Kareem Hunt: Cut candidate. Possible 2022 Bill?

filthymcnasty08

23 hours ago, Rigotz said:

This is the guy you want? 

https://www.tmz.com/videos/0-exjrtvg5/

"Never charged with a crime" ... come on. If you're fine with compromising on character, at least admit it.

The incident was immediately reported to the police, who declined to arrest Hunt or charge him with a crime, despite the victim’s request that they do so.  You should consider the possibility that there was more to the story than your 10-second video clip…

Edited by mannc
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Hunt would be the best RB the Bills have had on their roster in a very long time.  Great runner and weapon in the passing game.  I doubt Cleveland moves on from him this off-season though.

Agreed.  I think the Cle management is aware their OL is elite and when D'ernest had the opportunity in Hunt's absence, he flashed.  They can get away with a "downgrade" here and still get the production while reducing their cap number.  You could be right though, he is under contract w/o guaranteed $.

3 minutes ago, filthymcnasty08 said:

Agreed.  I think the Cle management is aware their OL is elite and when D'ernest had the opportunity in Hunt's absence, he flashed.  They can get away with a "downgrade" here and still get the production while reducing their cap number.  You could be right though, he is under contract w/o guaranteed $.

He did only play in 8 games last season.  2021 was definitely a down year for him so it is possible that they move on from him.  I didn’t mean to sound so definitive.  I just don’t think him getting cut loose is a slam dunk. 

27 minutes ago, mannc said:

The incident was immediately reported to the police, who declined to arrest Hunt or charge him with a crime, despite the victim’s request that they do so.  You should consider the possibility that there was more to the story than your 10-second video clip…or you could just continue to virtue-signal.

If you think it's ok to attack women under any circumstance, then I got nothin for ya bud.

I don't really care what the police said. Call it virtue signaling if you want, but a guy rushing toward a woman and kicking her in the head is not my cup of tea. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, TBBills said:

I can guarantee you it has happened to way more people then you think. Humans drink and smoke and things happen.

Hell I saw a story of an Amish guy getting a DUI on horse and buggy. ***** happens all the time to many people.

Exactly, didn’t realize I was talking to the second coming of Christ on this board. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I have always believed that character matters, but I've also believed that character can change.  Given Hunt's past, I would be exceedingly careful to check Hunt's off field behavior since the incident on video.  I'd want to see not just a clean record, but evidence that he has acted in a way that reflects positive, healty relationships with women.  Lacking that, I would pass.

30 minutes ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

They were all in on Antonio brown, apparently you don’t remember, or it doesn’t fit your narrative. 

it’s not my “narrative.” I just haven’t seen any evidence of them taking risks on character. You are right— nearly trading for AB may have been the one lone exception. But, if anything, that near miss has probably made them more risk averse. 

i don’t get why you think I am pushing a narrative. Whatever your opinions or my opinions are of this issue, my point is that there is no evidence of the current FO taking risks on character. There are no guys on this team with character red flags (esp since the Bills own investigation cleared Dodson— the one guy).

• filthymcnasty08 changed the title to Kareem Hunt: Cut candidate. Possible 2022 Bill?
21 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

Did I miss something?  Was there more that happened?

Domestic violence has been mentioned in this thread.  Particularly how some can't bring themselves to support such behavior when they have and do.  It's totally relevant.  Keep that same energy. 

Yeah, you missed something.

22 hours ago, Warcodered said:

I mean I don't really like that situation at all but "brutalized and kicked" is an awfully exaggerated way to refer to what happened in that video.

Agreed.  To be fair, Hunt being cut was said to be  based on more than that one incident (there was an incident where he punched another guest at a Put-in Bay resort in June), and also on Hunt not telling the truth about the Feb. incident (he and his friends said he never came out of the room, which the video clearly contradicts)

1 hour ago, Another Fan said:

So I guess everyone really disliked Shady McCoy then 

After his various incidents, there were a substantial (and outspoken) group here who thought he should be cut immediately.

22 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Whatever anyone’s own opinions, does anyone genuinely believe the Bills would actually sign him, based on the team’s focus on character?  There is a zero percent chance.

It was reported (including by a guy who had some inside gouge) that the Bills were interested in Hunt before Cleveland signed him in Feb of 2019.  Apparently the Bills were still doing some "due diligence" and talking to people while Cleveland pulled up with a pen and a contract.  Doesn't sound like a 0 percent chance.

I think the Bills are interested in character, but they are also interested in making their own determination on that point (they signed Tyrell Dodson and kept him after he was arrested for domestic violence and then suspended for 6 games)

https://buffalonews.com/sports/bills/bills-rookie-lb-tyrel-dodson-arrested-for-domestic-violence/article_55dce20e-3124-5ef4-b03c-710624279a2f.html

https://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory/nfl-suspends-bills-tyrel-dodson-games-domestic-abuse-65593699

It doesn't sound like a pretty story

https://www.tmz.com/2019/05/30/tyrel-dodson-domestic-violence-buffalo-bills-nfl/

But it also sounds like something a guy could learn, grow, and move on from.  I don't see why the Bills might not make the same conclusion about Hunt, if they believe he's stopped punching guys at resorts and kicking women in hotel hallways.

19 hours ago, Sierra Foothills said:

Your oversimplification ignores the full range of reasons why people might be against adding Kareem Hunt. I'm sure there are many here like me who believe that this team is good enough to win a Super Bowl as is and doesn't have to compromise character to attain their goals. There are also those who feel this team can improve by adding excellent and law-abiding players.

Having gangsters and thugs on the team is not and never has been a prerequisite to winning championships. Plenty of championships have been won by teams with "pillars of the community" on the roster.

Let me ask you this. If we would win a Superbowl with Hunt on the roster would that win mean any less to you?

Edited by RaoulDuke79

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.