Watching other games with playoff interest

Bills fan since 87

About a month and a half ago I wrote a post that said something along the lines of "In a wierd way I will miss playing around with the playoff machines this year as the Bills look to be cruising toward a top 2 seed"  

Man, that did not age well.  Here I am on that thing 2-3 times a day trying to pick positvely and get the Bills to win the division and more often picking the Bills to go 10-7 and finding ways we still get in.  Starting tonight I will be watching every other AFC team closely rooting for the favorable results for the Bills.  I feel the bottom has fallen out completley as I sit here with an all too familiar drought feeling.  Even when we made the playoffs a couple yars back we were someone comfortably locked into the 5 seed for the later half of the season.

Fotrunatley I do believe things are never as positive and negative as they would seem.  WIth that said we really, REALLY could use this win in Tampa Sunday.  The whole narrative would change next week with a divsion title still in play.  Otherwise we might be going into week 18 with rooting interests other than the Bills.  

At the very least we need to show up Sunday, if we get hammered I will have little faith we can win in New England and I will honestly start to worry about dropping one of the 3 home games.  Here we are again.  A crossroads game to say the least.  We better get it, time is quickly running out on what could be an alltime let down of a season.  Go Bills!

(I just can't believe I am hoping for a wildcard, how did it get to this)

In terms of outcomes this weekend, that would leave us IN the playoff field Monday morning - no matter what happens with the Tampa Bay game..

Minnesota beats Pittsburgh

Cleveland beats Baltimore OR Giants beat Chargers

Kansas City beats Las Vegas

San Francisco beats Cincinnati

*The Cleveland win somehow breaks a tie-breaker for us over Cinci, but not sure we want Cleveland to stick around or maybe some here think Baltimore will fall off with their tough schedule. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 2

AFC Central (I refuse it call it the "North") all have a bunch of head-to-head games coming up, so they'll beat each other up.  Steelers loss last night was huge.

A Bills loss Sunday isn't preferable but it's not a death nail either.  We're still in the hunt and 10 wins should definately get them in.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.