Nothing on Day 1, yet….but plenty of free agents remain - UPDATE : BEAN WORKING LATE & KILLING IT !

Desert Bills Fan

On 3/17/2022 at 4:08 AM, Alphadawg7 said:

Huh?  No disrespect, but I am stunned by this statement.

2017 - Tre White, Dion Dawkins, and Zay Jones

2018 - Josh Allen, Edmunds

2019 - Ed Oliver and Cody Ford

2020 - Diggs and AJE

2021 - Groot and Basham

In 5 drafts, 4 of them with Beane and one just McD we have used 11 picks in first 2 rounds to draft or trade (Diggs) for a player.  Of those 11 players, we have only officially "missed" on 2 as of now...Zay and Ford (he could bounce back under Kromer, but hes a miss as of now).  AJE, Groot, and Basham are still up in the air, this will be the year to know what we got in them, they are also the 3 newest to the NFL and team.  

Of the 11, we have an MVP level QB, a first team all pro CB, a multiple pro bowl MLB, a pro bowl LT, an emerging DT who just had his best season, and a beast WR who is top 3 in the NFL.  

So how do we seem to miss with our 1st and 2nd rounders?  I mean I see other people say this, and its like they only remember the one or two that didnt work out, and forget about the entire heart and soul of this team that was drafted in those first 2 rounds.

I bet you would have a really hard time finding another GM with that kind of track record over the last 5 years.  

Blue chip players so far in that list are Allen, White and Diggs.   We need a blue chip player at the DE position!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.