Thoughts Day After Jags Disaster

corta765

1 minute ago, JohnNord said:

You do realize that McDermott still has 4 years on his contract right?  He also has a boatload of goodwill and power around OBD after turning a loser of a franchise into a top team.  You can hope all you want but the reality is - he isn’t going anywhere anytime soon.  One bad season, isn’t going to change that 

Never said can him but it just offers questions that are fair. You only get so many cracks as a team and a coach, if guys start buying out that is not a good sign for his future and this ownership has never had a problem firing people.

I don't know why they never run no huddle when they're pinned against the wall. The pats with Brady did this all the time and would kill teams with it. Daboll seems to have a game plan, then make adjustments, but then sticks way too much to his guns. If your in game adjustments are still not working, try somethjng else

Edited by Steptide
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Sugar High JA17 said:

Our team needed this loss, bunch of over paid athletes that need to play hard & earn a win. Our 2021 cocky bills will prevail

Problem is a team should not NEED a loss to wake them up. These guys play a damn sport for a living and get paid handsomely to do so. 

The "wake-up call" is such crap

6 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I don't know why they never run no huddle when they're pinned against the wall. The pats with Brady did this all the time and would kill teams with it. Daboll seems to have a game plan, then make adjustments, but then sticks way too much to his guns. If your in game adjustments are still not working, try somethjng else

This is Daboll's greatest weakness. He sticks too long with a game plan that isnt working and then tries an emergency adlib a little too late. I know that McD trusts him with the game plan but at some point He has to intervene EARLIER and have an emergency plan. Yesterday despite how terrible they were , they had at least 3 chances on offense to pull it out of the fire but they didnt do anything different and experienced the same pathetic results!

Edited by Livinginthepast

2 hours ago, corta765 said:

Never said can him but it just offers questions that are fair. You only get so many cracks as a team and a coach, if guys start buying out that is not a good sign for his future and this ownership has never had a problem firing people.

Of course, if they play every week like yesterday he won’t last long.  You could say the same thing any time a team gets blow out.  Pretty sure that won’t happen though.  

To use a one game sample size as an indication to McDermott’s future seems pretty futile.  Then again, that’s the whole theme of this forum 

I've consistently questioned if McD was the guy to win it all. More on this board are starting to question him too.

I think he has improved his game day decision making during his tenure. I think he had become more aggressive. 

I just continue to question the roster makeup and the player evaluation.  He overemphasizes special teams to the detriment of the rest of the roster. 

What is he and others seeing in practice that they beleive Ford can play o-line at any position? He has been brutal. Gilliam, Doyle, and Sweeney are awful. Yet they are getting more opportunities than McKenzie and Davis. Is Taiwan Jones really such an elite gunner that they can't dress a guy with actual speed. There must be 5 other guys that can do what Jones does on game day. 

Not getting your team ready to play is on the head coach. How many patsies did Belichick beat repeatedly. Has it ever been said his team wasn't ready to compete.  If the culture he has built doesn't produce self accountability among the players, then the culture is worthless. 

As the OP said, the next several games will really test McDermott and his ability to lead through adversity. 

That game sucked going into- anything short of a complete blowout was going to be disappointing... and if we blew them out it was going to be a crappy football game to watch. 

Decided to take a look at a Jags board, and this gem from a longtime poster at least helped a bit- "Aside from Hyde’s fumble and the missed kicks, was a refreshing and exciting game to watch."

9 fricken points... so glad we're not there anymore

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.