All we get out of first 120+ picks in the draft

Is Roscoe Parrish.  With Everett gone for the year, this will be a pretty impactless draft.  Even before the injury, many rated our draft pretty weak.  I'm starting to get a little concerned.  No healthy TE,  and no clear starter quality left tackle.  At least it is still early.  Would you give Bubba's agent a call?  He's not that fast, but he is a good blocker and has good hands.

326124[/snapback]

Talk about bad Karma. This board was awash in learned opinons that we were in the catbird seat with regard to the Henry situation because:

A. Some other team was sure to lose a starting RB to a preseason injury.

B. Travis was the best choice to replace that injured back; thus

C. Despite the abundant evidence that no one thinks much of Henry, some team would be forced to overcompenaste us to get such a mediocre RB.

So what happens? We are the ones who get snake bit with a pre-season injury and are in the market to overcompensate a mediocre replacement. I usually don't believe in such things but the bad karma of this situation has got even me wondering.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Talk about bad Karma.  This board was awash in learned opinons that we were in the catbird seat with regard to the Henry situation because:

A.  Some other team was sure to lose a starting RB to a preseason injury.

B.  Travis was the best choice to replace that injured back; thus

C.  Despite the abundant evidence that no one thinks much of Henry, some team would be forced to overcompenaste us to get such a mediocre RB.

So what happens?  We are the ones who get snake bit with a pre-season injury and are in the market to overcompensate a mediocre replacement.  I usually don't believe in such things but the bad karma of this situation has got even me wondering.

326610[/snapback]

Believe me, those thoughts still prevail, especially "C".

I dont know how big of a loss this kid is. Do you think that he was going to play a prominent role? Was he known as a blocking TE?

I would like to see the Bills secondary with a healthy Lawyer and TV. I wish Lori was here to tell us what our record is with those 2 healthy and starting. :w00t:

Is Roscoe Parrish.  With Everett gone for the year, this will be a pretty impactless draft.  Even before the injury, many rated our draft pretty weak.  I'm starting to get a little concerned.  No healthy TE,  and no clear starter quality left tackle.  At least it is still early.  Would you give Bubba's agent a call?  He's not that fast, but he is a good blocker and has good hands.

326124[/snapback]

I don't think Everett was going to be an impact player this year anyway. At best he was going to be a situational player. I still think Euhus will be our guy at TE this year.

I don't think Everett was going to be an impact player this year anyway.  At best he was going to be a situational player.  I still think Euhus will be our guy at TE this year.

326616[/snapback]

I am inclined to agree but there had to be a reason why they used their second pick on him when we drafted Euhus just last year. My guess is that there is some doubt about the recovery of Campbell and Euhus. Alternatively, they may have no concerns about TE but simply felt Everett was too talented to pass up. We'll never know now. :w00t: