If the Bills sign A-Train.........

jreed82

In my opinion, this is a perfect backup for Mcgahee. If A-train signs, I make Henry sweat it out for awhile, see if there are any injuries in camp and then dump him for a 5th rounder. Best case scenario, we get A-train, Philly comes calling and we get a 3rd in next year's draft.

The visit by Anthony Thomas was reported by WKBW.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I am all for signing Atrain, especially if he can be had for the same or less bucks then Travis is right now.

Like I have said, everyone knows I am not a fan of Travis, his limited ability and his off field antics, but I would be comfortable with him as the backup.

The probably with Atrain and Travis I see is that I want the backups on the field for Special teams. I don't see that with either one of them.

I'm not sure about him anymore. I realize he put up some good numbers as a rookie and then had some injury issues. Once he returned, he was too slow to hit any holes and frustrated the Bears coaches to no end. I sure liked the guy at Michigan but sometimes these between the tackle types are just shot at an early age from taking too much punishment.

I trust the Bills judgement but I guess he and Garrison Hearst are the only options left at this juncture.

Have you seen this guy run? I would rather have Shaud than this guy!!!!

Had one magical year, thats it. There is a reson the Bears do not want him back

322040[/snapback]

Admittedly I don't watch many Bears games but I do follow the highlights and stats. This guy ran hard when Thomas Jones went down, in fact he ran better than Thomas Jones did and probably should have been the starter. He hits the hole the same way Travis does, he is not very shifty but will get you the tough yards. This line is built for a power running game with Anderson, Williams, and Villarial all specializing in run blocking. I think he would be a nice addition at this point in free agency.

I love Shaud as a change of pace, but if Mcgahee goes down for more than a couple weeks, you do not want Shaud carrying the load.

I think I would rather have the A-Train than Garrison Hearst. I believe that the A-Train hasn't derailed yet and he could provide veteran depth at a very important skill position. I still think that Shaud would be the #2 with either A-Train or GH playing #3 and have Lionel Gates on the PS as an insurance policy.

Then I'd blow something up.

Good, hope it gets done, then Henry can ride the bench if he's still in Buffalo in September.

two 1,000 yard seasons in 4 years. His durability is a concern, but we already have a star RB on the team, AT would make a pretty solid backup. He should come pretty cheap too.

I'd take the A train also...

I'm staying away from Hearst because I took in with my 10th round selection last year as my sleeper guy in my fantasy draft and was never able to start him...that should be all you need to know...stay away from Hearst at all costs!! :P

I'd take the A train also...

I'm staying away from Hearst because I took in with my 10th round selection last year as my sleeper guy in my fantasy draft and was never able to start him...that should be all you need to know...stay away from Hearst at all costs!! :P

322068[/snapback]

Help me out here...what does drafting him in your fantasy league and him being a quality backup to WM have to do with each other?

Before signing anyone (especially an overrated veteran in Thomas) the Bills should be attempting to reconcile with Travis so that the 2005 year can be beneficial for both parties:

1. It clearly would be best for the Bills to have Travis Henry as a backup to Willis McGahee. Anyone insinuating that Anthony Thomas is his equal or better has not seen Thomas play.

2. Henry would best be served in the offseason by proving his salt this year. Heck, he's already proven his ability, so it would not take much in the minds of GMs to reassure them of his Pro Bowl status. Regardless of his starter/backup status, he will receive 25% or more of the game's carries; and McGahee (like any starting NFL RB) can be expected to miss at least a couple games with injury.

Before signing anyone (especially an overrated veteran in Thomas) the Bills should be attempting to reconcile with Travis so that the 2005 year can be beneficial for both parties:

It has been reprted that Henry will not report to minicamp this weekend. He seems determined to leave Buffalo and sais he will not play. Tough to reconcile with that.

It has been reprted that Henry will not report to minicamp this weekend. He seems determined to leave Buffalo and sais he will not play. Tough to reconcile with that.

322132[/snapback]

"Tough" yes. Impossible? Hardly. It is the job of the GM to handle "tough" situations and make them workable and mutually beneficial.

1.  It clearly would be best for the Bills to have Travis Henry as a backup to Willis McGahee.  Anyone insinuating that Anthony Thomas is his equal or better has not seen Thomas play. 

2.  Henry would best be served in the offseason by proving his salt this year.  Heck, he's already proven his ability, so it would not take much in the minds of GMs to reassure them of his Pro Bowl status.  Regardless of his starter/backup status, he will receive 25% or more of the game's carries; and McGahee (like any starting NFL RB) can be expected to miss at least a couple games with injury.

322121[/snapback]

1.) We've all seen A-Train's play. He is capable of a 1,000 yard season easily. Now if we were bringing him into start, i'd understand your point. But I think Thomas is perfect for the position TH is in. I think Travis is right, he's too good for where he is on the roster. But Thomas would be just right.

2.) Henry is NOT coming back. Let it go. I'd bet that when we sign our veteran backup, the Travis trade will soon follow. TH is already not showing up for the mandatory mini-camp and he'll do the same for training camp.