Will Gabe Davis ever challenge the #1 WR spot?

7 hours ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Moulds was a great WR. I don't know about comparing Davis to Moulds though. What exactly about Davis do you compare to Moulds? The height? Not trying to be a smart ass and hope you don't take it that way. Seriously wondering because I honestly don't see it myself. 

Height, strength, solid hands. Ability to make contested and tough catches.

Moulds was more of a deep threat, but Davis seems to thrive on those 30yd rockets over the middle and the sideline toe-tap They played with radically different QB's which is surely to affect the way they are used. But with his body. type, confidence and demeanor I can see why the OP made the comparison and I agreed.

On 8/29/2021 at 2:15 AM, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

First off, please don't jump down my throat. It's just a random thought/question and not a preseason overreaction. This has been on my mind since the end of last season. 

When I watch Davis ball, he looks like a star in the making. The chemistry between him and Allen has been evident from the beginning. He's not the fastest guy, but and can stretch the field. He's also great in the Red zone coming in 3rd place of all rookies last year in TD receptions + is the best on the team at making those sideline catches (IMO.) Great measurables, sure handed, and versatile. What more can you ask for? My only concern is his lack of production in the playoffs specifically against KC when we needed someone to really step up. 

I don't wanna say I exactly "disappointed" that the Bills picked up Emmanuel Sanders, I know depth is never a bad thing, but I really wanted to see where his progression would lead to getting more targets. I feel he will eventually take that #2 (if he already hasn't) and become a 1B guy to Diggs. 

What do you guys think? 

Yeah and he is learning from now 2 of the hardest working, route running, sure handed WRs I think you and a lot of us have been thinking the same thing  

• Agree 1

On 8/29/2021 at 2:22 PM, John from Riverside said:

Its a great problem to have.

I am sure everyone remembers when we didnt have ONE legit number 1 WR on this team

Why ya gotta bring that up…? 😁

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Rebel101 said:

Yeah and he is learning from now 2 of the hardest working, route running, sure handed WRs I think you and a lot of us have been thinking the same thing  

As somebody pointed out earlier, he's in one of the best situations a WR can be in. Great OC, great WRs to learn from, and great QB. If he fails to really take the next step, it will be nobody's fault, but his own. I don't believe Sanders or anyone else minus Diggs will keep him pushed down the depth chart.

1 hour ago, Don Otreply said:

Why ya gotta bring that up…? 😁

Because we Bills fans need to relive that past pain every once in awhile to truly appreciate what we have in the present !

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Honestly, the embarrassment of riches we have at the receiver position and Allen's continued development is going to make it really interesting as to who actually ends up leading the the team in receptions and receiving yards. I would not be surprised at all if Davis squeaks out the lead in receiving yards. And if that happens, look out. Davis 1250 yards. Diggs 1200 yards. Beasley 950 yards. Sanders 800 yards. It will be interesting to see who is on the field the majority of time in 2, 3 and 4 receiver sets.