Kareem Hunt: Cut candidate. Possible 2022 Bill?

filthymcnasty08

On 2/27/2022 at 5:48 PM, Paul Costa said:

Pretty sure the Bills were actively recruiting Antonio Brown a couple years ago? So your saying Kim was OK with AB. 😂

That was before the clown act and off the field baggage truly began and the Bills were obviously fortunate he chose the Raiders instead.

7 hours ago, filthymcnasty08 said:

LOL...no I don't have that right at hand, and I am not sure what you're trying to prove, but you are free to google that yourself.  Talking about RB here.  Off the top of my head, at RB last 3 SB's:

Akers:  2nd Rd.

Sony M:  1st. Rd (Trade)

Mixon:  2nd Rd.

Fournette:  1st Rd. (FA Pickup)

CEH:  1st. Round

Shady:  2nd Round (FA pickup)

Niners Committee Backfield:  several undrafted, Coleman Rd 3 

Nevertheless, I appreciate your proving my point that leaving your RB situation 100% to mid round draft picks carries a low success rate.   A proven NFL commodity, who can elevate their game in our offense, at a reasonable price is one way to offset that.  

I would ask you if you think our backfield is SB caliber in its current form and, if not, what would your strategy be to improve on it?  We're not going RB in rd's 1 or 2 so, is it enough to try to hit the lottery in round 3+ or should we look to get a proven guy in the mix?  

Not what I asked, but you forgot a couple.. 

Damien Williams

Raheem Mostert

Also, Shady didn't play in the Superbowl or even the playoffs for the Chiefs. Sony Michele got 2 carries in the Superbowl for 2 yards so if we're counting every back that got any carries in the Superbowl.. well, ok then. I guess we're counting Darrell Henderson Jr. and Samaje Perine too. 

So we have 'six' leading rushers out of the last 3 Superbowls.

Rams / Bengals:

Akers (52 - 2nd) / Mixon (48 - 2nd)

Chiefs / Buccaneers:

Edwards-Helaire (32 - 1st) / Fournette (4 - 1st)

Chiefs / 49ers

Damien Williams (Undrafted) / Mostert (undrafted)

You actually had an argument without trying to 'stack the deck'. 4 of the six leading rushers in the last 3 Superbowls had leading rushers that were selected with high round draft picks. 

Of course, nothing is black and white. I'm not sure how much you count a leading rusher with 21 yards in the Superbowl and averaging with less than 50 yards a game throughout the playoffs as a good argument to spend a high pick on a RB or that the Bucs didn't spend any draft capital at all on Fournette (and literally, no one offered a 7th round pick for him). 

So we're currently 3/6 used less than a 3rd round of draft capital for the team in the Superbowl.. and we have a pretty good argument that only 2 of those produced at a level that would have been worthwhile and possibly not able to be replaced with a back from ~30 picks later. 

So if we say 50%, there may still be an argument for your case, but I'd say we'd have to look at other capital spent to really make a case that you're more likely to win a Superbowl with a 1st or 2nd round RB over a later round, FA or undrafted RB. Did those teams invest in other places? 

19 hours ago, Malazan said:

Not what I asked, but you forgot a couple.. 

Damien Williams

Raheem Mostert

Also, Shady didn't play in the Superbowl or even the playoffs for the Chiefs. Sony Michele got 2 carries in the Superbowl for 2 yards so if we're counting every back that got any carries in the Superbowl.. well, ok then. I guess we're counting Darrell Henderson Jr. and Samaje Perine too. 

So we have 'six' leading rushers out of the last 3 Superbowls.

Rams / Bengals:

Akers (52 - 2nd) / Mixon (48 - 2nd)

Chiefs / Buccaneers:

Edwards-Helaire (32 - 1st) / Fournette (4 - 1st)

Chiefs / 49ers

Damien Williams (Undrafted) / Mostert (undrafted)

You actually had an argument without trying to 'stack the deck'. 4 of the six leading rushers in the last 3 Superbowls had leading rushers that were selected with high round draft picks. 

Of course, nothing is black and white. I'm not sure how much you count a leading rusher with 21 yards in the Superbowl and averaging with less than 50 yards a game throughout the playoffs as a good argument to spend a high pick on a RB or that the Bucs didn't spend any draft capital at all on Fournette (and literally, no one offered a 7th round pick for him). 

So we're currently 3/6 used less than a 3rd round of draft capital for the team in the Superbowl.. and we have a pretty good argument that only 2 of those produced at a level that would have been worthwhile and possibly not able to be replaced with a back from ~30 picks later. 

So if we say 50%, there may still be an argument for your case, but I'd say we'd have to look at other capital spent to really make a case that you're more likely to win a Superbowl with a 1st or 2nd round RB over a later round, FA or undrafted RB. Did those teams invest in other places? 

My argument was never that we had to spend a high draft pick on RB, it was more around improving our running game consisting of 2 3rd rounders that, IMHO, are not our solution for 2022:  a year which we all believe we should go to the SB.  And because our RB's have not developed as such, we are in need at the position with a "win now" supporting roster.  Everyone agrees for the most part that we need to address RB.

One of the ways to address this without taking the gamble with another day 2 guy is to bring in a proven guy.  Like the title says:  Kareem Hunt is a cut candidate.  I am also  in favor of Saquan Barkley.

Stay within those thoughts if you want to keep arguing, but none of your other statements include solutions for the Bills current situation.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.