LeBron James has hopped on the Josh Allen train

12 hours ago, HurlyBurly51 said:

Nah, as great as he might be as a player, he’s the polar opposite as a person and I don’t want him associated in any way with Josh who by all accounts is a great player AND person.

How is LJ not a great person?

I’m thinking some of us know why people don’t like Lebron James…..80% of it doesn’t have to do with basketball……they just throw that out there to mask the real reason.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

4 hours ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

Heck, I started the thread thinking it would garner comments about one player at the top of his sport acknowledging another who is ascending to that spot in his own. How naive I was...

It is sad and annoying.

Regardless of how anyone personally feels about Lebron, he's the greatest/most recognizable American athlete in the world right now.

Pretty cool to give Josh a shout out.

Go Bills!

5 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Why all the LeBron hate? I don't watch the NBA so maybe I am missing why he is so dislikeable?

American politics and race relations. This thread was headed to PPP the second it was started with all the easily-triggered folks here.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Vomit 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Do not understand the reaction in this thread.  So I guess the alternative is much better in some people’s minds: Bills have a middling QB and the only Twitter compliments come from a close relative.

This comes with the territory.  Enjoy it!!

On a side note, this forum seems to have a lot of angst today after a 40-0 win.  I don’t get it. 

• Agree 1

99% of the hate directed towards Lebron in this thread seems to be of the "I don't like his stances on political issues" variety. Folks that would prefer he "shut up and dribble". 

Pretty funny, since many of these same folks will be the first to pull the "DON'T YOU DARE ATTACK MAH FIRST AMMENDMENT FREEDOMS!!!!" card.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

6 minutes ago, Logic said:

99% of the hate directed towards Lebron in this thread seems to be of the "I don't like his stances on political issues" variety. Folks that would prefer he "shut up and dribble". 

Pretty funny, since many of these same folks will be the first to pull the "DON'T YOU DARE ATTACK MAH FIRST AMMENDMENT FREEDOMS!!!!" card.

🤣generalize much?🤦‍♀️

Seems like a terrible guy to me...

https://www.distractify.com/p/lebron-james-charity-donations

LeBron James has made *a lot* of charity donations over the years.

No discussion of LeBron’s charitable history is complete without first covering his very own charity foundation: The LeBron James Family Foundation. The foundation is one of the main ways that LeBron gives back to his hometown of Akron, Ohio. It provides students with programs, support, and mentors to help them succeed in school (and beyond). 

The foundation also supports the I Promise School in Akron, which is specifically aimed at supporting at-risk children and providing them with a stable learning environment both at school and at home. While the school is a public school (and thus funded by taxpayers), LeBron’s foundation donates more than $1 million per year to the school, which goes toward teacher salaries and keeping class sizes manageable.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

• Simon locked this topic