Jacksonville is historically bad...

eball

17 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I think you mean 2013? 2014 at least had Carr and Bridgewater. 

Of the QBs people are talking about in this class... not a big Spencer Rattler guy, Sam Howell has a bit of a Baker Mayfield vibe but has been inconsistent when I've seen him play, I quite like the Ole Miss kid he reminds me a bit of a smaller Jordan Love, there are some decision making questions, but he has been decent to start this season and I love his release. Just say no to Bo Nix and JT Daniels. Apparently there is a kid at Nevada? Not seen any of him. 

Basically I have seen nobody yet in this class who I go straight away "now that is a first round Quarterback." That isn't to say someone won't get there for me by April or that one won't be taken but if you are a New York Giants type team who have a Daniel Jones and you are 50/50 at the year's end this might be the year to go "okay let's give him another shot." Ironically the last class I felt this way about was that 2019 class which included Daniel Jones where, until Kyler Murray changed course late in the day and declared, I was adamant that there wasn't a Quarterback in that draft with a true first round grade. 

Yeah it's not looking like an extraordinary QB class at this point. 

Corral looks like the most impressive physical specimen of the big names........at the 2017 elite 11 he is the guy who drew the Brett Favre comps(Fields got Tyrod comps😉)...........but he's also had the benefit of seasoning over younger guys like Rattler and Howell.    He's a redshirt Junior and will turn 23 about the time that Ole Miss plays their bowl game.  

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Yeah definitely don't have good odds when teams decide to hire a HC out from a college and new to NFL. Can't think of many that succeeded.

The last HC to succeed with ZERO NFL experience is Jimmy Johnson, I believe.

I suppose I should make clear I mean "sustained success" as some might say Chip Kelly had a good year or two.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, The Dean said:

The last HC to succeed with ZERO NFL experience is Jimmy Johnson, I believe.

I suppose I should make clear I mean "sustained success" as some might say Chip Kelly had a good year or two.

Yeah I mean in other words, it's rare

23 hours ago, The Dean said:

Wasn't meant as a correction, but rather as additional information. 29 games is the actual longest NFL losing streak

Not going to belabor this because you’re a good dude, but (a) the Chicago streak was noted upthread; and (b) referencing the streak since the league merged into its current form is, I think, more relevant. Cheers.

5 hours ago, eball said:

Not going to belabor this because you’re a good dude, but (a) the Chicago streak was noted upthread; and (b) referencing the streak since the league merged into its current form is, I think, more relevant. Cheers.

I hadn't seen it mentioned earlier. It wasn't meant as a competitive thing. Just for completeness. The newer record is probably more relevant, for sure.

Some serious amnesia around here. Jags made AFC title game under Marrone (2018?) and beat a certain team from WNY to get there. Kyle Williams only playoff game.

Under Tom Coughlin they went to the AFC title game beating our glory era Bills and Elway era Broncos along the way. Tony Boselli owned Bruce Smith in that game. 

2 hours ago, stuvian said:

Some serious amnesia around here. Jags made AFC title game under Marrone (2018?) and beat a certain team from WNY to get there. Kyle Williams only playoff game.

Under Tom Coughlin they went to the AFC title game beating our glory era Bills and Elway era Broncos along the way. Tony Boselli owned Bruce Smith in that game. 

Didn’t Natrone Means destroy us that day? That was the end for Kelly.

3 hours ago, stuvian said:

I was stationed in the small town of Eureka, CA in '96. Got to know the owners of the only sports bar and as can be expected I was the only Bills fan around.  A couple months after we lost in the playoffs, the owner "gifted" me this. Still on my Bills shelf all these years later. MIss that guy and his wife, they were top shelf even if they were Raiders fans.

749526193_MikeHollis2.thumb.jpg.022c3c1a9021d9296830554cf4a898ce.jpg

Edited by Coastie
  • Like (+1) 1