"Where do you go after Irrelevance?"

The Boston Globe article on Ezekial is offensive to Buffalonians. They whip us on the football field, and then poor the salt in the wounds. To them we are nothing more than glorified rednecks, I tell you. We are worse than irrelevant to them.

Bostonians can be awfully snobbish. How about this one from the article:

"The parents of Ezekiel's girlfriend live about five minutes from Ralph Wilson Stadium. They're season-ticket holders. What else is there to do in Buffalo in midwinter?"

That last question is rhetorical--implying that going to Bills games is all there is to do in Buffalo, since we do not have the culture, the restaurants, the music, and performances that the educated elite enjoy in Boston.

The BIg Dig is a Big Fiasco. What a waste of 14 billion dollars of US taxpayer's money. The federal gov't funded that (thanks to Teddy Kennedy), for the beautification of Boston. It would be nice to have that kind of money infused in the Buffalo economy, wouldn't it?

You would think something like that would make Bostonians more humble. Hardly. They take our money, waste it on leaking tunnels, and then insult us (after kicking our asses in football). I confess I am getting myself pissed off. I had better go cool down.

The Boston Globe article on Ezekial is offensive to Buffalonians. They whip us on the football field, and then poor the salt in the wounds. To them we are nothing more than glorified rednecks, I tell you. We are worse than irrelevant to them.

Bostonians can be awfully snobbish. How about this one from the article:

"The parents of Ezekiel's girlfriend live about five minutes from Ralph Wilson Stadium. They're season-ticket holders. What else is there to do in Buffalo in midwinter?"

That last question is rhetorical--implying that going to Bills games is all there is to do in Buffalo, since we do not have the culture, the restaurants, the music, and performances that the educated elite enjoy in Boston.

I could give a rat's A$$ what Boostonians or anyone one else that does not live here has to say about WNY. Why would the writer know and care where Ezekial's girlfriends parents live?

Just out of curiosity, what else IS there to do in the middle of Winter in Buffalo?

324808[/snapback]

-Get a chance to use your new $600 snow blower 3 times a week.

-Go tobogganing at Chestnut Ridge park...no wait that was closed.

-Build a warm fire while listening to the every lawmaker in Erie County fight with one another like they were in grade school, wishing you could fuel the fire fire with these inept idiots who are slowly ripping this area apart!

I didn't know Bills fans were so thin skinned. Get over it.

amen.

at the same time, I will admit that bostonians do love putting other places down, and it stems from the fact that they have a new york complex.

The majority of Buffalonians could give a chowda what other cities think of us. If you are so easily offended you might want to move out of a city that's identity is partly derived from perserverence in the face of difficult odds.

RTB

That last question is rhetorical--implying that going to Bills games is all there is to do in Buffalo, since we do not have the culture, the restaurants, the music, and performances that the educated  elite enjoy in Boston.

324786[/snapback]

Absolutely nothing he said was untrue. I've been to Boston. It's by far a more active, cultured, and all around beautiful than WNY (along with being home to some of the most prestigious universities in the country). I'm saying this and I'm one of the handful of people who have ever moved back to WNY.

But really, unless you have some way of rebutting what he has to say.... well, don't let it bother you.

Yes I live here in downtown Boston. It still amazes me how elitist this city is for essentially nothing. The weather is awful--more rain than Buffalo. Much more snobby people. Senators who should be in jail. They do have a great baseball tradition which I enjoy--even though I'm a Yankee fan. A great football team,but that team is closer to Providence! Way overrated city. NYC, Chicago much better. If it wasn't for my job I'd be out of here in a second.

When you hear all the people make fun of Buffalo you can think of Boston too! Not that great of a city--although they like to think it is.

I had a good laugh over those comments in the Globe because I've seen downtown Foxboro. Believe me, it ain't all that. That article wasn't worth taking seriously. At all.

Don't be hating on every one in Boston because of the article in the Globe. We have a damn good Bills Backers club here.

Just out of curiosity, what else IS there to do in the middle of Winter in Buffalo?

324808[/snapback]

Work, eat and drink. The same damn things there are to do in Boston in the winter.