The Bills are quietly the hottest team in the NFL

Hermes

@JoPoy88 @Chandler#81, et al. I've mulled it over today after lunch and I'm doubling down on my initial assertion that the Bills are quietly the hottest team in the NFL. After listening to some wgr and realizing just how proficient Josh has been along with the emergence of the run game and overall solid defensive play. The Bills have lost their last game this season and the win against the Pats in Foxborough is the type of game that defines seasons. The Bills are getting hot at the right time and the league is about to get put on notice

Edited by Hermes

Chiefs: 8 game win streak, only AFC team to clinch playoff spot

Colts: 8-2 over last 10 games after starting 1-4

Dolphins: First team to lose 7 straight games, then win 7 straight games in the same season. In a more progressive future, they could be the first team to win 7 gay games too! (Stole that joke from Brandon Perna on YT 😂)

Bills: 2 game win streak...

Yes, very quiet indeed! 

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

Dolphins: First team to lose 7 straight games, then win 7 straight games in the same season. In a more progressive future, they could be the first team to win 7 gay games too! (Stole that joke from Brandon Perna on YT 😂)

Yes, very quiet indeed! 

They are on a 15-game hot streak if you don’t count the losses. 

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, BigDingus said:

Yes, very quiet indeed! 

The thing about winning streaks is that they inevitably come to an end. I'm not sure the statistics on it either, although it always seems that the longer the streak goes the harder it is to maintain. I.e winning the fifth in a row is easier than winning the twelfth, obviously the opponents have a lot to do with it but that's my perception of it

35 minutes ago, Hermes said:

The thing about winning streaks is that they inevitably come to an end. I'm not sure the statistics on it either, although it always seems that the longer the streak goes the harder it is to maintain. I.e winning the fifth in a row is easier than winning the twelfth, obviously the opponents have a lot to do with it but that's my perception of it

So, you're theorizing that it's easier to win 5 in a row than 12 in row. Interesting.

22 minutes ago, QCity said:

So, you're theorizing that it's easier to win 5 in a row than 12 in row. Interesting.

Not necessarily that interpretation of it. Just that a team is less likely to win a particular game based on how long the winning streak is. So if all things were equal a team would have a lower chance of winning the further along in the streak they are.  It would take some serious statistical  analysis and a look at how likely a team is to win in a given week (DVOA?). Someone may have compiled the data I'm referring to but I'm not going to put in the effort to find it. 

3 hours ago, BigDingus said:

Yes, very quiet indeed! 

I swear to God, it's like some of these people aren't aware there are other teams in the league.

23 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

Both games were close.  I was disappointed in how ineffective the Pats D was in stopping the Bills O. Just a couple of stops and it’s a totally different ball game.. lol (before anyone gets their undies twisted I am not saying they should or could have just that I was more disappointed in them than the O. I wasn’t realistically expecting score more than 21_28 points.

I get your point of view. You're a Pats fan, they're your team and that's cool. I view my Bills' world through rose colored glasses also.

From my point of view, this game was not close. From the opening series, Buffalo was in total control, total command. NE is fortunate that we didn't hang 45 on them. It simply was not close. Also, going back to Buffalo's Monday Night loss, we walked off the field proving that we were a superior football team to the Patriots. We could have won the game three times in the 4th quarter. NE couldn't prevent it. We lost - they did not win.

If we get NE in the playoffs, we will win by 17 or more. Sunday's game was not close. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.