Remember John Elway's "The Drive"? Josh Allen did that and then some.

Beast

I remember thinking that Josh Allen had his own chance at immortality last night when he started deep in Buffalo territory and methodically started moving the Bills down the field, in an attempt to win a playoff game on the road in a very hostile atmosphere.

Allen not only succeeded one time by putting the Bills up 29-26, he got the ball back again, drove 70 something yards, and won the game twice in enemy territory! Simply amazing! Except for one little thing....his team lost.

What Allen did was twice as amazing as what Elway did in Cleveland in 1987.  Elway has "The Drive" and the glory that went with it. 35 years later it is still being talked about.

Will we (not me, I'll be dead) be talking in 2057 about the night Josh Allen willed his team down the field two times against the Chiefs at Arrowhead Stadium?

Maybe. Maybe not. One thing is for sure...if the Bills held that lead? They'd be talking about Josh Allen in the year 2157 and his night in KC 135 years earler.

It simply was that incredible.

Thank you, Josh.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Beast said:

I remember thinking that Josh Allen had his own chance at immortality last night when he started deep in Buffalo territory and methodically started moving the Bills down the field, in an attempt to win a playoff game on the road in a very hostile atmosphere.

Allen not only succeeded one time by putting the Bills up 29-26, he got the ball back again, drove 70 something yards, and won the game twice in enemy territory! Simply amazing! Except for one little thing....his team lost.

What Allen did was twice as amazing as what Elway did in Cleveland in 1987.  Elway has "The Drive" and the glory that went with it. 35 years later it is still being talked about.

Will we (not me, I'll be dead) be talking in 2057 about the night Josh Allen willed his team down the field two times against the Chiefs at Arrowhead Stadium?

Maybe. Maybe not. One thing is for sure...if the Bills held that lead? They'd be talking about Josh Allen in the year 2157 and his night in KC 135 years earler.

Thank you, Josh.

Im hoping that somehow Cinci can beat KC so we don't hear about this game ever again. That's not going to happen though, so it'll be at least 30 years.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Beast said:

Thank you, Josh.

Our defence robbed Josh Allen of his time in the sun,  narrative today was about Mahomes bring Chiefs back.  Beane needs to finally fix that sh?T show on defensive side of the ball.   

14 minutes ago, Beast said:

Thank you, Josh.

I thought about the same thing right when the drive started. The loss was also so much more frustrating just knowing what a win could have done for Josh. People talk about why he doesn't make Pro Bowls or isn't in the MVP race. That all would have ended in one game if we win. With the loss it will be forgotten about rather soon. It's just the nature of the game.   

23 minutes ago, KzooMike said:

I thought about the same thing right when the drive started. The loss was also so much more frustrating just knowing what a win could have done for Josh. People talk about why he doesn't make Pro Bowls or isn't in the MVP race. That all would have ended in one game if we win. With the loss it will be forgotten about rather soon. It's just the nature of the game.   

I respectfully disagree.  I had college buddies, who had not seen the 2021 Bills play, texting me they had no idea JA17 is that good.  Even my Pats*** bride said he is the best quarterback in the NFL (and she loves "Tommy").

• Thank you (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Beast said:

Thank you, Josh.

Josh reminds me of Elian.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.