - look into how much of the PPP the Trump administration conveniently lost track of…

And yes - the Trump tax scam benefited the rich - ie. not you.

Only a small person can’t admit when they were wrong.  Admit it…you were wrong about the tax brackets.  Be a man. 

There are plenty of resources that show the amount of the PPP loans but let’s go with that Uber right leaning NPR. 

https://www.npr.org/2022/10/12/1128207464/ppp-loans-loan-forgiveness-small-business

As COVID-19 shutdowns threatened businesses back in 2020, the U.S. government began issuing nearly $800 billion in potentially forgivable Paycheck Protection Program loans. The program was designed to help small businesses keep workers employed during the uncertain early days of the pandemic.

Now if you can show me a credible site that shows it was TRILLIONS I’ll admit I was wrong. Again the government lost track because the massive bureaucratic machine sucks with our money.  Left/Right/Center.  

Well I will not be losing my SS but even if I do not sure why you’ll laugh your ass off. I’ll be just fine. I have plenty to live off of without it.  And again no one is talking about taking it away.  As they have said “if it’s worth keeping Congress will find a way to keep it”.  And it’s worth keeping.  

And finally the Trump tax cuts benefited me.  

• Like (+1) 1

If you want to pay more in taxes, please do so. Or…if you want to give money to the good work of a cause, charity, or non profit you appreciate please to do so. But please stop demanding that OTHER people, who already pay more than you, pay more in taxes. It’s a ridiculous and petty position to take. I couldn’t care less what a billionaire is paying in taxes. It’s proven to have zero impact on the ability of the federal government to overspend whatever amount they take in. Once the government proves they can live within its means, then we can start the discussion of what other programs we need as a society and how much everyone is willing to chip in for them. Until that time…..STFU! (Sorry)

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

If you want to pay more in taxes, please do so. Or…if you want to give money to the good work of a cause, charity, or non profit you appreciate please to do so. But please stop demanding that OTHER people, who already pay more than you, pay more in taxes. It’s a ridiculous and petty position to take. I couldn’t care less what a billionaire is paying in taxes. It’s proven to have zero impact on the ability of the federal government to overspend whatever amount they take in. Once the government proves they can live within its means, then we can start the discussion of what other programs we need as a society and how much everyone is willing to chip in for them. Until that time…..STFU! (Sorry)

Here’s the crazy thing.  People making good money already pay a shitload in taxes.   If you live in CA and are a single filer and make $500,000 which is good money but not Uber wealthy you pay between Fed/State/Payroll your total income taxes are 48%.  Can someone explain why/how this is a good thing.  

12 minutes ago, Doc said:

Twitter was supposed to be the playground for the left. Elon took their sandbox away. 

Twitter is not OUR social media.  

4 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Here’s the crazy thing.  People making good money already pay a shitload in taxes.   If you live in CA and are a single filer and make $500,000 which is good money but not Uber wealthy you pay between Fed/State/Payroll your total income taxes are 48%.  Can someone explain why/how this is a good thing.  

People can argue all day long about how much is the ‘right’ amount. But…what other people pay in taxes has virtually zero impact on your life. It’s just divisive rhetoric meant to pit one group against another. Which is of course the ultimate goal of the Left. 

• Like (+1) 1

• 1 month later...
9 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

So we endured years of yapping about Trump’s tax returns for THIS? You’ve got to be kidding….right? 

We all knew it was a nothing burger.  It’s pretty much impossible for someone of that stature to cheat on his taxes. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Chef Jim said:

We all knew it was a nothing burger.  It’s pretty much impossible for someone of that stature to cheat on his taxes. 

Of course they knew this. What they wanted to capitalize on was the volatility  in the returns of a Real Estate Developer. (I’ve worked with many.) 

• Like (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Of course they knew this. What they wanted to capitalize on was the volatility  in the returns of a Real Estate Developer. (I’ve worked with many.) 

The volatility in any risky investors.  I remember day traders after the tech bubble burst losing hundred of thousands if not millions of dollars and still owing hundreds of thousands in cap gains taxes. 

• Shocked 1

Just now, Chef Jim said:

The volatility in any risky investors.  I remember day traders after the tech bubble burst losing hundred of thousands if not millions of dollars and still owing hundreds of thousands in cap gains taxes. 

People drive by literally hundreds of ‘For Lease’ signs on a daily basis and never stop to think that somebody is footing the monthly bill for that empty space. They just drive by. 

9 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

People drive by literally hundreds of ‘For Lease’ signs on a daily basis and never stop to think that somebody is footing the monthly bill for that empty space. They just drive by. 

Yup that’s the risk.  We Airbnb’s our house for about a year before we retired to it.  Made great money.  It’s all about marketing.