Harbaugh leaving Michigan (Update - nope)

YoloinOhio

Who can they get to replace him? They need to raise their standard big time. They should be capable of national recruiting, competing for top Ohio recruits, and should own the Detroit and surrounding area. Seems reasonable. Matt Campbell? They will call Fickell - would he??

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Haha (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Who can they get to replace him? They need to raise their standard big time. They should be capable of national recruiting, competing for top Ohio recruits, and should own the Detroit and surrounding area. Seems reasonable. Matt Campbell? They will call Fickell - would he??

Urban Meyer is available. He might spend long weekends in Columbus once in a while, but will mostly be focused on football.

• Haha (+1) 2

• YoloinOhio changed the title to Harbaugh leaving Michigan (Update - nope)
2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Are you glad he’s back or did you want Gattis/Hart/someone else? 

Yes, I am.

I like Harbaugh. Do I question some of his play calls? Yes. I also question some play calls that McDermott makes for the Bills.

Gattis or Hart could probably do a good job, but I'm just speculating.

To me, last season was no fluke. Michigan has talent on that team. Now they are really going to have a tough time replacing defensive players that they will lose, but I feel very good about the offense, especially if J.J. MCarthy wins the QB job, which he should.

You are right, their non-conference schedule is weak, which I do not like, and that will give them a boost before conference play. It's cheap, but that is not unique to Michigan. Also, in a couple of years they will be playing the likes of Texas & Oklahoma.

I'm sure Harbaugh would love to go back to the NFL, which again is not a unique position for a football coach to want to have. So, I'll just take whatever comes right now.

I remember Rich Rodriguez's time here, so yes, I'm happy with Harbaugh.

3 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

Yes, I am.

I like Harbaugh. Do I question some of his play calls? Yes. I also question some play calls that McDermott makes for the Bills.

Gattis or Hart could probably do a good job, but I'm just speculating.

To me, last season was no fluke. Michigan has talent on that team. Now they are really going to have a tough time replacing defensive players that they will lose, but I feel very good about the offense, especially if J.J. MCarthy wins the QB job, which he should.

You are right, their non-conference schedule is weak, which I do not like, and that will give them a boost before conference play. It's cheap, but that is not unique to Michigan. Also, in a couple of years they will be playing the likes of Texas & Oklahoma.

I'm sure Harbaugh would love to go back to the NFL, which again is not a unique position for a football coach to want to have. So, I'll just take whatever comes right now.

I remember Rich Rodriguez's time here, so yes, I'm happy with Harbaugh.

I’m glad he’s back too. But his heart is clearly in the NFL. He doesn’t want to be there, he’s stuck. I’m not sure the program is going to improve from here with him at the helm. They lost all that momentum they had after winning the Big Ten. It feels like he and Ward Manuel both want a divorce but are staying together for lack of options. Gattis and Hart deserve some kind of award for their recruiting through this. I just think Michigan fans who have supported this guy through all the years where he didn’t win anything, deserve better.

Edited by YoloinOhio

36 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’m glad he’s back too. But his heart is clearly in the NFL. He doesn’t want to be there, he’s stuck. I’m not sure the program is going to improve from here with him at the helm. They lost all that momentum they had after winning the Big Ten. It feels like he and Ward Manuel both want a divorce but are staying together for lack of options. Gattis and Hart deserve some kind of award for their recruiting through this. I just think Michigan fans who have supported this guy through all the years where he didn’t win anything, deserve better.

You could be right, he probably wants to go back to the NFL.

The 49'ers in their infinite wisdom, did not want to deal with Harbaugh because he wanted more power. So, they realized that they didn't need him anymore, because they knew they could get back to the Super Bowl anytime they wanted, because they had a team full of stars, especially at QB. What could go wrong?

I don't have the issues with him than most fans do. Yes, losing to Michigan State is maddening. Although that fluke win because the Punter dropped the ball is not on Harbaugh. Losing to Ohio State all the time is even worse, but that's how it goes.

Again, I remember the Rodriguez & Hoke tenures, although I thought Hoke tried his best, and Harbaugh has gotten Michigan to win more games against teams that they should beat.

Yes, I want the Wolverines to be in the playoffs every year and I want to win multiple National Championships. I still do not count 1997, because that was a split title and the coaches only gave it to Nebraska because they wanted to give Tom Osbourne a goodbye gift.

For now, I'm fine with Harbaugh staying. When he does leave, I don't think he will screw Michigan, he will have the right person ready to take over.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

You could be right, he probably wants to go back to the NFL.

The 49'ers in their infinite wisdom, did not want to deal with Harbaugh because he wanted more power. So, they realized that they didn't need him anymore, because they knew they could get back to the Super Bowl anytime they wanted, because they had a team full of stars, especially at QB. What could go wrong?

I don't have the issues with him than most fans do. Yes, losing to Michigan State is maddening. Although that fluke win because the Punter dropped the ball is not on Harbaugh. Losing to Ohio State all the time is even worse, but that's how it goes.

Again, I remember the Rodriguez & Hoke tenures, although I thought Hoke tried his best, and Harbaugh has gotten Michigan to win more games against teams that they should beat.

Yes, I want the Wolverines to be in the playoffs every year and I want to win multiple National Championships. I still do not count 1997, because that was a split title and the coaches only gave it to Nebraska because they wanted to give Tom Osbourne a goodbye gift.

For now, I'm fine with Harbaugh staying. When he does leave, I don't think he will screw Michigan, he will have the right person ready to take over.

I actually think he’s a decent Xs and Os coach. I’m glad he’s staying because the rivalry had juice again. He kicked Ohio state’s ass. He talked trash to Ryan Day. If he had left it would have taken something away from this years game. But it did feel like both parties were kind of ready to move on but can’t. Good luck except for The Game. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I actually think he’s a decent Xs and Os coach. I’m glad he’s staying because the rivalry had juice again. He kicked Ohio state’s ass. He talked trash to Ryan Day. If he had left it would have taken something away from this years game. But it did feel like both parties were kind of ready to move on but can’t. Good luck except for The Game. 

Classy post.

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Thanks, Vader is one of the good ones

that’s both coordinators gone. Feel like Miami is less than a lateral move here. 

The fallout from Harbaugh screwing Michigan and then happily returning continues.  Gattis was close to becoming the next head coach at Michigan and now he takes a lesser job ( same position ) at Miami.  Michigan screwed the pooch this off-season for sure.  *****.  Over It Maid GIF

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.