Leslie Frazier in the mix for Bears HC?

JohnNord

If he is hired to a HC position we would get a 3rd round comp pick in each of the next two drafts because of the NFL's new minority hire incentive. I wouldn't be especially happy to see him go but McDermott is the real brains behind the defense and two top 100 draft picks is a nice reward.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

Doubtful.  The bears are all about developing Fields, and Frazier isn’t the man for that. 

Or maybe Frazier has learned from the Minnesota gig and working under McDermott that he can hire an OC he trusts to develop Fields while he concentrates on the D and in game coaching. 

44 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

If he is hired to a HC position we would get a 3rd round comp pick in each of the next two drafts because of the NFL's new minority hire incentive. I wouldn't be especially happy to see him go but McDermott is the real brains behind the defense and two top 100 draft picks is a nice reward.

This has Rooney Rule written all over it.

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, HappyDays said:

You mean that defense that had 10 guys crowding the line of scrimmage and only Hyde back when Harris blew past the line?

I think there's very little chance Daboll gets hired as a HC anywhere. He's still a Belichick guy, identity-wise (none of whom have succeeded in the past), and this season combined with all of the bad statistical seasons prior to Allen are going to make it impossible to sell him to a fan base. 

Edited by dave mcbride

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.