All we get out of first 120+ picks in the draft

Is Roscoe Parrish. With Everett gone for the year, this will be a pretty impactless draft. Even before the injury, many rated our draft pretty weak. I'm starting to get a little concerned. No healthy TE, and no clear starter quality left tackle. At least it is still early. Would you give Bubba's agent a call? He's not that fast, but he is a good blocker and has good hands.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Roscoe Parrish.  With Everett gone for the year, this will be a pretty impactless draft.  Even before the injury, many rated our draft pretty weak.  I'm starting to get a little concerned.  No healthy TE,  and no clear starter quality left tackle.  At least it is still early.  Would you give Bubba's agent a call?  He's not that fast, but he is a good blocker and has good hands.

326124[/snapback]

Yep, it's a blow. Frank's price is pretty high, though. I'm hoping that the selected linemen pan out - that would be a big plus.

Is Roscoe Parrish.  With Everett gone for the year, this will be a pretty impactless draft.  Even before the injury, many rated our draft pretty weak.

Ehhh, not so fast. Luckily the draft is more than just the 1st 120 picks. I can see Parrish and King being impact players, and within the "it takes 3 years to judge..." timeperiod, I'm expecting Preston, Geisinger, and Gudmundsen to be starters and good players. Gause might be a find as well.

Ehhh, not so fast.  Luckily the draft is more than just the 1st 120 picks.  I can see Parrish and King being impact players, and within the "it takes 3 years to judge..." timeperiod, I'm expecting Preston, Geisinger, and Gudmundsen to be starters and good players.  Gause might be a find as well.

326204[/snapback]

if king is to be an "impact player" in his rookie year how did he last until the 5th round in a weak draft?

and why would you expect 2 second day picks and an undrafted FA to eventually turn into starters? given the rate of busts in that area and their recent history, the bills will be lucky if one of those players blossums into a starter.........

just curious.......did you share the same zeal for the '02 draft as well?

if king is to be an "impact player" in his rookie year how did he last until the 5th round in a weak draft?

Good point. There will be NO GOOD PLAYER who come out of the 2nd day of this draft. It will be wholly unique in that respect.

and why would you expect 2 second day picks and an undrafted FA to eventually turn into starters?  given the rate of busts in that area and their recent history, the bills will be lucky if one of those players blossums into a starter.........

Uh, because of McNally. I've read the reports on Preston and Geisinger and think they'll be quality starters. I also think that Gudmundsen has to have some talent, if McNally was keeping tabs on him for years.

I was hoping the Bills would get Peppers.

326338[/snapback]

I liked the 2002 draft and the Josh Reed pick at the time. I am baffled why Reed is not a morr productive pro. I am not giving up on Reed yet- this is his make/break year IMO. In hindsight we could of drafted LaCharles Bentley instead of Josh Reed and Deion Branch instead of Ryan Denney. :blink:

It's important to remember how important some of our UDFAs were last year. So, yeah, this year's draft does seem pretty disappointing right now but ... well, you never know.

And that's really the only way to think about it at this point. You never know.

It's important to remember how important some of our UDFAs were last year. So, yeah, this year's draft does seem pretty disappointing right now but ... well, you never know.

And that's really the only way to think about it at this point. You never know.

I was disappointed just after this draft. I was high on Everett (and now I'm disappointed with that turn of events), but I thought Parrish was too small, King was a nobody, and I'd never heard of the OL prospects or the RB. Then I heard about how McNally was very happy with the draft (read: OL picks), and about how Parrish and King looked at the weekend camp. Then to hear the reports on the so-called 1st round pick from this year, JP, I think things are going to be alright. And if the Bills hit on a an UDFA or three, so much the better.