New OT rule is approved for postseason

YoloinOhio

18 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

#1 defense in the NFL with a lead and 13 seconds on the clock - should not need a rule change to close that out.

Sorry to be that guy (but you all expect it from me anyhow so...)

Hey I'm that guy too! 

No one cared until the Bills choked twice in the end of one game...forced out of the playoffs for the second time in a row by the same teams.

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

That would be the definition of the word "still".

The Bills "still" could have won in OT if the D put up even a small amount of fight.  

• Agree 1

52 minutes ago, FireChans said:

You would almost certainly never onside kick in that scenario. Higher chance for a tipped pick, fumble or just a turnover on downs driving 80 yards.

And if you don’t, you still need to score twice to win. 

Nope. Recover your onside lick, shake hands with the losers.

12 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Nope. Recover your onside lick, shake hands with the losers.

In 2018-2019, under the new rules, there have been 79 onside kicks and the kicking team has recovered 5 of them, or 6 percent.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/11/03/onside-kick-success-dropped-from-21-percent-to-6-percent-after-new-rule/

No. 

KC only scores on <50% of their drives.

Those are horrible odds. Don't go to Vegas

Edited by FireChans

55 minutes ago, FireChans said:

In 2018-2019, under the new rules, there have been 79 onside kicks and the kicking team has recovered 5 of them, or 6 percent.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/11/03/onside-kick-success-dropped-from-21-percent-to-6-percent-after-new-rule/

No. 

KC only scores on <50% of their drives.

Those are horrible odds. Don't go to Vegas

Did I mention anywhere the Kansas City Chiefs? No. You have Issues, son.

If you say ‘don’t go to Vegas’, I’m calling my travel agent. Should give you some idea of the respect you’ve earned with your opinions..🤦‍♂️

This is interesting.  Like the college rules better.  But this solves the problem.   

the variable I still don’t know is - in the event or a tie after 1st OT - who gets the ball first?  Is there another coin flip?

if not - then i think what you will see is Teams taking defense first.  First team tries for a Touchdown and hopes for 2nd OT.   Second team tries for 2 to win it knowing they will lose in second OT.

but it there is another coin toss - then I think it’s wide open.  

4 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Did I mention anywhere the Kansas City Chiefs? No. You have Issues, son.

If you say ‘don’t go to Vegas’, I’m calling my travel agent. Should give you some idea of the respect you’ve earned with your opinions..🤦‍♂️

They were the #2 offense in the NFL. And their odds of "scoring" on a particular drive were less than 50% 😆

I bet you hit on 18 in blackjack.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.