TRUMP and the GQP is coming for your Social Security, Medicare and VA Healthcare

Forget the politics.

Medicare is a mathematically guaranteed system bound to failure.

Fix it or forget it, but don't deny the math.

That, by the way, is an apolitical view.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Tommy Callahan said:

She's right.  People are living much longer these days compared to when Social Security and Medicare were created. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Doc said:

She's right.  People are living much longer these days compared to when Social Security and Medicare were created. 

Then they can give me back what I paid in now. Not when im on my death bed.

Male age expectancy isn't really rising like it used to.  in fact, it's been dropping.

(cdc.gov)https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/pressroom/nchs_press_releases/2022/20220831.htm

4 hours ago, AlBUNDY4TDS said:

Another left leaning source. Probably holds up........................

I love hearing about the "plans" they have allegedly concocted.  It's comedy gold!

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, BillStime said:

Don’t you love how the cult constantly votes against their best interest?

Most of them can’t survive without their Social Security… 

You understand that there is a cap on benefits, right?  

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

Do you get that the fund is running out of money?  How do you propose to fix it?

Raise the cap on taxable earnings and reduce the benefits for high-income earners.

• Eyeroll 1

25 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

Do you get that the fund is running out of money?  How do you propose to fix it?

and it replies with this gem?

5 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Raise the cap on taxable earnings and reduce the benefits for high-income earners

And another reason anyone outside the leach class is running from Blue.

IE, just steal from the high earners.

ironic as it claims to be one of them. 

(just like the rest that somehow follow the same exact script)

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

leach class

T asked for a solution - I provided one - you did not, of course because you are so preconditioned the millionaires for billionaire class adore idiots like you. 

Just now, Tommy Callahan said:

The funny part is how on other threads it claims to be one of them he wants to take from

I care about people who need it. 

You care about people who want you sick and expired.

1 minute ago, Tommy Callahan said:

What, the amount where the percentage stops rising, or the maximum amount of SS payments?

I will repeat this for you - read it slowly and sound it out - raise the cap on taxable earnings and reduce the benefits for high-income earners.

What’s your solution? 

• Disagree 1

4 hours ago, BillStime said:

Raise the cap on taxable earnings and reduce the benefits for high-income earners.

Actual dialog, nice! 

Do you think that your solution is fair to the high income earners? Pay more in than everyone and be rewarded by getting less?

2 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

Actual dialog, nice! 

Do you think that your solution is fair to the high income earners? Pay more in than everyone and be rewarded by getting less?

Do you care?

1 hour ago, Tenhigh said:

Actual dialog, nice! 

Dems had full control of Government when Joke took over.  Why didn't they do this stuff then?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillStime said:

Do you care?

Yes, that's why I asked.  Now why are LIBERALS SO AFRAID to answer that question?!?!?!

Sorry, but in my defense you kind of set me up for that one...

8 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

Yes, that's why I asked.  Now why are LIBERALS SO AFRAID to answer that question?!?!?!

Sorry, but in my defense you kind of set me up for that one...

lmao - teachers can only deduct $250 for school supplies while the rich can get a tax deduction for the entire cost of a private jet.

The system benefits the rich and that’s why your keepers have you trained to respect millionaires for billionaires.

Edited by BillStime

2 hours ago, BillStime said:

lmao - teachers can only deduct $250 for school supplies while the rich can get a tax deduction for the entire cost of a private jet.

The system benefits the rich and that’s why your keepers have you trained to respect millionaires for billionaires.

To be clear, you can't just admit I am right about social security, so you try a little whataboutism on taxes? 

If you want to argue fairness of taxes, let's start a new thread.  You may not love the results, but I am always happy to have rational discussions, sometimes even when I am the only one being rational. 

Edited by Tenhigh

30 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

To be clear, you can't just admit I am right about social security, so you try a little whataboutism on taxes? 

If you want to argue fairness of taxes, let's start a new thread.  You may not love the results, but I am always happy to have rational discussions, sometimes even when I am the only one being rational. 

Oh JC - I don’t care if rich people have to pay a little more to help sustain those less fortunate. They have been paying less and less and less and leverage every loophole - something the rest of us have not been able to do. 

Heck - minimum wage hasn't changed in 15 years. 

3 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Oh JC - I don’t care if rich people have to pay a little more to help sustain those less fortunate. They have been paying less and less and less and leverage every loophole - something the rest of us have not been able to do. 

Heck - minimum wage hasn't changed in 15 years. 

Seriously, why don't you personally pay a little extra in taxes? It'll help sustain those less fortunate, and there is nothing preventing you from doing so. 

The rich are paying plenty.  

Just now, Tenhigh said:

Seriously, why don't you personally pay a little extra in taxes? It'll help sustain those less fortunate, and there is nothing preventing you from doing so. 

The rich are paying plenty.  

I donate a lot of my income to non profits who support less fortunate.

Now - all you have done is attack me and my proposal.

You don’t have to like my solution but I provided one.

You and @Tommy Callahan - have yet to provide a solution.

What should be done?