I prefer rotten tomatoes thrown at me over rotten eggs

Draconator

My band Boomerang! was just confirmed to play Wingfest at Highmark Stadium this year (Labor Day Weekend). We'll be playing on Saturday, like all day! From what I understand, we're the first band in the history of Wingfest to be featured as an all day band! 

Details to follow (like ad design, etc). 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Old news (Posted at 12:25 AM, Jun 30, 2021 and last updated 10:08 AM, Jun 30, 2021) about change in location 

https://www.wkbw.com/news/local-news/buffalo-wing-fest-moves-to-highmark-stadium-for-20th-anniversary

but seems verified on https://buffalowing.com/

2022 NATIONAL
BUFFALO WING FESTIVAL

Labor Day Weekend – Buffalo, NY

Saturday, Sept. 3rd – 12pm to 9pm
Sunday,   Sept. 4th – 12pm to 7pm

So why does wkbw story say "this year" last year.

Personally I think it would be a good place for Paul McCartney to start a Wings band reunion.

13 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

I’m outside with my sunglasses on so it was hard to read.  I thought it said the first all GAY band……not that there’s anything wrong with that. 

I think there's already a Rolling Stones thread somewhere.

• Haha (+1) 1

I’m outside with my sunglasses on so it was hard to read.  I thought it said the first all GAY band……not that there’s anything wrong with that. 

There was a time when you did not need to add that qualifier before that word meaning was coopted. 

We could dress up as The Village People. (Not that there's anything wrong with that). 

1 hour ago, Draconator said:

We could dress up as The Village People. (Not that there's anything wrong with that). 

A band I was in long ago began our second set (Halloween gig) dressed as the Village People and we played the whole set dressed as such.  People LOVED it.  We had a white sheet hung up across the entire stage (like a curtain) and had it backlit once we began playing (a recording ... we did not play any Village People songs) "YMCA," so people could see our silhouettes.  Then we dropped the "curtain," and did some lip-synching/performing as the Village People while the crowd went nuts and started dancing.

Just food for thought.  It went over really well and it was fun as hell.

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Gugny said:

A band I was in long ago began our second set (Halloween gig) dressed as the Village People and we played the whole set dressed as such.  People LOVED it.  We had a white sheet hung up across the entire stage (like a curtain) and had it backlit once we began playing (a recording ... we did not play any Village People songs) "YMCA," so people could see our silhouettes.  Then we dropped the "curtain," and did some lip-synching/performing as the Village People while the crowd went nuts and started dancing.

Just food for thought.  It went over really well and it was fun as hell.

That does sound like a blast! Thing is there's Nerds Gone Wild here in Buffalo, that has a "act". We decided we wouldn't do anything like that. But maybe on a one-off thing it would be a riot!

2 minutes ago, Draconator said:

That does sound like a blast! Thing is there's Nerds Gone Wild here in Buffalo, that has a "act". We decided we wouldn't do anything like that. But maybe on a one-off thing it would be a riot!

Yeah, it was definitely not something we did on the regular .. in fact, that was a one-time thing.  We would occasionally do other staged things, but small stuff.  Whenever we did "One Way of Another" I used to wear a blonde wig that was actually a "Something About Mary" wig, with the sticky hair in front.  Little crap like that.  People dug it.  As you know, the more fun it looks like you're having, the more fun they have ... then you see them having fun and it's better for you. Great stuff!  I miss it.  Good luck!

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 3/25/2022 at 12:42 PM, Gugny said:

Yeah, it was definitely not something we did on the regular .. in fact, that was a one-time thing.  We would occasionally do other staged things, but small stuff.  Whenever we did "One Way of Another" I used to wear a blonde wig that was actually a "Something About Mary" wig, with the sticky hair in front.  Little crap like that.  People dug it.  As you know, the more fun it looks like you're having, the more fun they have ... then you see them having fun and it's better for you. Great stuff!  I miss it.  Good luck!

Between this and your YMCA performances, is there something you need to share? (Not that there is anything wrong with that)

4 hours ago, Guffalo said:

Between this and your YMCA performances, is there something you need to share? (Not that there is anything wrong with that)

I'll tell you (maybe show you) at the home opener!

On 3/25/2022 at 12:42 PM, Gugny said:

New York Dolls come to mind here...  keep on rocking in the free world.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.