We are 4 plays away from being 13-2.

JÂy RÛßeÒ

3 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

We have a weird thing going.  We either win big or lose in a close one.  

#1 defense, #6 offense, #1 in point differential...  yet only 9-6.   

The Pack, in comparison:  #11 defense, #15 offense, #11 in point differential...  yet 12-3.  

I want to say that we're a better team than our record says we are - except that you are always exactly the team your record says you are.  

Those defense stats are very misleading 

One interesting tidbit.  Usually when you say "X plays and we'd be whatever", the comeback is "but Y plays and you're so and so."  That isn't true with this team.  Every win has been a blowout.  It's been an inability to run the ball in the red zone, combined with a couple of bad calls and combined with some bad luck and the result is 0 - 5 in one score games.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

There is a bit of luck involved especially the kicking game. 

The Bills have had 18/20 (90%) FGs made against them. 

Meanwhile the Patriots are at 19/30 63%. Imagine kickers making 1 in their next 10 against us? That probably gets us a Super Bowl championship. 

Retrospectively if the Bills had same % made against them so far, that’s 5 less field goals, which wins us the Jacksonville & first New England game. 

At 11-4, the Bills would be the current #1 seed by virtue of the head to head tie break with KC. 

• Like (+1) 1

I'd say Titans and Bucs we should have won. The bad officiating with the Bucs and the badly botched last play against Tennessee should not have happened. The others were more complicated. I thought we'd be 14-3 but we got some bad bounces. 11-6 with another division title with the team going into the playoffs hot works for me. They redeemed themselves and now look extremely dangerous. 

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.