This should have been Mitch Trubisky time

buffaloboyinATL

1 hour ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Denver is one that comes to mind. 

I definitely should have held back on my comment another day.

6 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

I doubt he is back in Buffalo for that coin for another year of sitting on the bench behind Allen…

He needs to move on somewhere to get on the field more regularly …also think someone will pay him Tyrod Taylor type money at the least .., $5-6 Mil per year ..

A lot of QB's that had no business playing got time that Trubisky should get. He'll find a better gig next year.

• Haha (+1) 1

13 hours ago, ArtVandalay said:

I'll tell you why I believe Mitch signed here. He saw this staff do a great job developing Allen, and offensive system that is very QB friendly, and a starting QB with a style of play that is perceived as higher risk for injury. He wanted to take a year to refocus.

But ultimately, here's the main play... him and his agent know Dabol is a hot Head Coach candidate last year and marked as a guy to get a job soon. So what he does is get in here on a 1 year deal, learn the system alongside Dabol, then when Dabol gets an expected HC gig next year,  Mitch goes with him as his QB. That's the play. 

Why would Daboll want to start his HC career with a backup grade QB as his starter?

Daboll knows better than anyone outside of Chicago how unfit Trubisky is to anchor an Offense.  

33 minutes ago, Success said:

Trubisky got to live & work in the greatest region on the world, w/ the absolute best people, fans & food, for a good part of a year.  I celebrate the opportunity he got to experience that, even if it's only for this one time.

Sounds great!  Where and when was this????!?!?!!?

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, klos63 said:

I definitely should have held back on my comment another day.

A lot of QB's that had no business playing got time that Trubisky should get. He'll find a better gig next year.

Trubisky signed with a team that would never likely play him.  There were  better gigs available.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.