Haack is kicking really slow [Moderator Edited🤦‍♂️]

Gisele

3 hours ago, Bob in STL said:

I would love to see some timing numbers on Haack compared to other punters.   He looks very slow, yet he has 2 blocks in his career and the last one against Pittsburgh was hardly his fault.  

He seems to look down and stare before he starts his punt. 

Att       Blk 

Haack           314        2

Bojorquez     172        2

Moorman      972        2

Guy              1049       3

he has at least one other block that is not counted because the ball technically went like 1 yard pass the line of scrimmage 

• Thank you (+1) 1

I'm back with another punting take!

Imagine the Tom Brady of punters... Obsessive. Chip on his shoulder. Super into fitness and gives up pretty much everything else in life to be the NFL's greatest punter of all-time. Big difference is that he's super athletic to start with. 

He sets a goal: I want to play 30 years in the league. Play until he's 51-52, assuming he enters the league at age 21/22. 

Someone like that could possibly punt fairly effectively until he's 51-52, right? You almost never get hit, you even more rarely take any type of head shot. Basically it's a life of obsessive fitness and flexibility training where you punt a ball a few times on Sunday afternoons and make a few million bucks a year. You're never really under too much pressure, except for in your own end zone, so you're never winning or losing a game on a punt. 

Plus, once you hit 40, you'll have all that punting knowledge and experience to draw from. 

Downside... There's only so much glory a punter can have, but you could play a (small) part in winning a bunch of Super Bowls along the way, especially if you play 30 seasons. 

As I'm writing I'm realizing 30 seasons sounds insane, but Tom Brady is playing his 21st season right now at a position that takes a lot more punishment than a punter, and he looks better than he did 10 years ago.