In defense of Josh 3 pix and low qbr

First Round Bust

5 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

It wasn't a forced throw, but he didn't manipulate the LB with his eyes so he had an easy read on where the ball was going to be. Usually Allen is really good at that so I'm not worried. The ball caroming directly into a waiting defender's hands was total luck; the tip was caused by Allen being loose with his technique.

That's what happens on tips though. Hyde and Poyer are always talking about tips and over throws and picking them off. We can't just say it was bad luck. The chance of bad luck was created by throwing a bad pass within the defenders reach. Whether it was a force or Allen didn't manipulate the LB with his eyes doesn't really matter both are bad plays. 

19 hours ago, jletha said:

It wasnt his best day by any stretch but anyone who watched knows we won because of Josh and not despite. When a QB posts a rating of 17 and 3 ints thats not usually the case.

btw, while his QB Rating was 17, his QBR (the ESPN stat, which encompasses running and situation) was 11th overall for the week amongst all QBs. Which feels more correct.

While I'm not a big fan of passer rating, I despise QBR.

Yet, in this instance, I think QBR better captures Josh's performance.  The picks weren't entirely his fault.  And his ability as a runner - not measure by passer rating - obviously had a huge impact on the outcome.  

1 hour ago, hondo in seattle said:

While I'm not a big fan of passer rating, I despise QBR.

Yet, in this instance, I think QBR better captures Josh's performance.  The picks weren't entirely his fault.  And his ability as a runner - not measure by passer rating - obviously had a huge impact on the outcome.  

No metric is perfect, especially on a week-to-week basis. But for the total season so far this is the leaderboard in QBR:

image.png.d9bba7c012bd5f329928922392f59e3d.png

Which seems mostly fair. You can argue about the order, but overall thats not a bad list of top 11

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.