Kareem Hunt: Cut candidate. Possible 2022 Bill?

filthymcnasty08

13 minutes ago, Sierra Foothills said:

Don't forget D'Onta Foreman. He would a really nice piece, probably inexpensive and we could use him like Green Bay uses A.J. Dillon.

Your oversimplification ignores the full range of reasons why people might be against adding Kareem Hunt. I'm sure there are many here like me who believe that this team is good enough to win a Super Bowl as is and doesn't have to compromise character to attain their goals. There are also those who feel this team can improve by adding excellent and law-abiding players.

Having gangsters and thugs on the team is not and never has been a prerequisite to winning championships. Plenty of championships have been won by teams with "pillars of the community" on the roster.

You don’t know any of these players to say who is what.  You have no idea.  Because you don’t know about it doesn’t mean a player hasn’t been involved in something shady all the while you hold them up as a pillar of the community.  The other side of that is an otherwise decent person can do bad things; happens everyday.  Sometimes people need a chance at redemption.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

4 minutes ago, purple haze said:

You don’t know any of these players to say who is what.  You have no idea.  Because you don’t know about it doesn’t mean a player hasn’t been involved in something shady all the while you hold them up as a pillar of the community.  The other side of that is an otherwise decent person can do bad things; happens everyday.  Sometimes people need a chance at redemption.  

You're right. I don't know. Nor do you. None of us do.

In my profession I stringently try not to judge people and I try to base my opinion of people on my own dealings with that person.

My larger point is that it's not necessary to acquire players who've run afoul of the law in order to field a championship team.

It seems like there are a lot of people on this board who think/hope/wish that adding felons and badasses to the team will ensure a Super Bowl Championship.

There's a subtext in this thread that a team needs to have a felonic character or two in order to get over the hump.

It seems like it's born of a "win at all costs" desperation that I don't adhere to.

29 minutes ago, purple haze said:

If they thought Hunt would help them win they sure would.  Hunt’s incident was years ago.  He hasn’t been in trouble since.  People make mistakes.  He’s done well with his second chance.

That said, Bills need a speed element. Hunt doesn’t fit that profile.

what makes you think this? I have never seen this front office give someone a second chance. They don’t take risks on character. 

27 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

Hunt is being extremely overrated here. This conversation has been about the off field stuff, but he’s not a special player. His reputation was built entirely on his accomplishments in KC. Acquiring the baggage isn’t worth it. 

I disagree. Plus there is very little baggage. He made a mistake years ago and it was handled. He'll have to answer questions initially if traded to a new team, but not a distraction that would last.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

26 minutes ago, Sierra Foothills said:

You're right. I don't know. Nor do you. None of us do.

In my profession I stringently try not to judge people and I try to base my opinion of people on my own dealings with that person.

My larger point is that it's not necessary to acquire players who've run afoul of the law in order to field a championship team.

It seems like there are a lot of people on this board who think/hope/wish that adding felons and badasses to the team will ensure a Super Bowl Championship.

There's a subtext in this thread that a team needs to have a felonic character or two in order to get over the hump.

It seems like it's born of a "win at all costs" desperation that I don't adhere to.

Pretty sure Kareem Hunt was never arrested for any crime from this incident in Cleveland. Not sure he should be considered a felon. Don’t know what your profession is but if you jump to conclusions like this you must not be very good at your job. 

4 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

Do you still hold it against Jim or is all forgiven?

I've touched a nerve with some of you, it seems.  Good!

You still haven't explained what we should or should not be holding against Jim. 

It's less touching a nerve than playing for attention. Spit it out or stop wasting people's time.

6 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Without reading any responses, I would think the conversation would be about how he doesn't have the character to be a McBeane guy... and that's absolutely right.

Curious to what your basing your opinion on? Please explain his character flaws that make him someone the Bills wouldn’t bring into the program? 

6 hours ago, filthymcnasty08 said:

Heard this one today on a podcast:  Projected Hunt to the Bills

No guaranteed $ from the Browns, probable cut candidate.  D'ernest Johnson taking his spot. $5M estimated cost.

Great fit for this offense.  Not a big number for a guy that can start/handle 3 downs if need be.  Has shown ability to produce big in a 2 back timeshare as well.

We know what he can do on-field.  We know off-field was ugly a few years ago.  Has kept himself out of any further issues in Cle.  

Also projected Allen Robinson to Buffalo.  (God, and your salary cap team, are you listening?)

I know, typical off-season sh-t but, ARob dreams aside, the Hunt possibility is a very interesting one.

If I hold this one up against:

Fournette

Patterson

Chase Edmonds

M Gordon

R Penny

M Mack

James White

As interesting as Penny would be, I'd take Hunt if we could afford him.  Thoughts?

I'd be interested in Chase Edmonds

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Jpsredemption said:

The one high priced WR I don’t want at all is Robinson. I want speed and separation. I think he’s shown a poor attitude and he’s aging. Speed speed and more speed. 

Couple of points here.

1) Dont know why Bozo is saying ARob has a "poor attitude".  Thats crazy talk.  He's not a speed guy.  He's a guy who competes, and wins the ball.  Has over 1000 yds every year he's healthy.  Watch some film dude.

2) If that film is everything against Hunt....He's just a drunk dude acting out. If you kick all those guys off your team, you wont have a team. You want to see a criminal?  Watch Mixon cold #### some woman.  Thats a criminal.

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I disagree. Plus there is very little baggage. He made a mistake years ago and it was handled. He'll have to answer questions initially if traded to a new team, but not a distraction that would last.

I agree, it wouldn’t be much of a distraction. I reference “baggage” because it does exist. It doesn’t matter if the “mistake” was handled years ago, by definition baggage is always in the past. The current front office doesn’t typically go for players with such baggage. That’s where I find it to be relevant. Lastly, I can’t look a guy who rushed for 386 yards last year as the answer for our run game. I think Hunt love is the old “I know that guy” deal. There will be better, cheaper, younger running backs available imo. 

1 hour ago, Paul Costa said:

Pretty sure Kareem Hunt was never arrested for any crime from this incident in Cleveland. Not sure he should be considered a felon. Don’t know what your profession is but if you jump to conclusions like this you must not be very good at your job. 

I never said Kareem Hunt was a felon so I didn't jump to any conclusions. You've completely missed my "larger point" clarification. Please re-read.

I'm quite successful at what I do, both professionally and otherwise.

Just now, SirAndrew said:

I agree, it wouldn’t be much of a distraction. I reference “baggage” because it does exist. It doesn’t matter if the “mistake” was handled years ago, by definition baggage is always in the past. The current front office doesn’t typically go for players with such baggage. That’s where I find it to be relevant. Lastly, I can’t look a guy who rushed for 386 yards last year as the answer for our run game. I think Hunt love is the old “I know that guy” deal. There will be better, cheaper, younger running backs available imo. 

He's a talented RB. He can be a lead RB. I'm not sure there will be better. There will be cheaper for sure. 

That was an odd little kick by Hunt. I remember thinking that when I saw it years ago. Couldn’t understand why he did it because the intention behind it certainly wasn’t to injure or hurt the woman.
As for slapping her around, maybe I missed that part too. I did see him bulldoze some guy into her, which was the worst part of the video. Whether he did it intentionally or not, I have no idea. But when I hear “brutally beat” a woman, I think of Ray Rice, or that newest case, Zac Stacy. Those videos are disturbing, this one wasn’t close to that level. Hunt’s actions still weren’t cool, but it wasn’t quite what it was portrayed to be.

Edited by JayBaller10
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.