Nothing on Day 1, yet….but plenty of free agents remain - UPDATE : BEAN WORKING LATE & KILLING IT !

Desert Bills Fan

13 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

And yet we've made the playoffs two of the three years we've had Beane. He and McDermott get the most of the talent we add and do so without killing our cap. I mean the Feliciano and Williams contract shows he has foresight if they weren't good enough he could cut them and minimize cap ramifications.

If I wanted to make the playoffs and then fold, I’d hire Marvin Lewis. I want to win super bowl SSS. While Beane and crew have done a great job of turning over the roster and getting us into the playoffs, they have to be better and get us the championship. 

Just now, John from Riverside said:

This is simply not true....I suggest a little more research

His time in Dallas was ok, and then he came to the Bills and played better. Simply because Allen is a great QB. Beasley went out and our offensive production stayed the same. A players when they come off the field make the offensive or defensive production to decrease. We saw that with White’s injury. White is a grade A player. We did not miss Beasley when he wasn’t playing. 

We beat KC with White and we lost to KC without White. It’s not a coincidence that our defense was able to stop Mahomes the first time around. 

2 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

His time in Dallas was ok, and then he came to the Bills and played better. Simply because Allen is a great QB. Beasley went out and our offensive production stayed the same. A players when they come off the field make the offensive or defensive production to decrease. We saw that with White’s injury. White is a grade A player. We did not miss Beasley when he wasn’t playing. 

We beat KC with White and we lost to KC without White. It’s not a coincidence that our defense was able to stop Mahomes the first time around. 

Did you ever stop to think that some of these players going today that you think are A's when they are really B's?

Free agents are almost NEVER as good to the team they go to as the team they came from....its a fact.  They get their bag and peter out

1 minute ago, Putin said:

I don’t expect anything anymore but maybe few names none of us even heard of 

I said at the very beginning of this that I expect status quo.

- We dont have cap space

- We have a almost completely filled out roster (on a top 5 NFL team)

- Beane has NEVER shown himself to be a guy to go on spending sprees on name free agents

- Its worked well so far

3 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

People forgotten how many crucial 3rd down catches Beasley has made to keep our offense moving, but it’s ok I’M SURE McKenzie can do just that 

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

Did you ever stop to think that some of these players going today that you think are A's when they are really B's?

Free agents are almost NEVER as good to the team they go to as the team they came from....its a fact.  They get their bag and peter out

I agree, generally FA are never as good for the money they get. I’m not necessarily mad at Beane’s lack of FA pick ups as I am about his ability to find ways to bring more top end talent to our team either via trades or drafting. We still lack a star RB, who we need to give our team more options. If we had a Jonathan Taylor, our team would be nearly unstoppable. It’s not a coincidence that Kelly and Thurman took us to multiple Super Bowls. We need that kind of RB that can just flat out dominate. 

1 minute ago, IronMaidenBills said:

We have seemed to miss on 1st and 2nd round players. We can’t do that and expect to win the super bowl. AJ Epenesa disappointed last year and Ford has been an utter failure. 

Well its a good thing that Beane appears to have gotten the overall draft right or else we wouldnt be a top 5 NFL team right?

You know the

- Franchise QB (like 90 percent of the battle)

- 1st round picks are panning out

- Later round picks are panning out

1 minute ago, Putin said:

People forgotten how many crucial 3rd down catches Beasley has made to keep our offense moving, but it’s ok I’M SURE McKenzie can do just that 

He did make many crucial 3rd down catches for us, but when he wasn’t in the game, our offensive production didn’t decline. A players when they leave the team for whatever reason cause a decrease in production. We saw that with White. McKenzie is more than capable of filling in for Beasley. 

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I said at the very beginning of this that I expect status quo.

- We dont have cap space

- We have a almost completely filled out roster (on a top 5 NFL team)

- Beane has NEVER shown himself to be a guy to go on spending sprees on name free agents

- Its worked well so far

Yes it worked out well for the Rams  , oh I’m sorry we’re talking about Bills , 

I agree, generally FA are never as good for the money they get. I’m not necessarily mad at Beane’s lack of FA pick ups as I am about his ability to find ways to bring more top end talent to our team either via trades or drafting. We still lack a star RB, who we need to give our team more options. If we had a Jonathan Taylor, our team would be nearly unstoppable. It’s not a coincidence that Kelly and Thurman took us to multiple Super Bowls. We need that kind of RB that can just flat out dominate. 

Explain how this is a thing to a team that barely runs the ball?

Honestly Iron I think you just like shiny new toys

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Desert Bills Fan said:

Not a single signing today. Man did not see that coming. Was getting bummed out.

I thought it was interesting the “rumors” on the big names, but realistically expected a couple more modest signings - like those earlier this week would be coming…

Then I checked the latest still available:

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-100-best-available-2022-free-agents

And there are still plenty to be excited about 😉

WR: Robinson, Patterson, Ju Ju , Valdez-Scantling & Landry

LB: Wagner & Barr

Edge: Ingram & Hughes

QB: Winston & Mariota

RB: Fournette

CB: Donte Jackson , Alford & Jenkins

You excited about any of these?

We signed some good players. 

People had very unrealistic expectations prior to the start of FA like this was a Madden football game.  

Just now, John from Riverside said:

Explain how this is a thing to a team that barely runs the ball?

Honestly Iron I think you just like shiny new toys

We barely run the ball because we have been unable to sustain any kind of balance. It’s been the Josh Allen show. But that is dangerous for Josh’s long term stability in the league. Josh Allen is going to be good no matter what, but we need multiple strategies to beat teams any way any given Sunday. Imagine if a team is forced to stack the box against us because we have a Jonathan Taylor type, Allen would absolutely feast. If they don’t stack the box, we just eat large chunks of yardage or check down them to death with a back who can also catch well. One of the reasons why I want Breece Hall so badly. The guy can catch just as well as McKissic but is a better runner. 

56 minutes ago, GolfandBills said:

Let’s just restructure everyone’s contracts so we can be 90 million over the cap in a couple years just so we can sign an A rated free agent.  That’s solid management 

Solid management is improving the roster.  Doesn't matter so much about the cap, since it can constantly be manipulated and tweaked every year.  We have an amazing QB with a very good offense around him.  Our defense is so so regardless of the ranking from last year.  (We folded against every good offense we played)  It needs to be better.  Beane needs to bring in some difference makers on defense, whether its Free Agency, trade or the draft.  

We barely run the ball because we have been unable to sustain any kind of balance. It’s been the Josh Allen show. But that is dangerous for Josh’s long term stability in the league. Josh Allen is going to be good no matter what, but we need multiple strategies to beat teams any way any given Sunday. Imagine if a team is forced to stack the box against us because we have a Jonathan Taylor type, Allen would absolutely feast. If they don’t stack the box, we just eat large chunks of yardage or check down them to death with a back who can also catch well. One of the reasons why I want Breece Hall so badly. The guy can catch just as well as McKissic but is a better runner. 

Taking a RB that high is just stupid

22 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Cole Beasley is not an A player, he is a B player. Beasley was nothing before Allen made him a 1st team all pro  

Fixed that for ya.  I don’t view him as all pro….but that’s how good josh was 🤣 

22 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Cole Beasley is not an A player, he is a B player. Beasley was nothing before Allen made him a 1st team all pro  

Fixed that for ya.  I don’t view him as all pro….but that’s how good josh was 🤣 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.